T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Extras » Security » Locked out of my van (needs help)
Locked out of my van
Date: Friday, 09/Jul/10, 10.01 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
How can I get into my locked T5. This morning I used my key fob to unlock my van, I put the keys on the drivers seat and closed the door which then locked I am now left locked out of my van.

How can I get into my van with out having to smash a window?

Also why did the van lock its salf like this?

Answers on a post card to Blue Peter T5 van appel. Btw this could be some thing all you other VW van users should beaware of.

Date: Friday, 09/Jul/10, 11.31 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Hi Bobby welcome to the club/forum

Ive not heard of this one as they are'nt supposed to lock themselves (is the van haunted)

Im assuming youve tried the obvoius & tried all the doors, Do you have any spare keys or the master key itself (key with no remote) to unlock it.
Or any key cover insurance to ket the vehicle open which will also cover new locks aswell.

other than calling VW themselves I cant suggest anything else im afraid.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 09/Jul/10, 12.49 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I would suggest that the only way is other than checking ALL doors incase, is to smash a window as they are after all manufactured to stop people breaking in at the end of the day, and is the very reason why i wouldnt have any electrics of this sort in my van to start with, i know that doesn't help you but all the same it is fact......i would of thought or maybe its just me but 2 keys would be a must even if only a door key ???

I once owned an Audi which had a tendancy to if you turned the key to far in the lock to open all windows after about 10 sec just enough time for you to have walked away from it leaving it open to the world [nearly lost our very first and very expensive DVD player the firat time it did it] still never found out why..

Keycare and window insurance is a great invention and cheap by comparison for newer electric filled vehicles i feel now after having read this post..

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 09/Jul/10, 3.55 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
my renault megane does this after 20 secs, it assumes keys are in your pocket, button so tempremental and set off even in pocket. have also heard of hot weather setting off central locking. always have a second key cut because of this. sorry cant help you get in though.

Dont forget otherwise you wont remember

Date: Sunday, 11/Jul/10, 10.31 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Hi bobby and welcome from me too. The missus had this problem on her Lupo and called out the breakdown people. They managed to get the bonnet open and did something within the fusebox that operated the central locking. Would have thought a call to vw would help. There may be a way in. Hopefully you will be sorted by now though.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 17/Jul/10, 8.54 AM | Message # 6
Private
Thanks for the replies.

I solved the problem by joining the RAC the nice man came up and used a VW key rake and after about 30 seconds the door was open. Cost of joining the RAC £89.00 which is alot cheaper than using the VW way of doing things which involves having a new chipped key made at great cost and cheaper than smashing a window.

My van is suposed to relock its self after the door is unlocked but unopend after 30 seconds. On this ocation I had opend the door wacko

In my case I unlocked the drivers door then opened it and placed my keys on the drivers seat, then moved my wifes car so I could back my van out. Well that was the plan alass the doors relocked them selves whilst I was moving the wifes car.

The cheaper solution to this problem is this have a key made, this key will not start the van as it will not be chiped but it will open the dorrs.

many thanks for the replies. : )

Date: Saturday, 17/Jul/10, 9.11 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Glad you are sorted mate. Thought these could recognise the key was in the vehicle and keep it open. My car would only lock when I went in the house. If I stayed in the garden it would remain open. Technology we don't really need. wacko

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 17/Jul/10, 12.08 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
My van has the same funtion re-locks after 5 seconds if unopened, thing is the cable for the interior light is diconnected from the tailgate so if i ulcok & open the tailgate 5 seconds later there is a buzz & a whir & all the doors lock.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Extras » Security » Locked out of my van (needs help)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: