T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

How low is yours
Total of answers: 216

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Extras » Security » Single Door Locking (Passenger Door Unlocked)
Single Door Locking
Date: Thursday, 15/Sep/11, 7.36 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
My T5 is setup with single locking - one click of unlock fob opens the driver's door only and two clicks of fob opens all the other doors. Clicking the lock fob locks all doors fine. In addition if you open the T5 driver's door and then drive off, after a short distance the central locking system is engaged and all locks are activated - guess anti-hi-jack feature.

All has worked fine, but more recently I have noticed that when driving off the anti-hi-jack feature is not locking the passenger door. It seems to try to lock it, but it does not hold. Any ideas of the what might be causing this? What is more confusing is that the locking with the fob works fine.

Date: Thursday, 15/Sep/11, 1.47 PM | Message # 2
Major general
it could be a loose contact or a degraded contact if a little water has got past the window seal.

Take the door card off and check if they are loose then spray the contacts with cleaner then refit

\

Date: Saturday, 17/Sep/11, 4.48 PM | Message # 3
Private
Many thanks for the suggestion. Can you point to any details of how I remove the door card as I am new to the Transporter?

Date: Saturday, 17/Sep/11, 9.55 PM | Message # 4
Major general
the door card is pretty easy to remove

dont have pic of my door so found this one on the net have added some text and arrows to try and make it easy for you

hope it helps
Attachments: 6662666.jpg (67.1 Kb)

\

Message edited by LT - Saturday, 17/Sep/11, 9.55 PM

Date: Tuesday, 27/Sep/11, 7.22 AM | Message # 5
Private
Firstly let me apologise for not responding earlier to your help anotated diagram that was very easy to follow. All seemed OK and I am now thinking it may be something to do with the way a relay has been wired to allow the car's alternator to charge the leisure battery when on the move. Will be doing some further tests over the next few days. Again many thanks.

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Extras » Security » Single Door Locking (Passenger Door Unlocked)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: