T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Extras » Security » Security (What how and why ??)
Security
Date: Friday, 23/Oct/09, 1.13 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
This new thread is going to look at security guys, how we supply sufficient security, what we do to ensure it, and ideas to further make our buses safe, from theft, vandalism , and theft from etc your help on this one i am sure will put a lot of owners at ease.

My own bus has simply macguard wheel locks, and the factory immobiliser fitted no special security alarms although in certain circumstances i use a £9.99 scanner/shed alarm that does the trick nicely 110db alarm if any of my doors, windows are done, thats all that is required in my eyes.I do not reckon that an alarm that constantly goes off for no reason is much good anyway, a thief will still get your bus so why bother!!
Surely common sense and care to detail are better..
I do not leave anything in sight, face is off and hidden, from my stereo [and it has a further blanking plate so you can't tell what model it is even], i don't yet have a tv etc and everything else is secured where it can be out of site, i have a hidden safe for real valuables, [point to note here, about safes ensure if fitting underseat safes taht they are made to only open towards the doors into the footwells, making the door larger than the gap between the side of the safe and the door panel thus making it impossible to open unless the door is opened, which is safer than facing the rear from the passenger seat as many do which are far to easy to braek into in my view defeating the purpose entirely, better still have it cut into your floor and welded in so it can only be opened upwards, better hidden is best].

What do we think guys is high security what is needed the best new alarms, [that will eventually go wrong], better security locks possibly? several safes maybe You decide !!! but do please tell us to cool

One good device i have seen was the strap that goes between the two front doors meaning neither can be opened, in my old Ducato bus i has All doors top corners drilled out through the door and frame to accept a coach bolt that took a few minutes to tighten up, meaning that door would never open from the outside and i had high high security locks on my slider door which is how we got in and out of it, the rear doors wer enever opened as they had a bike rack fitted over both, making them impossible to open also, as it has sliding windows all had a piece of dowling cut to neatly lie in the windows channel, making them impossible to force open, and that was about it again no alarm and no wheel locks as it was on standard wheels.

I really think we as a nation are worriers possibly overdoing it somehwat, when common sense would prevail if we let it...What do you guys think..

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 23/Oct/09, 5.14 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Good precautions mate. I have seen those stainless flitch plates fitted to Mercedes vito door handles. As mine has a nasty screwdriver hole just beside the passenger door handle, I may make some to hide this and make it more secure too. Don't think I would go to the expense of an alarm as nobody seems to take heed of wailing sirens from cars any more. I do have a simple security lock on my rear doors, so effective even I struggle to get in. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 23/Oct/09, 6.27 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
biggrin biggrin The simpiest ones are always the best

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 24/Oct/09, 10.49 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Members
Standard factory immobiliser and a krooklock style lock that goes through steering wheel smile
Flashing light in dash,when turned on by switch won't start?
Wonder if connected via coil maybe surprised

Not got the two side windows tinted yet so cut some cardboard to shape,sprayed black and
taped up biggrin keeps the nosey peeps out!

Has crossed my mind to "beef up security on my bus though wink

THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND

Date: Sunday, 25/Oct/09, 1.49 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Knowone take sa blind bit of notice of alarms as Chas says so its pointless really, my next bus is having security locks [slamlocks] fitted to all doors and its facory immobiliser thats it apart from hidden safe/s of course as i have said in another thread on this subject if they want it they will get it, whats the point ??

Until the powers that be change the sentencing criteria of the scum that attack our property we are simply fighting a no win battle the harder you make it the more damage they cause.

Case in point my elder bro used to own an MG sports car soft top model lovely it was as well until the roof was slashed in broad day light under several cctv cameras in the centre of Glasgow, so he got it fixed and never once until the day he sold it ever locked it again and guess what in almost 2 yrs it was never again touched, luck possibly, clever probably, coincedence maybe or was it ??

Date: Sunday, 25/Oct/09, 8.20 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
biggrin Exactly the same thing with my Golf. Window smashed, stereo nicked, never locked it again and fitted a cheap, no nick stereo. No more problems. biggrin

Can't live life like that forever though.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 26/Oct/09, 12.33 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Nope your dead right but until the powers that be react positvely and put some of the scum away that perpretrate these crimes against us law abiding citizens what else is there to do?

Date: Saturday, 27/Mar/10, 9.33 PM | Message # 8
Major general
Group: Guest Members
[quote=Admin]point to note here, about safes ensure if fitting underseat safes taht they are made to only open towards the doors into the footwells, making the door larger than the gap between the side of the safe and the door panel thus making it impossible to open unless the door is opened[/quote]

Good idea, the only point I would make is that you got to be careful when you open it yourself, if done in a public place and scum notice it they have more of a motive to break in and know exactly where to find it.

I married an Alien.

Date: Saturday, 27/Mar/10, 9.52 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Im with Dougie here alarms are only a deterant & the profesional will always get what he wants, crooklocks & visual locks are only to prevent the opertunist the boy scallywag on the look out for what he can grab & run with aswell as the joyriders.

Mine has the standard deadlocks & a crooklock placed across the centre of the steering wheel to stop anyone trying to remove the steering wheel & mcguard locks on the wheels. I will be considering an alarm at a later date & am fully aware of vulnerabilities.

I once had an astra gte with Crooklock, seperate lazerline Imobiliser & a cliffard alarm & imobiliser but is still didnt stop idiots sticking a screwdriver in the lock & opening the door.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 28/Mar/10, 7.13 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Ours will defo be getting a snap off steering wheel [its ordered now] not cheap ..... and full class one security locks all round on every door well into thedoor uprights with a special one on the rear of our slider which is notoriously hard to dead lock.....

One thing i do fancy is a pager alarm not nessesarily that goes off on the vejicle but which will alert me to a break or attempted break so i am able to if away up a mountain etc phone police and at least have it checked out and hopefully catch the scoats in the act as if an alarm doesnt go off when they smash the window they will think they are safe not so now with modern alarms

I am also looking at ways of tracking my vehicle just now via a mobile phone on the absolute cheapest contact would work out chaeper than a tracker ??? may work may not i will let you know my 2 sim phone will allow one line to always be free to contact me on ANYWHERE using 2 dif sims as my phone takes to a cheap phone wired constant hidden in the vehicle would sufficve so if it is stolen/move di would know and again possibly stop it getting wrecked maybe not but nice if it is taken so you can go round heavy handed and deal with the twally who took it.....ah revenge is sweet...

It is about time manufacturers fitted deadlocks, trackers and remotre cutouts to EVERY vehicle made for a Skoda to a Roller at manufacture they would cost very little to add, as well i am happy i will of done all i can to protect it, my insurance company are wiling once proven these parts are fitted and working to offer a further 20% discount which almost covers their core costs over a few years......al i need to do is take it when complete to any local alarm company and get a questionaire filled in i have one in mind who will happily do it for about £25 a win - win situation i think you would agree....

"Quote My insurance company - its a shame there is not more about like you" tongue cool

Date: Wednesday, 07/Apr/10, 3.06 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Group: Guest Members
The mention of crook locks etc reminded me of the clutch claw.

http://www.centinel.org.uk/clutch_claw.asp

I married an Alien.

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Extras » Security » Security (What how and why ??)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: