T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » T4 2.5TDI Fuel Economy (Q & A)
T4 2.5TDI Fuel Economy
Date: Sunday, 20/Mar/11, 4.21 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
How Much mpg etc, etc

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 20/Mar/11, 4.21 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Members
ok here`s 1 for ya i drove about 540miles to stafford 4x4 show an back on tank o fuel

averaged 85 (on my private motorway of course) what was i gettin to the gallon

stretched it to 99.9999999999 in couple o bits lol wink (on my private road of course)

it`s the 2.5 euro engine with no intercooler

good or bad on fuel????????????????????????????????

\

Date: Sunday, 20/Mar/11, 4.21 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo

45mpg there is yer answere i know cos thats my figure on a long run on a private motorway.

now for the finger wag bit dont you should have started a new post it will be moved later

Attachments: 3142689.gif (1.5 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 20/Mar/11, 4.22 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
To tickings off in one day tut tut one for excessive private m/way speeds and one for not starting a new thread not doing to well today are we biggrin cool

In answer to your question though around 45mpg is common [supposedly] from a 2.5tdi although i have to say i never managed over 40mpg in mine i do think that a lot of these figures are not quite correct having had all 3 a 1.9td a 2.5tdi and now a 2.0l petrol i found the 2.5tdi the most economical but not that good i reckon to get 45mpg you would need to be driving at no more than 56pmh and for extenbed periods as soon as you boot a 2.5tdi your mpg drops as with any vehicle but more so as its working harder to maintain that speed using its turbo far more thus obviously using more fuel over an extended period 45 mpg is this mythical level VW stated AS NEW however anyone with any mechanical knowledge will know that doesnt last long i maintain if your getting 40mpg your doing exceptionally well and at speeds like that over longish periods i would opt for 35mpg as being far closer to the truth, making my almost 30mpg in my 2.0l at 50-60pmh seem not to bad ........ in all 3 my trip to teh lakes and abck as a measure none seemed to use anymore fuel than the other strangely ..... [although i would reckon my current one being a petrol and a lot bigger thus heavier would be the lowest mpg and it was but in comparison its not really that bad]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 20/Mar/11, 4.22 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
tickin off accepted biggrin biggrin

move it at youre leisure

cheers

\

Date: Sunday, 20/Mar/11, 4.22 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Group: Admin
cool biggrin

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 22/Mar/11, 9.02 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
I seem to average 40 from both 1.9 and 2.5, mostly on motorways at around 70-80.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 11.58 AM | Message # 8
Private
Hi you can get 15% better MPG with a remap

\

Message edited by t45tuner - Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 7.24 PM

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » T4 2.5TDI Fuel Economy (Q & A)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: