T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

How low is yours
Total of answers: 216

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - TAILGATE (Barndoors to tailgate - will it fit?)
T4 - TAILGATE
Date: Thursday, 10/Sep/09, 4.57 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Members
GONNA LOOK AT A 94 REG CARRAVELLE WITH TAILGATE!
WILL THIS FIT MY 02 BUS?

CURRENTLY HAVE BARN DOORS,SO WHATS INVOLVED question

THE WHEELS ON THE BUS GO ROUND AND ROUND

Date: Thursday, 10/Sep/09, 7.19 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Dave not sure whats invoved but i know a barn door can be changed to a tailgate, hold on Ray will be along soon i am sure he will let us all know how its done or possibly Alan Grumps someone help as i'm not entitely sure

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 10/Sep/09, 7.34 PM | Message # 3
Private
Tailgate will fit ok, make sure you get all the rams & catches with it though & don't just haul the wiring out of door, it's a bitch to get back in.Couple of hours will fit it though.

Date: Thursday, 10/Sep/09, 7.57 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Thankyou Alan i knew you were there see how sneaky i am biggrin

Dubman bewteen Alan and Ray we have a wealth of info just in these two guys if you are going to undertake the change do keep us up to date with the change..

Barn doors in my opinion are the way forward my nest one if i can will have them, a simple shelter like the Bays had easily made is all you need, can't find an image right now but it goes over the toip of both doors sheltering you on then all sides i want something like this probably for mine though. If i stick with a tailagte obviously...

A sort of variation on the one VW did themselfs that stored in the rear door.. surprised

Attachments: 0532542.jpg (35.7 Kb) · 3050033.jpg (46.2 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 12/Sep/09, 0.34 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Thanx fella's wink
Going 2 have a look and see whats what today!

Date: Saturday, 12/Sep/09, 4.20 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
BOUGHT THE TAILGATE & ALL THE FIXINGS
PLUS A FULL LENGTH CARAVELLE HEADLINING WITH LIGHTS,
ALL FOR £95 NOTES,AND THERE GOOD AS NEW!
BARGAIN happy happy

Date: Saturday, 03/Oct/09, 10.18 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
My recently purchased tailgate happy
Attachments: 7691981.jpg (239.3 Kb)

Date: Saturday, 03/Oct/09, 10.33 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Cool so make sure you do us a step by step photo, how to guide on how to do the swap now wont you biggrin
Keep us up to date, and turn of the caps will you we dont like getting shouted at cool biggrin

Date: Saturday, 03/Oct/09, 11.15 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Ok wink

Date: Sunday, 04/Oct/09, 8.59 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant general
hi Dave just check were the hinges go, on the early models the hinges mount flat (well the bolts), on the newer they they are on a diagonal, there should be 2 holes on the inside of the aperture which have where the holes should be for the hinges to mount hope this is of some help

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Sunday, 04/Oct/09, 12.38 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
Hopefully me mates gonna give a hand to "Dry" build on the Tailgate
before i have painted!

Seems the best way,then if i cock-up won't damage any new paint wink

Date: Sunday, 04/Oct/09, 1.07 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Sounds like a plan it is a subject we have not yet covered so one we are waiting with baited breath to find out the outcome of so be sure to keep us up to date a si think a full how to on how both this and other similar recurring themes would save a lot of repeat threads and obviously repeat answering which sounds good to me cool

Wish you luck Dave rather you than me, i would personally leave it to the professionals or bought one with a tailgate as i have coz im a coward biggrin i sometime however wonder if i might of been better with barndoors however, and am still in 2 minds with regards to my new build as to which route to take, as my next will be a lwb high top hopefully if so the doors could be a bonus as it is my intention to have a toilet tent built to fit into the space the barn doors leave although ones are available for a tailgeted version also so not quite sure yet ahhhh all these desisions biggrin and it still will always almost without fail be an unfinished project happy

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - TAILGATE (Barndoors to tailgate - will it fit?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: