T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Current Issues (We are once more suffering issues with operations at HQ)
Current Issues
What is the best result for all members ?
1. Shut for a 5-7 day period to enable a full re-booot, remake and hopefully better experience for all ? [ 4 ] [100.00%]
2. Limit Users initial use off our website/forum until they contribute x posts/threads ? [ 1 ] [25.00%]
3. Seek an alternative hosts new website/community set up ? [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. Set up a totally new website here-in risking loosing posts/threads ? [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. Cut my throat NOW ? [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 4
Date: Tuesday, 06/Jul/10, 7.01 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Guys yet again many items are surfacing to ruin/spoil or drive us all bammy.

Me mostly, with this in mind and subsequent convos at BVF still fresh in my mind.

Several things were spoken off and i want to tackle as many as possible with the minimum upheaval to our users, so propose shutting completely for a few days to re-group and sort out these issues in a number off ways see above !! vote on what you want to see as many as you want [this poll will stay live for 7 days only, all members will be PM'd later today/tommorow re this vote to avoid previous issues with votes]

A few things still bug me apart from the obvious non working/not correctly working items that no matter who looks at them still appear to periodically NOT function along with a few operational things that need sorted...

1 - At BVF it was made clear that a closed invite only system would not be welcomed, but something has to be done to get members to not just post once and dissappear never to be seen again ? it seems they come get what they want to find out and never come back!! i am a member off almost every VW and other similar groups i dont think any can i access ALL content without first at least posting several times to show ommitment if nothing else..
2 - Our current membership system is a shambles, knowhere near benefitting those it should i.e those who consistantly post/answer or supply content as it should.
3 - The basic design needs an overhaul its not very modern, or very upbeat is it ? it requires a totally new design, i have several able to be used here but the worry is if i do we use several off our threads/posts alraedy postsed by doing so, let alone many other parts which are not changeable that easily, so do we risk this for the better design, scheme ??
4 - Do we introduce a fee for membership all off the monies collected going towards paying to get a custom community built exactly as we want it to be with all that i keep consistantly am told we should have ??

I really need my valued members views on this and the above A.S.A.P
ALONG WITH EVERY SINGLE MEMBER THAT HAS ANY ITEREST IN THE LONGEVIETY OFF OUR COMMUNITY ....

Your suggestions, advice guidance on this really matter so please speak up [not to slag me off but to suggest solutions pls] we pride ourselves on including ALL our members NOW is the time to air your views use it wisely pls

i feel we really have to gain the whole active communities views on a few things pre any progress being made to further our community...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 06/Jul/10, 7.24 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
biggrin biggrin biggrin Razor Blade biggrin biggrin biggrin

Serously now I am split between the top three so my suggestion is as follows
to shut for a short time to hopefully fix the problems & limit users rights to stop the one of posters this will hopefully ween out the non interested partys thus keeping those that wish to partake in this community.

If all else fails then we do the third & move on to a better setup but this will most likley require some form of donation - i do not condone this approach as there are many people willing to participate in this approach but however the fee to join suggestion would cut all our throats & not just Dougies leaving this a small yet freindly community with no chance of expansion & growth.

Funds could be obatined by the sale of club items to members & when we start to have larger gatherings @ meets then we could start raffles & even kitty pots to supply booze & nibbles.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 06/Jul/10, 7.40 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Lets try the first option first. If that doesn't work there are still others. We've had some good feedback from some new members lately and it would be a shame to limit them and I think it could be detrimental to growth too.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Tuesday, 06/Jul/10, 8.35 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Yep would be the sensible way to go

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 06/Jul/10, 9.49 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Members
I choose 1 and 3, You need to get a phpbb3 forum. Has loads more options and addons including a garage thing where everyone can show off their vans.

Date: Wednesday, 07/Jul/10, 11.06 AM | Message # 6
Webmaster
@ Chas - My thoughts almost my only concern is i would rather go the whole hog in one go, saving disruption, or at least keeping it to a minimum..

@ Rob - Ditto really

@ Jim - If we go for a Phpbb3 Forum firstly who is paying for it they dont come free? secondly who is webmastering it as i have no idea how they operate? ideal if we had more assisatnce from those in the know sadly until that time impossible we have a build guide forum no one uses, we have a blogs area few have used so what makes you think adding more "extras" would make people use them, i'm intrequed to klnow the rational behind your thinking.

I continue that i still as does my "proffesional" helper btw beleive we have far to much information freely available without having to do anything in oder to gain that information, by this i do not mean free as in charge i mean in respect off all a member has to do is register, most havent even done this correctly! or fully it seems everyone if you let them will use our site glean what information they can and go never to return, the advice i am gaining from the pros is to shut down and re-open as a invitation only site i have said it before and i shall again or failing this move a lot of our webbpages into our forum at least so as they MUST at least register [and tighten up the registration process] working on a scale off posts to gain access to teh differenmt parts as Chas will tell you setting up a "How To" lets say takes time energy and commitment which is to easily being able to be viewed if it was harder we would at least be gaining forum posts, giving us a better chance at keeping our members actively involved.

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 14/Jul/10, 2.20 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
You know guys, this is something a bit special. I've only been on the site for a short while, but it's friendly and informative and a whole lot more.
My experience tells me that if we have a pay-for 'club' (doesn't have to be dear, £5 maybe enough), it gives the club a chance to evolve other ideas such as club sales as mentioned.
The one timers are coming for info mostly I guess, so it's up to the 'club' to decide what areas are accessible without membership, and what areas are accessible with membership.
This then leads on to deciding what is and what isn't accessible. A general overview of club activities (forum, meetings etc) needs to be seen to be tempting, information, perhaps not accessible without membership.
It's a difficult situation, as I only have a couple of weeks experience with this fine bunch of reprabates, I can't really say what should and shouldn't be.
What is blindingly obvious though is the friendly good-natured feeling that this site oouzes with. So many club sites break up into little groups of bickering know-it-alls. I suspect you chaps incapable of such sillyness, there lies your strength.

From my recent involvement with this site all I can do is congratulate you all on how good it is. Like I said in a posting a day or two ago, it's those who don't have the hobby which includes making new pals that I feel sorry for. I feel that I have some new pals here. Even if this makes you want to reach for the sick bucket, it's the truth.

Sincerely

Bomber

I love the smell of bacon in the morning...

Date: Wednesday, 14/Jul/10, 8.08 AM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
In a nutshell Bomber I think you have it. I'm quite happy to fumble along aimlessly... (got away with it in life so far and it aint done me no harm). Sure there are a few issues that need sorting like the blogs but we are happy I think. My blog stopped when I got to the head scratching point. Sure I will continue when I do something worthy of a photo. biggrin
Nothing is really wrong here and the forum is pretty well attended at the moment so I'd be happy to let the sleepy dog lie for the time being.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 14/Jul/10, 5.54 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Ok i shall do as im bid and lie back down into my coffin and do nowt [except continue to work to try and solve our few glitches maybe]

@ Bomber - I'm not sure if you realies this whole community was set up by me so i'm to blame i suppose for gathering this group of rebrebrates together then, on the whole i still manage it single handedly with events organised mostly by Chas and Rob does our secretary stuff [but is selfconfessidly just learning soi i do a lot there to for now] i love it as it keep me going gives me a sense of meaning if you see what i mean being unable to work i have little else to do really [except wind you lot up] the reason i put the post up was after a few things going crazy with the set up off our community making a few things not work........ i am basically happy with it as is but naturally want to progress our community still father ..... the idea was never to be the biggest, or for that matter the best but you have seen what we are all about quite quickly if only more would so we have a constant change of topics and people to talk to....... We have now had a few successful meets and running our meets with-in other major events is definately the way to go without a doubt raisng awareness of our presence and importantly what we are all about ....... The problem here is keeping members most come in get what they want and dissappear whilst this is common on forums we are not large enough for this not to make a large difference [for a long time i was being accused of posting to myself and at times it really did feel this way i can assure you]....

I am strongly against any sort of charge however small for 2 reasons one it starts more squabbles as to where this raised money goes who controls it etc etc apart from the fact we dont need to i supply the domains we operate under i own them and one was a gift to us and secondly it costs nothing to operate apart from time [if i was to charge for it we would be several thousand down already] i seriously dont seek gratitude praise money or other glory for my efforts i set out with the intention off supplying an alternative to the normal as you so correctly put it clique groups and think i have single handedly done not to bad a job of it thus far...........yeah i may not spell everything right all the time but im sure most understand me most of the time and when they dont, worry not as i dont most of the time [punctuation and rambling are my two failings]

As for where we go from here i will NEVER please everyone all off the time and do not try to my main concern is that NEW members are cordially greated and shown what we are all about in doing so we have attracted a few likes of yourself, Glen, Rob Earthman [sometimes] and a growing amount of other users but it is so very hard when all you get is this doesnt work, that doesnt work instead of offers to help cure issues, problems sadly most want everything for nothing and i nor we will never change that fact [sadly the main problem in the UK today apparently] so i always aim to keep my main members that contibute daily or whatever happy the likes of Chas has been here since day one almost and as far as i can see is happy i have the overwelming urge to make us a bit more streamlined. efficient etc and i shall but withgout my members views its impossible hence posts like this appear from time to time........

I make no excuses i am no proffesional at this as is none of the rest of the gang everything we use is a gift or Free i do not believe that anyone should be out of pocket we dont need to be, we are all equals as far as i see it as such we should all be conbtributing if we dont there is little or no point in continuing ....

But guess what i dont care WHY ?? simple i have just had the call i have waited 7 whole months for .......

Date: Wednesday, 14/Jul/10, 6.00 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Sorry i should off put this community is as much about the social side, the scene, the banter as any vehicle owned .........

Date: Wednesday, 14/Jul/10, 11.33 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Dougie don't forget to get the edit buttons fixed. biggrin

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Wednesday, 14/Jul/10, 11.43 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Quote (Admin)
Sorry i should off put this community is as much about the social side, the scene, the banter as any vehicle owned .........

I thought it was about your new bus biggrin biggrin biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 15/Jul/10, 12.01 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
Ah come on thats below the belt Rob ........ shame ....

@ Jim - Silver Members dont and never have had the ability to edit their posts its an unchangeable fact nothing i can do about it i'm afraid i am working with a designer to try and iron out some of these issues which it is hoped we will do shortly some code is being written in an attemptto resolve some of the more common things ....

Date: Thursday, 29/Jul/10, 11.37 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Is there any closure date for this poll ?

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 30/Jul/10, 10.37 AM | Message # 15
Webmaster
Em strange question we are shutting on the 1st - 2nd which kind of answers your question Rob ???? having a blonde moment were we ???
It's essentially been shut for over 2 weeks now until you posted and therefore regurgetated it .... surprised

Date: Friday, 30/Jul/10, 11.31 AM | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Doh!

Rob. [Secretary]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Current Issues (We are once more suffering issues with operations at HQ)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: