T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » Best Company for Conversion (T5 Conversion)
Best Company for Conversion
Date: Saturday, 30/Oct/10, 9.45 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Hi...
Im brand new...although I know I want a T5 Camper....I was wondering if I could pick your brains regarding th best company for a conversion....
Im only gonna do it once so I want it right
Regards,
Terry

\

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 9.27 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
I got the sportline converted at Jerba conversions in north Berwick.

Simon did a nice job, with quality equipment. Not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. And he was one of the closest to me.

If you want any extra items on top of the conversion, then he would probably add these also as part of the build for insurance purposes.

He recomended safeguard to me and the premium was 250 quid less after the conversion.
I think he is a registered converter with them, hence the good premium,

paddlewaggen,

If everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane!!!

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 12.32 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Hi and welcome bro,

How long is a piece of string, it really depends on what type/cost of conversion you are seeking plenty out there just be carefull as to what they are using to do it with some use plain painted MDF or kitchen units which are both prone to damp and very heavy again depends what you want to spend on it i myself am currently seeking a T5 to have built a second custom full walkthough bus in high top format this time though there are kits available that you could diy it with that are pretty good along with p/t and kitchen cubes so you can easily return your van back to just that a van .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 8.10 PM | Message # 4
Private
I have had two this year both bought as camper conversions

One from the VW factory / coolcampervans of Derby which was a total waste of time and money, workmanship was absolute rubbish and the list of faults to long to go into on here, it broke down within 500 miles fortunately managed to get a full refund.

The other which I paid quite a bit more for from http://www.clearcutconversions.co.uk/ lovely van top quality materials and a very professional job so well worth considering. biggrin

\

Message edited by jack1 - Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 8.11 PM

Date: Monday, 01/Nov/10, 10.02 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I suppose you only get what you pay for in the end i am always warning of rougues in this trade as these conmen work out that T4's are now the T3 of old etc etc so we are going to get more and more ripped off sad but true

Far better to check with communities such as this one [there are others too tongue ] to see if anyone has knowledge of the company you are about to employ to build your house on wheels ask to see recomendations, previous works, any decent operator will do a photo log as they build, and whomever you pick always get them to compile a photo log as its built which one will show any issues as its done and also help to sell when the time comes, far to many of such companies reps are being built out of over the top magazine coverage building a false reputation better to go on personal recomendations from people who have used and are happy with their work word of mouth rarely fails when all is said and done also note if someone is happy with their build they will proudly tell you who did it, possibly display web details on their vans if not they wont really is that simple.............

This is what we set up our good & bad business guide for so as users could post their experiences with different companies, which would help us all to assess said good or indeed bad companies pre using them.....

The cheapest nor dearest is not nessesarily the best nor worst always remember that, copy mechandise on the whole is usually inferior quality, not as durable nor long lasting on the whole but generally serves a purpose

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 27/Apr/16, 10.17 PM | Message # 6
Private
Good info ta Trevor

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » Best Company for Conversion (T5 Conversion)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: