T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » Tinted headlights (help)
Tinted headlights
Date: Friday, 02/Dec/11, 6.24 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Found these on Ebay Item number: 250936245264 they look great but I'm worried they might make the headlights to dull. Has anyone used this product or does anyone have any expertise in this area. Cheers biggrin

A stranger is a friend you just havent met yet

Date: Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 4.08 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Welcome Bluesy. You could always fit the modified loom to make them brighter. Available from Tidy T's as the original headlights are not that bright to start with mate.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 11.47 AM

Date: Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 12.43 PM | Message # 3
Private
Cheers I'll pop online and have a look. Cant believe how good this site is its helped me so much biggrin

Date: Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 3.14 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
We aim to please mate cool
By the way welcome from me also ..
Anything you need to know simply start a thread in the relevant section we are a useful group of pretty knowledgeable owners generally answering from personal experience which we have found the best way

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 6.56 PM | Message # 5
Private
I'll have loads of questions but the threads already on here have really helped. My Van is coming along nicely still loads to do but trying to do most of it myself. Next project is my door cards. I've seen some on Ebay with speakers already cut in. Then I think its a body kit and lights. Hopefully it'll be finished by the summer and I can take it down to Cornwall. I've always fancied myself as a beach bum biggrin

Date: Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 9.34 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Hehehe... don't we all. Good luck with the mods and let us know how things are progressing as you get chance. smile

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 10.29 PM | Message # 7
Major general
i think they are a bit dark to be honest and as they are trying to ban the spray version i would air on the side of caution with the darker ones.

also there is no mention of them being rd legal i would pm and ask

there not expensive but would be if it turned out you couldnt use them best bet would be to ask an MOT place how deep a tint you can do before you buy no point spending on mods if there are useless

ive not cut my door cards as i was going to i decided to make a piece to go under the center of the dash between the seats and mounted a speaker each side will get a pic when i remember
Attachments: 7493687.jpg (85.2 Kb)

\

Message edited by LT - Saturday, 03/Dec/11, 10.40 PM

Date: Sunday, 04/Dec/11, 11.39 AM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
they are for off road use only

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 04/Dec/11, 12.38 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Having now had a look I would agree show or offroad use will be what they say....

Although that said I'm not so sure anyone plod included can stop daytime use of such mods as you do not my law required to have lights to drive in daylight up and until the street lighting is on I do believe although the downside is if it's fitted to be mot compliant it MUST OPERATE AS INTENDED.

To grey an area cool but I personally would stay well clear chap Mr Plod is only to willing and able to throw the proverbial book at us for nothing so in my book best not to tempt fate? As they will only find or creatively source something else it they cant get you for the original thing they stopped you for .......

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 04/Dec/11, 6.54 PM | Message # 10
Private
Thanks for the advice. There's a tinted glass warehouse near me so I'm going to pop in there as they know the limit on all tints. I'll let everyone know the out come. Meanwhile I managed to get a passenger side door pocket for £30.00 so speakers will be in by next week. I'll put up some pics soon so you can all see how I'm getting on. Cheers all biggrin

Date: Sunday, 04/Dec/11, 6.58 PM | Message # 11
Private
Also I saw a thread on here about the front floor mats being grey and having trouble getting it clean. Back to Black just makes it slippery and washing doesnt do the job. Had the same problem with mine and ended up using AutoGlym black dye spray. They've come up like new. I'll look around see if I can find the thread again but if you guys ever have the same problem try this stuff out its really impressive biggrin

Date: Sunday, 04/Dec/11, 7.44 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
unfortunatly the uk tint law only goes to cover window glass i think youll find as the uk law on headlights requires that the front facing lights be white the rears be red.

although you would get away with ahving them on during the daylight hours you would have to remove them at night just like a biker with tinted viser would need a clear visor for the night.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Monday, 05/Dec/11, 5.46 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
Isn't that what I said biggrin ?

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » Tinted headlights (help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: