T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

How low is yours
Total of answers: 216

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » Volkswagen Eyes & Formula One ? ("VW could build F1 engines for 2013")
Volkswagen Eyes & Formula One ?
Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 10.37 AM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Volkswagen is seriously considering entering Formula One - but as an engine supplier rather than a constructor.

But VW, as its Porsche takeover proves, doesn't do things by halves. It wants to build race engines for more than just F1 teams, but only if the FIA's plans for a 'world' engine - where a common engine could be applicable to multiple categories - come to fruition.

VW's motorsport representative - Ex-F1 hand Hans Joachim Stuck - revealed VW's F1 ambitions to German magazine Sport Bild.

"We are waiting for the FIA's decision in respect of the use of a world engine for Formula 1," Stuck told Auto Bild. "If there is [a world engine], we will discuss whether to build it for Formula 1."

If VW goes into F1 it will most likely be in 2013 with a 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine combined with a re-born KERS system - that's when the current 2.4-litre naturally aspirated V8s are expected to die.

No other F1 engine manufacturers have expressed an interest in the FIA's 'world engine' idea.

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 10.56 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
I suppose that's because of the stringent rules. Most people are more interested in promoting their own engines. This one size fits all is choking F1 and no doubt it again is dependent on backhanders and the old boy cronyism that seems to be the way where the big money is at. I was quite up for the main contenders splitting from F1 last year, it would have been an interesting development for motorsport.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 10.57 AM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Indeed the recent F1 Championships have been way to boring of late in my view they need in some way spicing up

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 12.58 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ther we go again way to ruin an alredy ruined sport, in a way Im glad I work weekends now cos I dont get depressed at all the rule changes & spoilers but damn do I miss it cry

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » Volkswagen Eyes & Formula One ? ("VW could build F1 engines for 2013")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: