T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » replacement struts fo tailgate (advice required on possible upgrade!)
replacement struts fo tailgate
Date: Monday, 20/Dec/10, 11.11 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Hello again,
Brain picking time I reccon my tailgate struts may need replacing seen some on ebay but was also thinking about buying a cycle rack and an external storage box both to mount on the rear door, Will this need to be taken into consideration when looking at the struts
Cheers Phil Sheriton

\

Date: Tuesday, 21/Dec/10, 4.43 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Nope normal struts can handle it no probs

Note with a cycle rack and or storage box you wouldnt be able to lift the tailgate anyway ??? unless you unload them so it wouldnt be relevant... the one disadvantage of fitting such extras , cycle rack on a tow bar so it drops down out the way bar about £80 rack about £150 a thule cycle rack luggage rack will cost about £250 and the box is extortionate i know i have both on mine ..... mine hasnt got a tail or barn dors both are fitted directly to rear skin far better idea imho

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 21/Dec/10, 6.13 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Members
Again,
thanks for the advice i've been rooting on ebay etc looking for the rack and box thinking I may just bag an out of season bargain (yes me and half of the country)
God loves a trier and God knows I'm trying
Phil Sheriton biggrin

\

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » replacement struts fo tailgate (advice required on possible upgrade!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: