T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » Fuel (The lowering and rising costs of fuel these days)
Fuel
Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 3.02 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
As fuel can't seem, to keep at any one given cost per litre for any more than a couple of days, and looks to be heading towards the feared £7.50 a gallon sometime in the not to distant future, as was always feared during the last round of fuel crisis, what if anything have or will you do in order to combat this as possibly the future largest expense any household will have to bear.

Added (2009-04-08, 9:14 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
£1.03 for a litre of diesel today locally thats up 4p in a week , looks like the rises are possibly on way sooner than we maybe thought ? surprised

Added (2009-04-09, 3:02 Pm)
Looks like £1.03 for sure everyone of the fuel stations we passed today was at £1.03

What is it currently where you stay up, down the same ?

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 7.14 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Members
Gone up again £1-02.9/litre. But isn't this a tax hike by the beloved Government???
Seem to remember that they were going to increase to duty on fuel.
Pity they couldn't forget it during the present economic problems.

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Thursday, 09/Apr/09, 7.24 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
God knows the end result is still the same though it costs us more at the pump so whatever the resons i care not a jot i only am concerned it will slowly creep back up to £1.39 a litre surprised

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 8.40 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
It will come without a doubt. In Surrey at the moment and it's 99p so off to fill up the Caddy for my return trip to Brum in a couple of hours.

Attachments: 3659620.gif (16.8 Kb)

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 10/Apr/09, 5.21 PM | Message # 5
Major general
biggrin biggrin Just paid 92.9/litre at ASDA biggrin biggrin Slapa my "R"s!!!!!

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Monday, 04/May/09, 7.07 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
My god Stew goin to get me a tank full pls biggrin

Added (2009-05-04, 7:07 Pm)
A subject close to my heart as many will know about my hot fueds elsewhere on this very subject round two is starting prices are about to rocket once more

DO NOT WAIT ABOUT DOING NOWT ACT NOW LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD

If you fill your van up this week, you will pay around 96p per litre of unleaded and 103p for every litre of diesel.
But did you know that 54p of that is fuel duty? Plus VAT on top!

We need your help to put a stop to this huge tax on your motoring!

How much are you paying in fuel duty? The average motorist in the UK is spending nine hundred and ninety five pounds on fuel each year and a thumping five hundred and thirty eight pounds of that is fuel duty. And it is going to get worse... In September, the Government are going to put fuel duty up to 56p. Then there is VAT on top, which is going back up to 17.5% in December. Even worse, the Government plan to put fuel duty up every year from now on! If we don't act, your fuel big will soon be enormous.

Van Expert Poll

Date: Friday, 08/May/09, 10.07 PM | Message # 7
Major general
biggrin biggrin Filled up at ASDA in the Potteries area today in readiness for our French trip........... 99.9p/ltr. Thanks very much ASDA ....... slappa my Ar*se !!! wacko wacko

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Friday, 08/May/09, 10.53 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Still 99p here in Brum too. Filled up today. been this price now for ages. You off to france again??? Lucky so and so biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 09/May/09, 9.54 AM | Message # 9
Major general
biggrin biggrin "Off to France again!!!!" ... yes but only for 17 weeks!!!!! Go on Tues next week, back 8th Sept then Windermere to see my son swim. biggrin biggrin

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Saturday, 09/May/09, 3.50 PM | Message # 10
Major
dsl here is £102.9

von x

new to this be nice to me please x

Date: Saturday, 09/May/09, 4.26 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Don't i know it yesterday got it for £101.9 in your native Clydebank at Dalmiuir service Station u ain't looking hard enough Von and on the Lochside or balloch etc it's around 103 ish surprised so defo back up now in Scotland surprised
i'm moving south tongue

Date: Saturday, 16/May/09, 5.27 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant general
i neve take notice i just fill up, but had a look today £100.9 a ltr

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Sunday, 17/May/09, 9.12 AM | Message # 13
Major
i was 104.9 dsl last night

von x

new to this be nice to me please x

Date: Tuesday, 19/May/09, 11.48 AM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Yip its creeping back up again guys makes sense to fill up wiv 99p deisel when you can although if i filled mine right up it would probably last me in the region of 5 weeks or so at current mileages i do wink as i use only about £10 a week if that wink

Date: Tuesday, 15/Sep/09, 9.44 PM | Message # 15
Major general
wink Just thought I'd throw this one in ............. diesel prices in France while we were there over the past 4 months varied from 0.96€ to 0.99€ per litre. ( about 85 to 88p per litre) We averaged 40.23 mpg over the 4 months. Now I think that's pretty dam good. Oh yes, and the French don't pay any road tax it's included in the fuel price!!! Think we could learn something from that ???

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 1.32 PM | Message # 16
Webmaster
Where's me hat i off to live in France me thinks biggrin cool This country has always been dearer than most simply down to our tax system, that is all that causes our fuel to be so highly priced, the only real way to do owt about it would be to en-masse boycot the fuel stations and walk for say a month, if even half the driving population did that it would bring sucessive governments down to earth, resulting in instant fuel price declines all seems to think it is fine to tax, tax and tax us again, now in a recession how many of us will be able to run their vehicles anyway, if this goes on much longer, so they will be losing the revenue anyway one way or another.

Currently where we are it is about 109 a ltr for deisel and 106 for petrol which is around 10p a ltr dearer than this time last month, which is 50p a gallon which is £5.00 on an average tank full, worked out like that it amounts to quite some considerable sum, when in our case we live at closest a 20 mile round trip from any major supermarket store, so either we pay silly dear food costs locally or we shop where it costs us for 20 mile sof fuel each time we need to go out.

It's all been done to death many times over don't really beleive there is any easy answer, mine is simple i will do what i did last time, and the time before, and indeed the time before that i will simply plan my routes better, go round in a circle each time i go out, not go out unessesarily etc and in all save about 1/3 of my fuel costs overall which is what it equated to last time a big difference i don't tend to be so hard right footed nowadays anyway, which is the biggest help.

Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 5.03 PM | Message # 17
Major general
wacko wacko Nothing to do with fuel but a similar sort of situation. while we were in France the dairy farmers had a dispute on with the supermarkets about the price they were being paid for milk. So the farmers blockaded various supermarkets with hay bales, old tyres, slurry trailers, they even set fire to the tyres and also sprayed the front of the supermarkets with the slurry. The police sat & watched and had a smoke, chatted with the farmers & generally had a "good" time watching what was going on. The farmers set up stalls selling milk to the public at a far cheaper price than the supermarkets & the price was more than they were getting from the supermarkets!!! Think our farmers have a lot to learn !!!

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Wednesday, 16/Sep/09, 5.53 PM | Message # 18
Webmaster
I think we all have a lot to learn more like.

This countries inhabitants are to scared to protest, incase they get banged up, for protesting against something that is clealry unjust, unfair and not right.

I have very clear views on this and similar topics but refuse to share them as some of you who know me well know where it led previously on a thread very similar in a lot of ways to this one where i ran a poll as to who was willing to physically protest against the fuel price hikes the two times ago now i had 60% of that POLL with me and not one person did a damn thing to protect me or my beliefs, [which they agreed with remember] whilst i got all sorts thrown at me and finally excluded from said forum, if that is a snapshot of what the UK's concensus of opinion is then i will quitely protest in my own way thanks very much..

The UK is governed by fat cat, big wigs, sole voices will never make any difference only en-masse will they listen when it hurts the govs tax coffers ie their retirement and wages funds then they might react positively not until then..

I am not saying do anything illegal in fact far from it but what i am saying is hit em where it hurts stop buying their damn expensive fuels walk, take a bus, train whatever anything to save buying fuels that are clearly far to expensive anyway only then when they are not selling it in mass quantities making silly amounts of profit will any of them listen.

There is absolutely no justification in one country have deisel at half what another does absolutely none and the sooner our citizens realise this the better this country will be for us all, and for what to fight a b****y war none of us wer consulted about yet are being forced to pay for if thats a democracy i would happily do without it, seriously if it wer enot for my kids my missus and i would be on the road full-time and enjoying life with no worries i would urge anyone who can to get up an do.

Stew you have the right idea, god do we envy you one day we dream of doing something very similar excluding the house in France of course.

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » Fuel (The lowering and rising costs of fuel these days)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: