Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » BVF - British Volkswagon Festival (20th, 21st, 22nd July @ Malvern Show Ground, Worcestershire)
BVF - British Volkswagon Festival
Date: Thursday, 07/Jun/12, 3.03 PM | Message # 26
Major general
Group: Members
Can't work out this copy and paste put Andy and Caroline on that list please someone who knows what they are doing !! Lol

It's more than just a van!!

Date: Thursday, 07/Jun/12, 3.27 PM | Message # 27
Major general
Booked !!! cool only one prob can I bring my tent as I need somewhere to do dialysis ?

Message edited by ac - Thursday, 07/Jun/12, 3.39 PM

Date: Friday, 08/Jun/12, 3.08 PM | Message # 28
Major general
BVF 2012
Club Camping
1, Rob & Mandy
2, Chas & Aron
2, Adi (Little Vins) & Melissa Hopefully
3, Andy and Caroline

Day Visit
1, Dougie & Yvonne possobly Sat & Sun

should know by last week of this month

\

Date: Friday, 08/Jun/12, 9.17 PM | Message # 29
Major general
Thanks who sorted that!! Nice one also the vans going to look rat lol is that ok?

Message edited by ac - Friday, 08/Jun/12, 9.18 PM

Date: Friday, 08/Jun/12, 9.24 PM | Message # 30
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
its tents r us city mate as that what weve all got

havent received conformation yet have you booked by post ?

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 08/Jun/12, 9.27 PM | Message # 31
Major general
Done it on line through the link on here !! Payed via PayPal !! Best get my engine in then lol

Message edited by ac - Friday, 08/Jun/12, 9.28 PM

Date: Friday, 15/Jun/12, 10.56 PM | Message # 32
Generalissimo
Need to get the hose pipe ban lifted so I can wash the Santa Pod mud off it ready for BVF. Last chance are the Poles down the road....

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 15/Jun/12, 11.35 PM | Message # 33
Generalissimo
Chas my man what planet you on its been lifted as of today or maybee yesterday but its now off officiolly get the jetter out I will this weekend biggrin after my paddle tongue

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 16/Jun/12, 0.04 AM | Message # 34
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Em scotlands had the best sun for months 33 the other weekend and no hosepipe ban smile :) but then no van to clean either just a MINI Dooper S

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 16/Jun/12, 0.21 AM | Message # 35
Generalissimo
We must do Wales as soon as this bloke's cast is off.... I have withdrawal. We'll make a plan at BVF matey.
Dougie... was talking to an irelander today who lived on the west coast and experienced the Gulf stream too. Wet, No snow and warm.
Anyways... looking forward to next month. Will get the van over here next week and give it a polish and stuff. Lots of VW vans heading south on the M40 tonight... there must have been something on for this weekend. Saw an absolute cracker, all airbrushed. Very nice, cant wave when I'm driving a flaming 106.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 16/Jun/12, 0.27 AM | Message # 36
Webmaster
Chas didn't you believe me like ?? Lol it's not even really been wet here this year or from when we have been here truly amazing weather anyway going to try tomorrow to get accom for BVF let you know smile no France this time shame would of been fun in da MINI Dooper but hey a 350 ml drive down would be fun smile get to use my Cruise !!

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 16/Jun/12, 0.36 AM | Message # 37
Generalissimo
All the gadgetry eh. Still coming to terms with a rear wiper that works here. Hope you get the accommodation. If you get stuck we have a couple of alternatives you may consider. I'll PM you.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 16/Jun/12, 3.35 PM | Message # 38
Generalissimo
Azz dont need to have his cast off to go to wales he only ever paddles once & has a bad hangover the next day besides mands can always keep him company or we can chuck him in the front of my inflatable.

Could always hire an open for the weekend biggrin

ok nuff said lets keep this topic on track BVF

Its looking like we could have a goodun this year I have a few people that will hopefully turn up aswell as those on the list so it may get a bit cramped on site but so far weve always had an empty spot ot two around us.

My only concern is what is happening at BVF central, comms is always poor & you never get an answer till about two months to the show but ive had no responce what so ever from any email I have sent, I have even gone to the point of sending the same mail to every address on the site, now AC has booked & I hav not received his booking confirmation this is why I ask for your booking refrences to be saved incase there are any problems at the gate.

I will try again to contact them.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 16/Jun/12, 3.47 PM | Message # 39
Webmaster
Looks like we may be coming after all biggrin thankfully its falt so my chair shouldnt be an issue lets just hope the weather aint to bad all should be good to go Chas be in touch real soon looks likely all going well the offsite option might be best all things considered that way at leat i will sleep want to try to make a few days of it would that be cool (long way to travel for a day?)

@ Rob when you finally do get them could you ask re parking for a blue badge holder wheelchair user as getting out the carpark to the showground might be rather problematic see if there is an alternative maybe to the grass car park or if access could be gained to the pitch possibly ????? let me know what you find out smile

Date: Saturday, 16/Jun/12, 9.26 PM | Message # 40
Generalissimo
will do.......

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 09/Jul/12, 10.09 PM | Message # 41
Generalissimo
11 Days to go..............

Deadling for advance booking is 13th July.................

Be prepared for a wet show I have been looking on the three counties website & they are reporting what we already know that it has been the wettest show season in history but so far they have seen all there shows come through the weather with albiet les visitors.

As they say the show must go on.

below is some visitor info from the BVF website.........

Which entrance do I use?
The entrance to the showground for "pay on the day" camping is through YELLOW Gate on the B4208 just after the crossroads with the B4209 and is well signposted from all directions.

The entrance to the showground for day visitors is via the South Car Park. The entrance for advance camping bookings is via BROWN Gate. All gates are well sign posted as you approach the showground.

Although the main show days are Saturday and Sunday, those visitors who've purchased advance camping tickets may access the showground from midday on Friday. Visitors wishing to camp at BVF and purchasing their tickets on the gate can enter the camping area from 2pm on Friday.

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO ADMITTANCE TO THE SHOWGROUND BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 9 AM.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 10/Jul/12, 10.30 PM | Message # 42
Generalissimo
BVF 2012
Club Camping
1, Rob & Mandy
2, Chas & Aron
2, Andy and Caroline

Day Visit
1, Dougie & Yvonne possobly Sat & Sun

Oh Dear the list just shrank as someones motor went pop but im still activly encouraging them with my spare tent biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 15/Jul/12, 11.16 AM | Message # 43
Generalissimo
I got my tickets biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 15/Jul/12, 11.35 AM | Message # 44
Generalissimo
News
Jul 13, 2012
Keeping the showground beautiful!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the weather playing a major factor at so many shows this year we are taking all the precautions and are setting out a plan to safeguard areas of the site to ensure everyone has a great weekend.
Category: General
Posted by: phil
We would kindly ask everyone attending the show to stick to the tarmac roads when travelling around the showground and not cross the grassed camping areas.
Our Marshall's, who are all volunteers, will be directing traffic so please follow their direction and any signs we have erected.
Thanks!

News
Jul 11, 2012
Is it on? Of course it is!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've been up to the showground and although there are parts of it we can't use there is still plenty of space for us all!
After a site inspection this week, and chatting to the Three Counties Showground staff, BVF is still going ahead. Although certain parts of the showground are unusable there is plenty of space still left including hard standing and hall space should we need it.

We'll be onsite from Monday next week on the build up to the show and will update you if anything changes.

News
Jul 11, 2012
Fun Dog Show anyone?

This year at BVF we'll be staging a "fun" dog show for your entertainment pleasure!
It's going to be a fun VW dog show on Sunday with lots of classes from waggiest tail to dog who looks most like their owner. We're also looking for the best dressed "VW" dog with a trophy for the winner! All entrants will get a doggie prize so get pampering those pooches ready for the big competition. ;-)

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Sunday, 15/Jul/12, 11.36 AM

Date: Thursday, 19/Jul/12, 7.08 AM | Message # 45
Generalissimo
Got mine and printed them off too..... biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 22/Jul/12, 8.51 PM | Message # 46
Generalissimo
home now......... biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 28/Jul/12, 0.15 AM | Message # 47
Generalissimo
Back now too after a busy week at work and installing double glazed doors and plastering too. Glad of some free time, home brew and a rest. Have a wedding to attend tomorrow though...... BVF was fun, hot and oddly cheap this year. I came back with more than half of what I started with. Looking forward to 2013 with more traders. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 28/Jul/12, 9.19 PM | Message # 48
Generalissimo
Back home from BVF but still yet to clear up the mess from the unloaded van the weekend was ace again & yet again we had a different spot on the site up the top.
After the worst nights sleep @ a premier inn where we got no more than 3 hours sleep due to the rock hard bed we met chas & arron @ hopwood services & i pronplty indulged on a mege 6 shot caffine hit which for me was bliss.
We arrived at Malvern showground 10 minutes to 12.00 & were probably 30 in the que pretty good id say & im aiming for the front spot next year. 10 mins later we started to move & @ 12.05 we were on site & found our pitch in 5 minutes, the show had meen changed this year due to the soggy ground but we scouted our spot & found it moe than adequat for the vans so set about making camp.

The total club crew was the usual 4 suspects & 2 vans but compared to the rest we took up more space with our unique habitat which just seems to keep growing. As we were early there was no need to rush & the fun & games started b4 we'd even finished setting up. One blow was whwen we pulled out our bed to find it had gotten rotten & by know i was 1 to many beers to go down the road to find a shop so we settled for the floor for the weekend.

Friday the traders were setting up but having been watching the website it was clear to me the stalls were going to be far less this year despite chas enthusiasm of it being early so we settled for some chilling followed by some nosing then some more chilling you get the idea a very relaxed evening.

Saturday after breakfast we set off exploring & my fears were confirmed a very clear lack of traders infact is wasnt untill midday when we turned the corner & looked down the showground with the amusements to the left & the first aid tent to our right & stared straight down towards the main day visitor entrance that even the visitors were low, what should have been absolute crazyness with stalls n people it wasnt & if i waited i could actually pick out a clear line of sight to the main gate.
An hour later I questioned the organisers & it was apparent that there were 2 other shows on & that the wether had put of the traders booking up pitches, there were a couple of faithfull traders to BVF but a lot of tool merchants competing for sales. We settled back at camp & set about cleaning our motors for the Rundfahrt knowing the wether was going to be better this year & we should have a better turn out.
17.30 Sat we headed for the start
18.00 we all headed of in a controlled maner unlike last years farce & it wa apparent there was a bigger turn out to watch the cruze this year & all went well except fo the road works on route which split us all up, I videoed the whole run but my battery was low & after 8 minutes it gets glitchy. On the final stretch down to the ground it hit home how low the visitor turn out was in the main car park i counted 5 cars & the overspill carpark was still locked & looking like the footbal ground it is.
Later we headed for over cooked fish with very nice chips at an astonishngly reasonable price & watched some live entertainment b4 heading back to the camp where we chilled & arrong got monged out on JD & Ibrupofen (he wont make that mistake again)

Sunday we packed a few bits up & set off againg exploring & browsing the concourse motors b4 finally packing up & having our annual photoshoot followed by the run back to hopwood lunch & then set of in our own directions.

Overall we had a fantstic weekend again & yet again the wether was fab as it always has been for all of our BVF outings & despite the drop outs, lack of traders & low visitors we wouldnt have missed it for anything.

We look forward to next year 2013 & offer an open invite to all who have read this post as its certainly an event worth attending.

until next year...............

Rob. [Secretary]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » BVF - British Volkswagon Festival (20th, 21st, 22nd July @ Malvern Show Ground, Worcestershire)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: