T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Is The Forum Lay out Better Or Worse ? (Yes/No)
Is The Forum Lay out Better Or Worse ?
Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 2.46 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Honest opinions guys
Better or worse
Any further suggestions to streamline us further

Added (2009-04-03, 6:19 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
surprised

Added (2009-04-04, 2:46 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Come on guys some feedback, i cant beter what w ehave if you dont tell me whats good and whats not

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 04/Apr/09, 10.11 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Members
dry Well !!!!! only away on hol for a week n things have changed!!!! Can't leave you lot along.
Still the new layout looks good to me wink wink

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Sunday, 05/Apr/09, 8.49 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant general
looks good to me m8, not as cluttered, good job biggrin

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Sunday, 05/Apr/09, 9.34 AM | Message # 4
Major general
yeh suppose it'l do,,,,,,,,go on then it's ok!! cool

Stan

Date: Sunday, 05/Apr/09, 2.25 PM | Message # 5
Private
Yes Dougie, layout much easier to search. If the print were larger I would probably be able to read it as well!!!
Sorry,just jesting. Keep up good work.
t4ken.

t4ken

Date: Sunday, 05/Apr/09, 7.51 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Thanks Guys we do try glad you like it trying to make it easier for the future is all, if we all try and keep to the relevance of the subject and keep likes of the show us yours and introductions and such like to just that, not that it matters to us as we are all T4 ers but when posting in the tech sections could you start your posts with T4 - [then whatever the heading ], and T5 ers T5 - [and whatever the heading] etc keeping it relevant if and when we have enough T5 owners posting i will revise this but for now should help to keep us all in line.

Note some posts are doubled just now but i'm working my way clearing tidying and changing as i go, sorry but some posts we will need to redo as i'm unable to repeat them such as intoductions etc.

A little inconvienience now will pay off big style as we get busier.

Thanks for your understanding guys

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 19/May/10, 8.48 PM | Message # 7
Major general
I think we need to get rid of the 4 tier thingy. It's obvious its stopping new people from taking part. Loads of people have joined the site, but not one of them has posted. It's sort of like the T4 forum where you can't see any of the decent stuff till you pay the £10 for some charity.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Thursday, 20/May/10, 12.25 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Firstly we don't run any teir system any longer and haven't done for quite some time the reason most do not post is they don't want to they only wish to research a lot of people on such forums use them in this way [rather unfairly in my view] as we can only supply information if that information is supplied to us the only way really of doing that is to post questions in our forums it is a sad fact that this is the life we live nowadays were everyone wants everything without giving back absolutely anything.

So i m afraid Jim you are catagorically wrong on this one mate cool T4 Forum has in excess of 18.000 members of which truthfuly never more than 200 use them at anyone one time a very low percentage as is the case with most of these types of forums sadly as i say above it doesn't seem to matter very much what you do, people will only use it if they want to doesnt matter if we supply them it on a plate every community online is supported by diehard users otherwise i can assure loads would not be here.

As for the T4 forum lets be clear you are NOT donating anything to any charity by paying for use of this information you are paying for USE of the website which is what all the recent fuss, hassle and resignations have all been about, I should also point out that most think that these types of communities open and theya re an instant success real reality is that thay are not they take many years to grow the best way of growing them is by word of mouth, by appearing at shows, events and such like and by ever active member having a logo or sticker on their vans proclaiming they are a member of our group....

Date: Thursday, 20/May/10, 9.58 PM | Message # 9
Major general
The only reason i brought this up is the other day i think chas said he noticed i was from merseyside in my profile. Where as i can't view anyones profile to see where they are from. So i thought the 4 tier thing was still active. I'm not here to make you angry dougie.

This is what i get when i click to view someones profile. http://www.t4club.ucoz.net/index/8-20

Date: Friday, 21/May/10, 12.57 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Now that brings up T4 Ken's profile for me strange i shall investigate and get back to you's

PS Jim i didnt think you were btw i was merely trying to let you understand the way we operate, i have to say that many have agreed however with my reasoning on only rewarding those who contibute otherwise it stands to reason that no one would bother posting at all if all our information is readily available without having to participate in anyway to get it....

Date: Friday, 21/May/10, 2.30 PM | Message # 11
Major general
Doguie. Click this link to see a picture of what i see.

http://i47.tinypic.com/e0iedt.png

Date: Friday, 21/May/10, 4.23 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Ok jim thanks possibly its been overlooked not my department but i shall email my guru and see whats going on....

Date: Saturday, 22/May/10, 6.39 PM | Message # 13
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
I may have misled you there Jim. I trawled through the introductions section to see where you were from. That's usually how I get to find out. I think the only different access I have is into the gold forum which is a quiet area anyway where I go to read my book without being disturbed! biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 23/May/10, 1.55 PM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Very good Chas like it .....

Ok the easy answer is this community DOES not allow members to access other members profiles as part of it's security features only myself and my team have access to such areas, via a confuluted control panel i rarely look at let aslone make any use off, from here all i can tell you is your Ip address and when you were last active [oh matron biggrin ] without trawling through several layers of rubbish stats and other useless info i am none the wiser this is why we ask ALL to introduce themselves as Chas rightly says everyone i think now has a PM button to contact any other member to ask any private or pertinent questions of which we also have no control over as is common on all forum groups the content of which is not stored nor accessible....... one of the up sides of this system is that NO ONE has details of where or who you are thus ensuring your security at all times one of the downsides is we as Admins do not have access to your passwords and other sensitive information used when registering when it becomes forgotten etc but overall it is a very secure, safe and good system to operate avoiding such disasters as was very prevalent on a similar community a short while ago where their Admin having access to such information used it to hack into another groups site as most lest face it use the same passwords/usernames throughout their website useage, a simple case of fraud that had disasterious consequences for its Admin and lost him many many long term users due to a breech of trust...hence our very true statement we are all equal and so we are no one knowing anymore than is nessesary or required to operate...

As for why you get this page coming up, my Guru says to send apoligies to all concerned quoting " i am sorry i must of missed that one page in my re-vamp recently completed, a great many items and setting were changed for the better of all, missing one that quite clearly is effecting very few, its the first time we have been told of it but we will find a remedy for as soon as is humanely possible"

We hope this answers this query satisfactorily remembering of course there is not one single proffesional or even half knowledgeable person onboard this ship we all do it for pleasure and hopefully for others pleasure, i personaly dont see what the difference is in a profile being public or otherwise maybe a thread to find out where everyone is from might be worthwhile if it is important to anyone i know other than details i give away personally on such communities i would be happier if my details were not given to just anyone who cares to register as is the case often.....

Date: Monday, 24/May/10, 11.35 PM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
its ok mate im sure dougie will edit it biggrin unfortunatly I dont have that privilage I can only edit my own posts.

Id say a strong whisky could be called for biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 25/May/10, 7.01 PM | Message # 16
Webmaster
Chill Jim i will not bother answering your post and simply removing it will be best i am sure all round surprised soz to hear about your loss though been there done it several times life goes on though, look on the bright side more time to spend on T4 -T5 Club UK cool

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Is The Forum Lay out Better Or Worse ? (Yes/No)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: