Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Campaign To Get T4 Owners To Wave To Each Other (And stop to help stricken T4 owner setc)
Campaign To Get T4 Owners To Wave To Each Other
Date: Sunday, 11/Oct/09, 8.32 AM | Message # 26
Sergeant
Group: Members
Generally I give a wave to other T4 drivers and T25 driver but don't always get a like minded response which is a shame really.
it doesn't natural for some people. maybe it's my old biker ways showing through but it's good to acknowledge other Vdubbers, it makes one feel good and raises a smile or two.
As an idea maybe we could start a campaign to address the issue.
and to help it along we could come up with a slogan, which we could maybe et made into sticker form to go on our vans? duff idea?
what do ya think?

Date: Sunday, 11/Oct/09, 2.42 PM | Message # 27
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Go for it what would you have on it then all ideas welcomed ?? cool

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 13/Oct/09, 7.01 AM | Message # 28
Colonel
I've waved so much me arm hurts and not many wave back,so i just smile at them biggrin
Probably scares them even more.

THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND

Date: Wednesday, 14/Oct/09, 7.06 PM | Message # 29
Lieutenant
Me and the wife are waving crazily in and around Bristol. The ex-AA vans have definitely got it going on. I reckon 8/10 yellow T4s wave back and there seems to be quite a few round here (for those who don't know my T4 is yellow).

Some little old lady pulled up alongside my wife at some traffic lights and leaned right across the passenger seat just so my could see her wave so it's certainly not an age thing!

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Date: Wednesday, 14/Oct/09, 7.44 PM | Message # 30
Major general
wink Are yo sure she wasn't mistaking the wave for an AA salute?? wink

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Wednesday, 14/Oct/09, 7.56 PM | Message # 31
Major general
Are you sure she wasn't getting confused between the VW wave & the AA salute!!!!!! wink wink

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Thursday, 15/Oct/09, 9.49 AM | Message # 32
Major
Its great! im waving to every T4 owner and they always wave back. Misses thinks im sad. Its like one big massive community. We should have special hand shakes so when we meet people we instantly know they are a T4/T5 driver. biggrin

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

Date: Friday, 16/Oct/09, 6.00 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant
Quote (stewnjo)
Are you sure she wasn't getting confused between the VW wave & the AA salute!!!!!!

Never thought of that, she might have broken down aand was seeking assistance from the (T)4th emergency service! biggrin

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.

Date: Thursday, 29/Jul/10, 11.49 PM | Message # 34
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ive counted 6 or 7 nice T4s about the area latly & waved at every one of them & not a single responce angry
until
the other day when unexpectidly a T4 camper pulled onto the estate whilst I was heading to the gym, I looked directly at him & he looked directly at me so I lifted my index finger expecting nothing & too mu surprise He waved back

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 30/Jul/10, 10.35 AM | Message # 35
Webmaster
Our message is getting through bro cake finally

Keep up the good works, when i finally get mine on the road....I will again be saluting [everyone] as before!! reply or not the more that do it!! the more that see it.....And the more that see it.....The more it shall catch on if you see what i mean..

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 31/Jul/10, 9.50 AM | Message # 36
Lieutenant general
starting to work around my way biggrin

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Saturday, 31/Jul/10, 10.02 AM | Message # 37
Webmaster
Good good keep it up buddy ...... The more doing it the more that will eventually wave back biggrin cool biggrin

Date: Sunday, 01/Aug/10, 1.37 AM | Message # 38
Colonel
Why not, oath now sweared.

The 'surf' vans tend to wave up here (there's a joke there somewhere), Jimmy mackay in his joiner's van waves already, I know him. Infact I know everyone that I pass on the road...... they all wave.

Most of the tourists wave, but not the germans (like you needed telling), the toffs that come up for the fishing only wave at other black Range Rovers.

Mindyou, I bet I don't see twenty cars a day...

What a quiet life it is up here in the hills..................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I love the smell of bacon in the morning...

Date: Sunday, 01/Aug/10, 5.18 PM | Message # 39
Webmaster
The life i truely relish ...... and we are halfway there now with the reason gone for staying where we currently live and the ability to now consider a further move North ....... [beware Captian Dodgy and his sidekick Yawny could be on route to a village near you soon happy ] Wick nice this time of year biggrin cool

Date: Sunday, 24/Jul/11, 11.53 PM | Message # 40
Major general
i wave at fellow T4 drivers and normally get a wave back. I also nod/wave at other T's as well except T5's as down here they all tend to be snotty nosed chavs who would rather rev up and try and get away from the lights before you and think there bus is better (even though there normally all sign written for the fisheries down here

so ther basicly driven by herring smelling chavs

\

Date: Monday, 25/Jul/11, 3.36 PM | Message # 41
Webmaster
Im very tempted to but wont mention another group here ..... Your statements above sounds just like them surprised tongue :'(

Date: Tuesday, 26/Jul/11, 8.42 PM | Message # 42
Private
havent got mine yet...picking up van thursday...conversion to be organised...I will deffinetly wave to other owners if and when i see them...love waving to other VW beetle owners and get a mixed response.. the snooty one's think I'm insane the friendly one's get so much pleasure we wave like mad!!!
a friendly wave and smile can make a dull day a little bit brighter...
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Date: Wednesday, 27/Jul/11, 10.39 PM | Message # 43
Colonel
have been down in lake district all week and have to say not all wave

some have though especially a blue t4 in windemere nice van hi if yer on here

\

Date: Monday, 01/Aug/11, 12.47 PM | Message # 44
Private
I always wave at any VW T...
Don't always get a wave in return but a lot of the T4's and 5's are still works vans so they dont know no better.
Up and down the A82 and A9 a lot and have noticed since the summer season has (allegedly) arrived i'm getting more waves back.
Her in doors thinks i'm no right!
Whenever my mate is out in his with his missus, he makes a V with his thumb and forefinger and his good lady makes a W in a similar fashion.

Keep on keepin' on....

If Voting really made a difference, it would be illegal!!

Date: Wednesday, 03/Aug/11, 5.46 PM | Message # 45
Colonel
I recently drove up to Bristol from Bournemouth and most T4's that passed me waved, so i duly returned said gesture..

I tend to look at the van first ,like you say if its on its arse then good chance they will wave, but if its standard then its a workhorse..

mine has had standard wheels on for the last 4 weeks and no one takes a second look..

its all about the wheels and how low she goes down in sunny Dorset..lol.llol...

saying that i am off down to Cornwall soon, so am sure i will get a few waves then....

x

Message edited by Ckrisrok - Wednesday, 03/Aug/11, 5.47 PM

Date: Thursday, 04/Aug/11, 4.37 AM | Message # 46
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
I wear a bra biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 05/Aug/11, 2.18 PM | Message # 47
Major general
been reading through this post and see a few people mentioned stickers so i thought i would have a go as its something i do anyway

how bout summin like this

this one ive done in gold as im awaiting a new restock of vinyl and its cut 100 x 100 i can do these in various sizes and colours (once restock arrives)

dont have to have the frame around it just left it there to outline the sticker
Attachments: 3522565.jpg (52.0 Kb)

\

Message edited by LT - Friday, 05/Aug/11, 2.20 PM

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Campaign To Get T4 Owners To Wave To Each Other (And stop to help stricken T4 owner setc)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: