Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Campaign To Get T4 Owners To Wave To Each Other (And stop to help stricken T4 owner setc)
Campaign To Get T4 Owners To Wave To Each Other
Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 1.10 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Due to my own personal experiences as denoted in the previous post i have today posted a new poll on the front page of our website in this regard pleas euse it so we can acertain what is the problem

Or alternatively the questions are below if you wish a longer answer:

Do you wave to other T4/T5 owners Regularily - Always - Never
If you don't why not, Cant be arsed - Don't want to - Not my scene
Would you stop to assist a T4/T5 owner Yes - No - Depends where - Never
Why do you think T4/T5 owners do not generally behave like this ??

So if you wouldn't mind giving us your rendisions of the wheres and why fours of this rather customary practice which has been lost in recent generations of VW camper, Motorhome and custom bus let alone in a normal van

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 7.13 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
It's all happening. Acknowledged by a nod and grin from an identical van and from the owner of a tasty red T4 coming up his drive, I even got an alright mate. I was stuck in traffic as usual.
Regularly wave unless it's an obvious non waving type geezer.
Always let VW's out of the side streets, and most other people (terrible with mini cabs though) Shame on me! They take such liberties....
Would always stop and help unless its at the side of the motorway. I dunno but there is a strange thing about stopping on motorway hard shoulders. I think some people may feel intimidated and the rescue services/vosa vans are never far away.
Since I've been out and about in the van it has generally been acknowledged by other T4 drivers, T5's around here are all taxis with blacked out windows and 20inch chrome rims. It's a cabbie thing.
Just in case you think I am anti taxi, in London I always give way to black cabs, always found them to be true gentlemen, although there are bound to be those who disagree. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 19/Mar/09, 7.40 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
Group: Members
i normally do biggrin

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Friday, 20/Mar/09, 1.16 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Ok so it's a Scottish thing them being shunned em and the plot thickens [elp maybe the owrd is out maybe the whole country does know me an ma van <_< ]

Ok i shall make it my pupose in driving fromn here to Pitlochry tommorow [to go to my concert Red Hot Chillie Pipers] to wave to absolutely every T4 and T5 we see and do a head count of yeahs and nos and scientifically do sum

Results to follow on Sunday surprised

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 20/Mar/09, 8.00 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
cool cool love the chillie pepers biggrin

Date: Friday, 20/Mar/09, 10.17 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Red Hot Chillie PIPERS not peppers my man cool

Date: Friday, 20/Mar/09, 11.59 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant general
even better went to the world bag pipe thing held in dumbarton few years back 2 mins walk from my brothers

Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 8.33 AM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
I didn't know about pipe gigs??? Do they still have a mosh pit? If I hear pipe music coming from a T4, will definitely make a point of waving in that case. We have a piper plays regularly across the road from work on Mortlake Green. Pleasant sounds intermingling with all the traffic.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 9.06 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Quote (ray356)
cool cool love the chillie pepers biggrin

Love m in a curry !!

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 9.09 PM | Message # 10
Major general
Must be a Northerly wind, no wonder the weathers change. Its cloudy, windy & cold. haha haha

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 9.13 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Quote (listensqueak)
t's all happening. Acknowledged by a nod and grin from an identical van and from the owner of a tasty red T4 coming up his drive, I even got an alright mate. I was stuck in traffic as usual.
Regularly wave unless it's an obvious non waving type geezer.
Always let VW's out of the side streets, and most other people (terrible with mini cabs though) Shame on me! They take such liberties....
Would always stop and help unless its at the side of the motorway. I dunno but there is a strange thing about stopping on motorway hard shoulders. I think some people may feel intimidated and the rescue services/vosa vans are never far away.
Since I've been out and about in the van it has generally been acknowledged by other T4 drivers, T5's around here are all taxis with blacked out windows and 20inch chrome rims. It's a cabbie thing.
Just in case you think I am anti taxi, in London I always give way to black cabs, always found them to be true gentlemen, although there are bound to be those who disagree.

Ooh thats a BIG quote, strange down 'ere in Cheshire, don't get much of a response from other T4 owners, but T2" we give each other. dry 5, Bays etc no probs. Maybe T4,s in our area haven't made previous models and are not awaer of the "courtesies dry

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 9.33 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
Quote (stewnjo)
Ooh thats a BIG quote, strange down 'ere in Cheshire, don't get much of a response from other T4 owners, but T2" we give each other. 5, Bays etc no probs. Maybe T4,s in our area haven't made previous models and are not awaer of the "courtesies
Stew

that could be true, there are a lot of work horses as well but you can tell most of them in the scene

Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 8.28 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
Yeah you can tell the ones in the scene as mosts arses are trailing on the floor B), seems to be all the rage nowadays a bit like our kids jeans so i shouldnt really be amazed should i?

All T4's should be like T3's and T2's whereby the wave to each other but it does seem as if it makes a difference where in teh world you live without a doubt

My tip from Loch lomond to Pitlochry yesterday a matter of some 130 miles round trip, the facts are T4's waving 0 [only one seen and it was parked] T5's waved 2 - 2 seen, [both driving] T3's waved 2 - 2 seen [both driving] so from that it is quite obvious who is teh most sociable although to be fair they have been in the fold a tad longer biggrin

Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 10.31 PM | Message # 14
Major general
Too right.

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 10.59 PM | Message # 15
Webmaster
I VOTE WE STAND TALL, SALUTE VERY T4 OWNER in camper van or truck until they get the message throughout the UK and IRE we comin to get ya, i will make you salute me for sure cool

Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 8.14 AM | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Sounds like an oath heh. Count me in! biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 8.30 AM | Message # 17
Lieutenant general
Worth a try smile

Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 1.08 PM | Message # 18
Webmaster
So thats 2 any more for my oath of allegance to the T4 tongue

Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 6.08 PM | Message # 19
Major general
go on then you'v talked me into it,,,,,,in fact i'll wave me anorak at em. cool

Stan

Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 6.14 PM | Message # 20
Generalissimo
Hehehe, steady on Stan, wouldn't want to lose it in a sudden gust now. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 23/Mar/09, 9.01 PM | Message # 21
Major general
Quote (t4club)
I VOTE WE STAND TALL, SALUTE VERY T4 OWNER in camper van or truck until they get the message throughout the UK and IRE we comin to get ya, i will make you salute me for sure

But not while your driving Dougie He,He. wacko

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Monday, 06/Apr/09, 7.09 PM | Message # 22
Webmaster
Stan
You will fly away if you if you wave yer anorak [i can see this going on a while me and my size 9's] cool

Added (2009-04-06, 7:09 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Ok maybe not then biggrin see i don't know everything do i and there was me thinking this thread would go on in our usual stupid way as well how wrong can i be :'(

Me thinks either i have lost everyone in the thread changes or the sun is keeping everyone out as its gone ellish quiet in here all of a sudden surprised

Who have i upset and why biggrin

Date: Monday, 06/Apr/09, 7.47 PM | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Yikes Dougie. I got stuck on Tower bridge last night so have missed a couple of days, I've come back and into life on Mars I think. Just off to employ a navigator for a bit. You have been very busy haven't you. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Tuesday, 07/Apr/09, 1.44 PM | Message # 24
Webmaster
Chas had to be done mate nothing has changed really just changed some of our forums to threads the way it should of been which duly make sit a bit easier to navigate honest wink .

Date: Saturday, 11/Jul/09, 7.56 AM | Message # 25
Major general
I Always wave at other t4s, most of em wave back plus the odd t5. I let other traffic out at cross roads if It's busy, puts em in a good mood and you can usually see them let someone out further on.
Why can't they just shoot bagpipes humanly Instead of trying to strangle the poor little critters? biggrin

Stan

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Campaign To Get T4 Owners To Wave To Each Other (And stop to help stricken T4 owner setc)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: