Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » Looking for a T4 [2.5 swb] ("Help me find one")
Looking for a T4 [2.5 swb]
Date: Sunday, 27/Mar/11, 8.40 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
I'm looking for a T4 2.5 swb perferably white as i want to respray it, either 51 plate or abit newer, mileage 160k or less would be perfect. if u can help please pm me, i live in cornwall but am happy 2 travel 2 collect, happy 4 private or trade if anyone knows of any

Thanks justin cool

\

Message edited by Admin - Monday, 28/Mar/11, 1.27 PM

Date: Monday, 28/Mar/11, 10.21 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Hi & welcome, i will keep an eye out for you

Good Luck smile

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Monday, 28/Mar/11, 1.30 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Ditto hello and welcome to our community....

Your seeking a pretty normal beast shouldnt be that difficult i note sensibly willing to travel to get the right one just ensure it has a good service history buddy i will let you know [i'm on my third white one best colour biggrin should keep it so]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 29/Mar/11, 7.29 PM | Message # 4
Private
thank you guys if u do c ne thing please keep me updated ive look every where, its either im looking in the wrong places or im fussy biggrin

\

Date: Wednesday, 30/Mar/11, 9.57 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
probably both, i was fussy & set out specefic specs for mine & almost gave up to join the Transformer mob but one last search pointed me to mine biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Wednesday, 30/Mar/11, 2.05 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Having bought a few now [all white biggrin ] i have also been where you are read my posts at the point of suicide at one point keep the faith was what i was told, and i did, i had no real "agenda" mind when looking other than possibly a lwb h/t both of which both times i never got!!! be open minded the 2.5's are the most desirable but also most expensive when it goes wrong also the most used by heavy milage company users when new? te 1.9td models are often just as good/reliable and easier to obtain we have several members here that own and prefer them Chas being the most noteable...... Most settle for something less than they originally wanted by virtue of teh fact they are unwilling to travel, that not being an issue just keep looking the right van is out there all you can do as we all have had to keep hounding Autotrader, Ebay [but beware laods of scams and scene taxers there-in] Pistonheads, other VW groups, Gumtree, Local press, and such

The biggest problem now is thus T4's have equally cult following to other VW Vans as such are now attracting cult money and far to many scene taxers for my liking, but also a demand far outweight supply hence good ones are few and far between its FACT you can easily buy a 55 plater T5 cheaper and easie rthan you can a late model T4 it is identical to what happened with T3/T4's and will happen with T5/T5.5's in due course one of the sad realities of wanting to be in with the in crowd so to speak ....

Keep the faith my friend be flexible and reassess your WANTS list, deciding on what you want to use it for that may open other doors in terms of what model you could essentially both engine, size and design possibilities opening up other currrently for sale ones what i mean by that is if your going to build a camper and put windows in here then maybe looking at Caravelles might bring you one or what about a LWB its only 14cm longer etc etc

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 07/Apr/11, 9.22 PM | Message # 7
Private
didnt realise that the difference betwen a swb and a lwb is only 14cm. ive seen a few lately i definately want a 2.5 tried both and sorry if i offend ne 1 but i found the 1.9 abit sluggish, ive been 2 a few vw dealers but they all want 2 much money for not alot of van if im honest, with all really high mileage. living in cornwall VWs r like cult cars every 1s got 1 or wants 1 so their really expensive, thats y im happy 2 travel. im sure i will find what i want if i keep looking, thanks for all your help and keep a look out 4 me. cheers cool

\

Date: Friday, 08/Apr/11, 12.40 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Scene tax is what its called they think of a price and add 30% scene tax as they become lesser amounts available so the price will go up for good ones, sadly your in season now so again they will be dearer as everyone wants them for the summer better buying in the winter i saved thousands twice by doing so ... I only wish i had the cash to keep buying them as a doodle to seel last one i made 4k clear profit on biggrin buy sesibly untouched base vans and you will be safe enough the 1.9s so long as in td form can be made to go better for not a lot of money their made issue is they are undergeared get the 5th speed fix and its a different van seriously ive owned all and sold my 2.5tdi in favour of a FAR LESS TROUBLESOME 1.9 unless your a pretty proficient home mechanic and have as Chas says vagcom they are often real nightmares all ecu's, electrics and such like and i know of several that have gone very wrong, but at the end of the day its your choice you make it just make sure you make it wisely, what i always do is keep in my mind that it started life ALWAYS as a working tool most of which will of been driven by drivers who dont care as its not theirs and go from their SERVICE HISTORY IS THE KEY here ensure any you buy have had the timing belt and water pump, tensioners and oil changes done on or before their due dates and you should avoid a lot of grief i know of one thats done 750k on one owner

We will of course let you know of any but they are getting far more scarce tongue

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » Looking for a T4 [2.5 swb] ("Help me find one")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: