T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Website & Forum Issues » Forum settings? ("Page alignments")
Forum settings?
Date: Wednesday, 09/Feb/11, 0.38 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Members
Well im back again with another complaint. lol

Who ever has been making the forum longer and wider. Hasn't set it up correctly as this has happend.

See screen shot.
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9697/monkeysl.png

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Wednesday, 09/Feb/11, 4.56 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Im guessing your using google crome by the looks of it, I get the same thing with Firefox so have started using Internet Explorer to veiw the site again.

Funny that now I dont seam to have any issues viewing the site in IE all the log out issues have disapeared just the log in issue remains but once I stay in biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Wednesday, 09/Feb/11, 4.06 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
It seems that each different explorer has its own set of issues i am the ONLY one who can mess as you put it with the settings and i havent even looked at them for weeks if not months ....

I can only say that Rob's view is most probably correct we have been over this many times before IT IS FREE SOTWARE WE USE HERE it has both limitations/issues [most of which have now been bettered or cured where we can... we nor you nor nobody can do anything about the rest sadly thats the nature of the beast if you want an absolutely PERFECT forum the only way to get it is to all chip in say £75 quid and we will buy a licence to V-bulletin [which is the most widely used software for such applications] but these to have issues there is no way around it to many operating systems and to many seperate users settings to try to get it perfect for everyone that is the joys of running such a community can please all all of the time.... However we all do our best to please the majority most of the time cant really ecxpect nor demand more can we ......

Btw i dont see what you do, in either my mebers, admin nor mods accounts? pointing most likely to your exporer i use and always have used IE although our software supplier says Firefox is the best .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 09/Feb/11, 9.16 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Quote (RS_ROB)
m guessing your using google crome

Nope im using firefox.

I'm not having any other issues with the site. I just thought id point the problem that was showing.

There is nothing up with my browser. it works fine on every other site.

PS: please remove this from the bottom of the site. It's pointless as everyone knows what they are running. Why tell them? http://www.wieistmeineip.de/ip-address/?size=468x60

Message edited by RallyBus - Wednesday, 09/Feb/11, 9.44 PM

Date: Thursday, 10/Feb/11, 11.43 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
You may think so we dont cool its there for a reason to bump up our presence online thanks cant see a problem myself in it being there ....

btw firefox is what is recommended so can say i can answer whats wrong as i say different peoples computers react in different ways no other complaints of this type apart from yours that im aware of im afraid Jim ?????

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 0.44 AM | Message # 6
Major general
If you look at my picture. It shows where the bottom text has decided to move up the site and overlap the forum. It has also done it with this topic. Stopping me from replying with FireFox. I've had to fire up evil ie8 which i hate. To reply to this topic.

Other than that I don't have any problems. Looks fine on IEvil8.

Message edited by RallyBus - Friday, 11/Feb/11, 0.46 AM

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 2.31 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
My Firefox View

Attachments: 0427867.png (414.3 Kb) · 2030435.png (428.0 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 2.36 AM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Internet Explorer

Everything where it shoulb be biggrin

But that pasky log in log out problem is back angry

Attachments: 9843157.png (458.1 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Friday, 11/Feb/11, 2.38 AM

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 2.39 AM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
you jinxed it jim angry

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 2.11 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
I admittedly had a small issue with the log in myself the other day but it was only coz i had cc cleaned my computer so it had removed my passwords etc inanvertantly surprised once re submitted its been fine ....... a wee tip dont have the remember me ticked it seems to work better if you input your password each time for some reason ?? not sure why .....

Thanks Rob i have access to each different account type so i knew they were all fine as i can change my account from admin to member, guest or mod etc at the click of my mouse for this very reason so i can check stuff like this .... Its got to be something to do with Jims personal settings why only with us i dont know but if the rest of us see it as we should there really is no other answer i can see .....

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 6.48 PM | Message # 11
Major general
It's not my settings as rob is having the same issue also. Plus my settings are factory default. I'm not a browser geek. cry

Date: Friday, 11/Feb/11, 11.54 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
I don't seem to have any issues with IE apart from changing my Ip address when I have to log in again and I have my remember me thing on all the time. Tried firefox and google chrome in the past and came back to IE as it seems the most user friendly. Not had any issues with the site view at all.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 12/Feb/11, 8.13 AM | Message # 13
Generalissimo
Just thought id try something here to get to the bottom of this

Dougie do you recognise this is it the same as the script you use if so does the highlited line mean anything to you

Attachments: 5621041.jpg (282.2 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 12/Feb/11, 11.45 AM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Rob is only having this issue in Firefox Jim not in IE and neither Chas nor i have any issues with it sadly i cant take a screenshot coz i dont know how to ? but can assure all mine is fine ..... another gremlin leave it with me and i shall pester Ucoz once more to see if they know why now i can show them via your screenshots biggrin what is happening they are usually quite good at helping where they can....

As for the line of text Rob it could refer to several things not nessesarily what you think it does again i will ask one of the coders but as its an css site it would be the same on all apges if it were that simple and it isnt as the source refers to ALL pages ..... surprised

Leave it with me and i shall attempt to see what i can find out cant say the bottom of the site overlapping has EVER been a problem this end as i say i have an account in ever sector so i can check and NOTHING is showing up on any so hard to know whats going on apart from which i have been busy on Shopping Mall site so havent touched this one since well before Chrimbo ??? which is why i am adimant its nothing i have done or at least no settings that have been changed .....

Date: Saturday, 12/Feb/11, 5.24 PM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
yer no worries I dont think its anything to do with the site personally but i cant pinpoint weather it occured after an update to FF or not so thought id have a play around with it this morning to see if i could figure it out thinking it may be a setting or something simple to fix.

Just wondered if you might recognise the coding error that FF throws up on this site & it lists a few more to go with but im not screen shotting them all biggrin as ill probably be wasting my time & server space cool

Dougie, I only learnt how to screen shot this week & man its so easy all you need is a text or paint editing program here Print Screen

Simple Press Print Screen then open Paint then press hold Controll & press V biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Saturday, 12/Feb/11, 5.25 PM

Date: Saturday, 12/Feb/11, 6.02 PM | Message # 16
Webmaster
Oh right and there was me thinking it was hard biggrin to many other things going on Rob [between family issues, new Smart cars, trying to get motorhomes modernised, new puppies, Shopping Malls and about a million other thingsi just don't seem to have the time just now] but ive posted a ticket to ucoz lets see what they say [although i know what they will say, same as they did the last time and the time before "it's your members personal settings too many configirations ?? that's what they said last time view in Firefox !! but lets wait and see they have given us cures to a few things surprised biggrin

Date: Sunday, 13/Feb/11, 1.36 PM | Message # 17
Generalissimo
cool cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 17/Feb/11, 0.27 AM | Message # 18
Major general
Did the people at ucoz reply to your ticket?

Date: Thursday, 17/Feb/11, 5.16 PM | Message # 19
Webmaster
Not yet but they are never in a hurry buddy i shall check my account in a while cool

Date: Thursday, 17/Feb/11, 5.21 PM | Message # 20
Generalissimo
I shall be starting a new thread later, testing out another browser biggrin
ill throw up some comparisons for ya all to enjoy. Tis Smooth though

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 18/Feb/11, 12.28 PM | Message # 21
Webmaster
Rob keep it going on this one keeping it all together would ya mate otherwise its lost ...

Date: Tuesday, 22/Feb/11, 9.20 PM | Message # 22
Major general
The site is working fine now on FireFog. No issues with text being where it shouldn't be. biggrin

edit: The main forum page is still showing text halfway down the forum.

Message edited by RallyBus - Tuesday, 22/Feb/11, 9.24 PM

Date: Wednesday, 23/Feb/11, 1.18 PM | Message # 23
Webmaster
I rest my case nobody has touched anything in any settings for this community before or since this thread started i shall follow up the suppost issue though as strangely i have NOT yet heard back from them....

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Website & Forum Issues » Forum settings? ("Page alignments")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: