T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Community » Readers Rides » Showing off my first ever brand spanking new........ T5.5 (VW Transporter from new.. I would like to share my pride lol)
Showing off my first ever brand spanking new........ T5.5
Date: Friday, 23/Sep/11, 8.48 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
It rained last Saturday. Alot.

First minutes of driving my new van.... windscreen wipers work. Lights work. Steers good on wet roads. Brakes well in the rain. No radio interference from wipers. Rain spots look so good on waxed paintwork. Vents keep screen clear on wet days. Does wet clothing ruin the new seats... no. Do wet shoes slip on the rubber footwell when driving... no.

7 days later.

It feels so cool to drive a new vehicle. My snobby customers seem somehow more welcoming. Manage to get a few pics of a dry new van. Most comfortable seating position makes my knee bang the key fob. Love the mirror folding function. Night driving feels posh with that (Audi like) white and red lighting in the cab. Cup holder manages to hold 1.5 litre water bottle and a macdonalds massive milk shake. The dash mounted gearlever seems so natural. The driving position feels more like a car postiton (level with dash rather than high above steering wheel). Its such a relaxed drive. Not as big a load area as most other similar vans. Why does the 12V socket in cab remain live when ignition off - dont VW realise we all plug our satnavs in them? When you have lumbar support it makes it so much easier to get good driving position. A van with digital info on dash.... so nice to have - I hate driving vehicles with no temp gauge. RCD 310 has excellent sound, love radio text feature. This van is so stable when being driven on any road. Excellent digital info but why does vehicle mileage disappear when driving - replaced by speed in kph??

136 miles and counting

Love the Transporter.

Andy biggrin
Attachments: 9381920.jpg (437.8 Kb) · 9648770.jpg (369.5 Kb)

Message edited by Admin - Saturday, 24/Sep/11, 10.32 AM

Date: Saturday, 24/Sep/11, 10.16 AM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Really smart my friedn i do love the T5.5? simple it harks back to our beloved T4 in design/style and elegance far sweeter than a scabby T5 biggrin imho [for what thats worth] but sheer sweetness no doubt it will be getting some extras please please dont ruin it dont slam it to teh floor keep it as close to standard ride height as poss it will drive so so much nicer ...

Unusual colour too liking it all ready hapy motoring cool

Ps read your manaula you will be able to get your read out to read whatever info you wish it to i know our Astra can either/or mileage/mpg/fuel used etc etc and i am sure VW's will be the same, the cig lighter will be live all the time because ? so you can use stuff outside evehicle without ignition on ? i suppose damn handy if blowing up a tyre or got a flashing beacon you no an ornage strobe on so it doesnt run battery down type thing there really is method in their madness..... simply pull plug from stanav but i personally wouldnt be leaving it [and never do btw] in van when not there anyway !!! cry asking for it to be broken into by some little scroat surely

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 24/Sep/11, 10.20 PM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Members
Ruin the van?? Pump the springs, some nice pink LEDS along rear axil, wing shaped wheel arches, Diamonte Silver and black alloys, and a nice tiger skin car pet. Love it. cool

Nah. Getting too old for a glitter drive straight from the pages of Custom Van Mag.

Thx for manual advice - runs to 456 pages. Thats 432 pages about the accessories I dont have on the van, and 24 pages about the things I have got fitted.... wacko But I re-read it and found that by pressing button 'oo' three times, and button '0set' once, I can sort the display out.

Oh. And the sat nav is safe - its the £2K worth of tools in the back that the thieves like. Lost a £400 multidrill, and £150 worth of grinder from the back of the Transit whilst loading it after a job in July. cry Thats another thing I like about the Transporter - v difficult to break into - and I spent money having slam locks installed. biggrin

Date: Sunday, 25/Sep/11, 3.13 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Another thought on your fag lighter they arent usually fag lighters per say i know our Astra didnt come with said lighter so one then has to assume its an "Accessory socket" hence it will be live always for coolboxes and teh likes ... cool

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 25/Sep/11, 6.40 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Good one Andy. Sounds like you are smitten! biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 25/Sep/11, 8.46 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
very nice indeed.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Community » Readers Rides » Showing off my first ever brand spanking new........ T5.5 (VW Transporter from new.. I would like to share my pride lol)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: