Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » Is Anyone running Veg OIL? ("if so tell all")
Is Anyone running Veg OIL?
Date: Tuesday, 08/Mar/11, 2.19 PM | Message # 26
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Wonder how crazy i am with a petrol now ?? biggrin

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 18/Mar/11, 5.43 PM | Message # 27
Major general
Group: Members
I'm thinking about running mine on Veg. Was looking in aldi and it's only £1.20 a litre compared to the garage next door which is nearly £1.40 a litre of diesel.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Saturday, 19/Mar/11, 12.57 PM | Message # 28
Webmaster
If you check out your local cash & carries or similar you can get it far cheaper than that as well [or if like me you have friends who own curry houses ? biggrin get them to order a few extra 5 gallon drums with their orders having aid that almost ALL indian so called cash & carry warehouses let anyone buy wink wink etc ]
It can and will make a BIG difference to your running cost buddy .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 19/Mar/11, 2.01 PM | Message # 29
Major general
Not a lot of cash and carries around here Doug. Except for makro and Costco.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Saturday, 19/Mar/11, 4.05 PM | Message # 30
Webmaster
theres your answer buddy Makro at one time sold the cheapest oil in the UK and are i would reckon still pretty cheap in comparion but if you bought enough for a 3/4 tank full it would be worth travelling to get it surely ...
everyone knows someone with a Macro card dont they ?

Date: Saturday, 19/Mar/11, 4.07 PM | Message # 31
Webmaster
I still reckon at least at present my 30mpg is all be it low but wth the price difference per tank/litre its getting closer to similar figures and with all the issues in the world fuel can only go upwards before it goes down where the desiel guys might win as they have choices i dont .....

Date: Wednesday, 30/Mar/11, 9.27 PM | Message # 32
Private
Been on to VW today,they informed me I couldn`t run my t32 1900 tdi 102 57reg on bio-fuel and the reason behind this is the oil damages the injectors!!! famous quote "I know nothing"

Message edited by yt5 - Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 8.28 PM

Date: Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 4.53 AM | Message # 33
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
the VW PD engine ive done a bit of reading on these & bio & im afraid the responce you got was vw's official responce for the pd engine however if you read the info available there are reports that the pd engine runs just as good on bio so this leaves a dilema as to weather you choose to or not.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 11.35 AM | Message # 34
Webmaster
Yip i would echo what Rob says when i reseached the whole bio, veg oil and deisel notion for the T4's i found conflicting info, many say/said it cant be done yet i know of many currently driving them today our very old Stan at an 80% mix ALL year with a 1.9td that he has done for quite some time now with no ill effects

The T5 PD was quoted as being not suitable by VW admitted i have seen this before yet again i have heard of owners running on bio ? so you takes your choice some of VW statements could i only say could do not quote me be bourne out of pressure from governments and oil companies not to allow their engines to work on the far cheaper fuel alternative or am i just to sceptical maybe .. surprised biggrin ...

Date: Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 7.09 PM | Message # 35
Generalissimo
If anyone does decide to make the switch to full or part mix then it would great if they could start a thread logging how much they are using & how it is effecting the vehicle if any.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 8.59 PM | Message # 36
Private
Mmmmm done quite alot of research myself (Thanks to this site) just wanted to see what vw would say.After all the first diesel-engine did run on peanut oil.Still got plenty of time to think about it.
WHOOPS forgot to say thanks

Message edited by yt5 - Thursday, 31/Mar/11, 9.01 PM

Date: Friday, 09/Mar/12, 7.46 PM | Message # 37
Private
Sorry to revive an old thread but I am looking at getting a T4 or T5 and this veg oil issue is a big one for me. I am moving to a small farm where I will have the space to make my own biodiesel if necessary, and considering i need a Long Wheel Base minibus, I can't ignore the fuel savings offered by veg oil. NOt sure if its still possible to buy cheap as mentioned above at Makro and cash and carries, but would be interested to hear comments from anyone in the know.
With all this in mind, do people agree that I should stop looking at the 2.5TDI and go for the older 2.4D ?

Date: Saturday, 24/Mar/12, 3.41 PM | Message # 38
Webmaster
@ joeysnow
Sorry buddy just noticed your post not sure what the current price of veg oil is but whatever it is it has to be far cheaper than pump prices anyway and yip a 2.4/1.9td will fair better simplier less fuss engines and far cheaper to buy to begin with let alone easier and cheaper to repair/maintain prefering cheaper fuel sources far better anything else be sure to ask ...

Date: Sunday, 15/Apr/12, 6.05 PM | Message # 39
Private
Can you run the 2.5 6speed auto 130 T5 (2007) on SVO?
wink

Date: Sunday, 15/Apr/12, 9.09 PM | Message # 40
Generalissimo
thats a PD engine see the posts above
Im afraid i cant help you out any more.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 15/Apr/12, 11.18 PM | Message # 41
Private
Admin thanks very much. Totally agree and no searching high and low for a 2.4 Diesel LWB Minibus T4. If you have any hints on where I should look please let me know.
Out of interest what does PD stand for?
thanks again

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » Is Anyone running Veg OIL? ("if so tell all")
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: