Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

If Money Was No Object What Would You Own?
Total of answers: 103

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Good/Bad Business Guide » Good! Roadshak Campers in Kent. (Converters for T4's)
Good! Roadshak Campers in Kent.
Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 3.48 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Just had a Reimo roof and bed fitted by Paul Brook at Roadshak Campers. He has a small workshop and is based in Hythe, Kent. Can't give him enough praise for doing a fantastic job, keeping me updated and doing it on time, for the price stated and for once, I got the van back clean.
It is getting harder to find people who will do quality work on our vans, despite what they tell you in the advertising blurb but I would recommend this guy all day long.

http://www.roadshakcampers.co.uk/

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 4.34 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Good good so what did it end up costing and wheres the pics biggrin

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 6.02 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
It was a nibble under three thousand and I will post pics later mate. biggrin
Seen some other bits I want so more clocks for sale I guess.

Attachments: 3726868.jpg (58.1 Kb) · 7804450.jpg (58.2 Kb)

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Friday, 02/Mar/12, 9.32 PM

Date: Friday, 02/Mar/12, 8.36 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
And a couple more

Attachments: 5616235.jpg (57.7 Kb) · 7095975.jpg (43.7 Kb)

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 03/Mar/12, 9.45 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Nice looks familiar smile (pst you need to carpet out all that white metal though looks so much better like mine was its after all the only bit that was imho opinion on mine done right ;( wasnt far wrong i reckoned 3.5k dashed expensive tent bro smile looking good though

One point see the rubber trim on the front lip? ours came around the side taking the apex of the corner (remember Stan, Von and I resticking it down at Griezdale? it looks like yours has been trimmed back not sure that in that condition it would hold back all driving rain when driving obviously time will tell but if i were you i would keep a close eye on the canvas in both corners as water will drive up and in their maybe treat the canvas in both corners to a liberall coating of spray on fabric waterproofing (get it in any camping/golf shop) Fabisil i think its called as if it keeps getting wet which i think it might you could end up with problems (look at a Remio fitted roof) i may be wrong but would rather you check this out BEFORE ANY LASTING damage is done ??? stands to reason the front as it drives into the wind and rain in use MUST be sealed completely along the front to stop ingress and that doesnt seem to be, its a pain in the but sure thats how my windscreen got cracked sticking it back down and has possibly been trimmed back for this reason PLEASE CHECK REMIO SITE IMAGES AGAINST YOUR OWN if for no other reason than to prove me wrong ......

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 04/Mar/12, 2.30 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
We had a trip to Coventry in heavy rain today and it seemed to be ok. need to do a weekend away , maybe wales next weekend will tell.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 07/Mar/12, 2.09 AM | Message # 7
Webmaster
im sure if its going to be an issue it would only be in frontwards on driving rain possibly driving down a motorway into a rainstorm or similar? just thought i would point it out as when ours kept coming off i was told i couldnt trim it back to be like yours which was what i had wanted to that being the reason it was to direct the rain off down the sides which sounds logical i suppose smile only trying to share my knowledge as you know i researched this quite extensively at the time ..... Let me know how you get on (Im sure a house or jet washer would do a good job to test it? smile the most strain on the tent part is around where its mounted to the frame/roof so you dont want to weaken it in anyway good idea if soaking wet when packed back down if you can get it back up for 10 mins when it dries to wipe it down we know its supposed to be rot proof etc etc but no harm in giving it a helping hand apart from that keeps it clean (shame i dont still have Ice Queen as very similar

Date: Wednesday, 07/Mar/12, 2.14 AM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Btw we have decided defo an Audi A1 or A3 (just waiting to see the A3 for real in the flesh if you like) before final desision is made either a TDi S Line whichever we plump for ....... (i was thumbing through an Audi mag sent by our Audi dealers the other day with brochures on the cars and in it is a Van T4 sized but with Audi front on it which if built to the standards of an Audi would bevsome tool doubt they will ever build it but a thought? smile all the same Audi camper/surf and custom vans emmm

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Good/Bad Business Guide » Good! Roadshak Campers in Kent. (Converters for T4's)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: