T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » Auto Sleepers Trooper wanted
Auto Sleepers Trooper wanted
Date: Monday, 16/Jan/12, 8.10 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Hi we're struggling to find a good Auto Sleepers Trooper up to 10k. If you know of one for sale or are selling one, please get in touch.
Thanks,
Richard and Penny

Date: Monday, 16/Jan/12, 1.28 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
You will do buddy i got sub 10k for my +100k 1995 model they are worth every penny retain their value well and are popular wellbuilt and expensive to boot.

What sort of model, age and mileage were you seeking?

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 16/Jan/12, 7.03 PM | Message # 3
Private
Thanks Mr Admin

to keep the wife happy it has to be very good condition and well looked after, preferably sub 100K. In the past 2 weeks we've missed a peach with 52K for £9 grand and a 80K model for 10 grand. Both near mint.

They're out there... just waiting for the right one!

Many thanks for your reply

Best

Richard

Date: Tuesday, 17/Jan/12, 10.59 AM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Your also in peak buying season really from now it can only get harder to get one into summer again, best time to buy without a doubt in motorhome & caravan terms id late Oct - Jan where people do not want them lying about ( i sold mine late Oct after having it for sale on and off all season i always knew the first person i could get out would buy it and they did without issue! but mine was a Trophy a relatively unknown model a 95 model with 108k plus it was a 2.0l petrol all of which wasnt helping it however it was truly immaculate take a look its advert is still in our for sale section and you will see what i mean)

Good luck i think as this ressesion continues though it will get harder and harder to buy good vans (of any type) as they are getting snapped up b those who would of normally gone abroad, watch and see how many come up for sale when and if it ever ends, same with good custom T5's a lot of which are currently being driven by those that are self employed and would otherwise of had a fancy car & a boring van who now have a custom kombi type T5 ( or equivalent Caddy Max that does it all) simple economy terms it makes sense thus motorhomes are in short supply due to caravan owners selling up the BIG jeep and caravan possibly a car also and opting for one mot, one tax and onebmaintenance & insurance bill....

Hope that makes more sense out of it all, just simple logistics and families finding it ever harder to keep going i researched this extensively last year back and it certainly hasnt gotten better.

btw Dougie's the name no formalities here better known as "dogsbody" if anything.

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 18/Jan/12, 9.08 AM | Message # 5
Private
Dougie

inclined to agree. Its not easy out there!

I've had vans before and sold my last one two years ago for 3 grand more than I paid for it (quite a shock!).

Have my eye on a Bilbos Celeste but its only a 1.9 diesel with over 100K on the clock. Do you know of anything you can do to boost the power output? ideally I'd like a 2.4 (Can one be dropped in?)

Many thanks for your replies, really appreciated.

Richard

Date: Wednesday, 18/Jan/12, 12.32 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
A straight 1.9 is a bit ashmatic and underpowered and CANT be upgraded a 1.9td however can a 2.4 is equally as undesirable as a straight 1.9 sadly and far more agricultural, if your mechanically inclined a 2.5tdi is the most prefferable but full of electrics (so far more potentially to go wrong, and also dearer to tax, insure and maintain) have a look at buyers guides section lots of good info there)

I had my second T4 custom built for me have a look in for sale section for "Ice Queen" that conversion cost us with brand new pop top and everything else new about 6.5k and sold for about twice that (for some strange reason poptops are very desirable, cold draughty things if you ask me)... It was a 1.9td which i thought was a bit underpowered needed the 5th gear mod but i never got around to doing it! but it would of made a big difference honestly dont discount the 2.0l petrols they are just like driving a big Audi estate car (i know ive had an Avant aswell) returning in hitop lwb full packed about 30mpg and easily enough power easy to stay in 5th most of the time........ and cheaper to buy to begin with...

Date: Wednesday, 18/Jan/12, 12.35 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Btw - dont know anything about Bilbo's but they are one of few that are to us unapproachable they simply dont want involved in our community? so wouldnt praise their products as we know nothing about them...

Danbury are the next oldest, longest running company in this field (who were our sponsors for two years, good but again expensive machines very similar in quality to AS models and worth a look)

Date: Sunday, 12/Feb/12, 5.23 PM | Message # 8
Private
You got pm . got a lovely auto sleeper for sale . 54k mint.

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » Auto Sleepers Trooper wanted
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: