T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » New Hardcore Version available ("well nearly a Vw")
New Hardcore Version available
Date: Monday, 10/May/10, 6.07 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
SKODA REVEALS EXTREME HOT HATCH CONCEPTS
Hardcore Skoda pair set for VW Worthersee event

Skoda is set to reveal the Fabia RS+ and Octavia RS+, the most hardcore versions yet of its hot hatch pair, at the VW tuning event at Lake Worthersee in Austria this week.

Both cars are based on the vRS production models, and get a range of aerodynamic and more general styling tweaks.

The Fabia RS+ takes its design cues from the S2000-spec IRC rally car (which will also be at the show) with black spoilers front and rear, a black grille and smoked headlights. Most reminiscent of the rally car are the chunky air vents set into the bonnet, and the rear diffuser. There's also a grey and lime-green two-tone finish inside and out.

The Octavia RS+ is a little less extreme, but gets the same green-and-grey colour scheme and LED rear lights.

But although the cars aren't much more than a styling exercise, the move signals just how serious the VW group is about turning Skoda into a brand with genuine performance kudos - the Worthersee event is a Mecca for fans of fast VWs.

[Our thanx to the wonderful Pistonheads onc emore for this article]

Attachments: 0775483.jpg (10.8 Kb) · 9984701.jpg (10.6 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 10/May/10, 9.25 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Never found a Skoda owner yet who was not satisfied with his car. Saw the new Yeti a couple of weeks ago and it looks pretty cool.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 13/May/10, 10.49 AM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Yip they are after all quite simply Passats and in the case of the Fabia a shortened version their off biggrin however you are of course right which is bourne out by the zillion taxi drivers currently using Octavias as daily taxis which having been in my past life a taxi controller have to say they certainly do the job with staggeringly high mileages attainable making them alround excellent vehicles.....although not my cup of tea.....having said that the Rs above parked on my drive would be a nice stand in until my van is completed....although being used now to the van and the Atastraphy i would most likely kill myself in it...power is a thing of the past in this household where economy rules supreme [so why did we purcahse a rather thirsty Vx, damn good question that in truth you know the answer to]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 3.44 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
the octavia is the ol A4 biggrin
which of corse was replaced by the A5 if im not mistaken

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 11.22 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
You can still buy a new A4 great motor [previously owned 2 if i didnt have my T4 i would have another Avant or a Volvo V70 cross for sure]

However found this on a quick search proving they do still sell and manufacture A4's Audi A4 i think you will find i was originally correct the Octavia is based on the older model Passat ?? in wiki it and i quote refers to it being originally based on "The first generation Octavia was released in 1996 and was built on the Volkswagen Group A4 (PQ34) platform" but i dont think that is an Audi A4 i think it refers to VW's chassis designation rather than model, i think it was in the start based on a 1995 ish Volkswagen Passat chassis and running gear as are so many Skodas these days it has always counter been reffered to as a poor mans Volkswagen after all, with the taxi company i was then with who subsequently purchased 20 at launch we were at the pre-launch party of these when we were told all about them hense i am quoting what Skoda themselves told us....

Either way they are superb vehicles and a great tesing ground for future VW's to come ....

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 5.09 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
there was a top gear episode last year i think that said the a4 was to be discontinued but if you still want one then you could buy it as they are still building it in the form of a skoda.

if i see it again ill take note.......

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 11.30 AM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Em ok np

Maybe it's the Skoda Exclusive that is based on it ??? but certainly not the Octavia matey for one they would need to shorten the chasiss the A4 is way bigger biggrin biggrin not that it really matters just thought i would comment as i was privelaged if you could call it that to be at the original launch party although the freeby rally jackets, hats and food were a nice bonus biggrin making it a worthwhile event i spose and we all got them irrespective of who we were even my bosses kids at the time got mini jackets surprised from a budjet car aint bad going.....oh and millions of keyrings, brolleys and stickers of course biggrin

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 10.15 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
unless of course ibe confused it with the passat but ill keep a look out for it as I always watch the re runs of tg......................

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 10.39 AM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
The Octavia was based on the Mk 4 Golf hence the short wheelbase. The A4 can now be purchased as a Seat Exeo using the old platform and the new A4 and A5 are in production using new platforms.
Top Gear is a great program, James may is my favourite presenter but Clarkson's books have me in tears of laughter everytime. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 12.57 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
Right but that cant be entirely true either due to the Octavia being issued well pre Mk 4 Golf times Sir Chasney the Mk golf was not in production until well after 97 but is im sure a tad closer to the actual chassis cool and could well be the same chasis platform as the Passat anyway as most modern manufacturers share their chassis throughout their ranges anyway simply polacing different bodies on top hence Skoda, Seat Vw and Audi all being very similar throughout the ranges anyway

As for Top Gear they are true legends without a doubt as for JC's books i dont know i dont get em i have a few but on the whole find them quite boring but have to admit to having read both of hamsters and enjoyed both emmensely, James is great fun and whether deliberately the daft one or not im not entirely sure very intertaining anyway even if a bit contrieved that said has anyone commited the moral sin of sins and watched any recent editions of Fifth Gear on Five it is really srating to come back to threaten TG without a doubt it will never be what TG is not in a million years and dont try to be offering a radically different format on the same subjects, i do beleive their team is just right now and now present and equally entertaining show more aimed at the "normal" car driver with vehicles we could afford as thats what has always annoyed me with TG no one could ever afford the vehicles they feature mostly, and their alliegance to Aston Martin is touching being it was in British ownership but a bit over the top in terms of minutes used on solely Astons in any one series lets hope both continue for years to come but i do believe TG is under the threat of axeing again..

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 10.35 PM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
I have tried to watch 5th gear a few times but in the last few years it has kinda gone cheap really cheap like staring the show in a the corner of their office with some really nasty echoy sound & it just puts off straight away & i turn over oh & the cheap coffe shop down the road & again nasty sound quiet presenters etc...........

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 17/May/10, 12.50 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
The cheap coffee shop ??? its the Ace Cafe "Nobby" only the largest vehicle showspot of them all in inner London that you refer to as a cheap cafe it runs everything from T4 events to custom bike shows better not let the purists hear you saying that buddy biggrin

I thinketh you are a TG only man as he has no praiseth for the 5th gear programme biggrin biggrin i mean echoes in the sound come on Top Gear is in a flippin aircraft hanger with a arcing driver we dont eevn know who it is at least 5th gear tell us and dont waffle on endlessly about 1- cars we cant afford and will never own and 2 - about flickin Aston Martons cool

Date: Monday, 17/May/10, 7.17 PM | Message # 13
Generalissimo
I have always had a thing about Bristols. Would love to own one! Hence I think the James May top presenter thing. Tiff Needell is way too excitable and don't they have a woman on there too..... Think I watched it once. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » New Hardcore Version available ("well nearly a Vw")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: