Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Bongo pop top ("Will they fit a T4?")
Bongo pop top
Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 7.11 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Hi all hope you all had a good summer in your vans. biggrin
As we take our 6yr old away with us all the time he has been sleepin in a bunk bed across the front seats.
But we are thinking of putting a pop top on so he has his own space and will give us more room for storage
on over night stops when we dont get to put the awning up.

I now i can get one fitted for about £1400 but as im a have a go hero i was thinking that the pop top off a bongo or similar might fit.

You views are welcome
malc

If it got tyres its going to cost you money

Date: Sunday, 31/Oct/10, 7.14 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
im sure dougie will be along soon to confirm this, im not sure how different the shape is but im pretty sure the bongo is narrower than the t4.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Monday, 01/Nov/10, 8.27 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Anything is possible Malc. Would think the correct top will end up cheaper in the long run though mate. Have seen a few removed ones on ebay going for a song. Complete too. I'd have to sit a Bongo roof on top of a T4 to see if the curvature is similar front to back and side to side before I'd commit to it.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 01/Nov/10, 9.43 AM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
The conclusive answerr is yes it will fit no probs yes it is smaller and yes it is narrower it i have to say looks NAFF with a capital N given it was made to fit a far smaller vehicle a secondhand pop top for a T4 is not a easy beast to either move nor obtain one for a bongo is slightly easier as many Bongo owners seem to be fitting hi-tops now they are finally available for Bongos....

The Bongo roof has to sit back farther and does quite sit on the roof right i shall find a pic and put it up for you in honesty if it was me i wouldnt bother as it will look as if it was plopped there as an after thought and really out of place...... a high top of a swb T4 fitted is only about £500 ish from Ray on here by the time you bought a bongo roof, transported it, fitted it etc etc you wouldnt be far off the cost anyway and the hi toip retains heat far better for a child anyway.......

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Bongo pop top ("Will they fit a T4?")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: