Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Door Ladder for a Tailgate (Wanted)
Door Ladder for a Tailgate
Date: Monday, 15/Nov/10, 9.50 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
I am after a ladder to fit to the tailgate of my T4 SWB. It has a tailgate I have found plenty tp fit Barn Doors but not tail gates. Can any one help?

\

Date: Monday, 15/Nov/10, 12.02 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
You could try this Vanstyle but the problem with the tail gate is where to bolt the ladder. The barn door has a big flat surface that is easily accessable when all the trims are removed perfect for bolting a ladder to but the Tailgate does not.
When the trim is removed from the tailgateyou can only access sevaral small triangular area's due to the strenthening bars & then if you wanted to bolt above the window then there is no access.

Good Luck

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Monday, 15/Nov/10, 1.40 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I beleive with very slight adaption the ones from a Bongo/several 4x4 ones that mount to the top and bottom lips of the tailgate in much the same way as a bike rack does most are removed from bongos/4x4's by their convertor -import companies as they are not desirable apparently to uk customers, so should be worth contacting any of the firms that import, convert these vehicles though as it shouldnt be very expensive and at least done in chrome as against black industrial ones otherwise available that are horrible

At least using one of these or an adapted motorhome one it should be able to fold and be locked up at least help in stopping stupid idiots climbing it and using your vehicle as a climbing frame as is often also the case and should be considered in the fitting of such equipment

Ditto what Rob says when i had my White Noise i had investigated this as i had a permantly fitted roof box and we found exactly what he is saying and nowhere to get one from only real way was to get a fabricator to make one up for me which i was about to do, csot about £70 but it would of mounted correctly which many wont..

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 15/Nov/10, 1.49 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
The only other thing is maybe to adapt one of these Fiamma ones but at £230 odd plus vat + delivery rather expensive to go mucking about with i would of thought but not many options sadly

Attachments: 1857792.jpg (27.6 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 15/Nov/10, 1.53 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Or something like this from a motorhome again could quite easily be adapted to suit at about £60 at least far more affordable surprised

Attachments: 8252757.jpg (6.9 Kb)

Date: Saturday, 20/Nov/10, 4.28 AM | Message # 6
Private
Group: Blocked
Try ringing AUTOSLEEPER - They put one on their VW TRIDENT (which have tailgate) and would probably keep spares

Message edited by Yves - Saturday, 20/Nov/10, 4.29 AM

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Door Ladder for a Tailgate (Wanted)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: