Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Members - T4 - T5 Sales » T4 for sale. (Sales.)
T4 for sale.
Date: Tuesday, 13/Jul/10, 12.37 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Hi all. I know there are a few members looking for vans at the moment. A chap a few doors away from me has an ex AA 2.5TDI 102bhp for sale. He's had it a few years and tells me he paid £6500 for it. It has had an engine rebuild during his ownership but he thinks it's a bit down on compression as it struggles a bit going uphill (sounds familiar) when pulling his trailer.
It is on an X plate and doesn't look too bad considering I've never seen him clean it in six years. Still in the AA colours it has the breakdown lights and sink still fitted. It has 140K on the clock and I know he uses it daily for his business. He is looking for around £1500 cash for it. That in my mind is something of a bargain. The van is in South West Birmingham and he says he is in no great hurry to sell as he needs to find another van. If there is any interest I'll ask him if I can take a couple of pics to post.

Cheers, Chas.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Tuesday, 13/Jul/10, 4.10 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
cool
Attachments: 9539269.jpg (2.6 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 13/Jul/10, 4.43 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Sneaky shot from my house. Very small ding by rear wheel arch on the side showing. That's about it.

Attachments: 4052729.jpg (113.1 Kb)

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Tuesday, 13/Jul/10, 4.58 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Yip an ex AA van no mistaking it >>>>>> why dont you add it to your collection biggrin you aint gorra yellow one yet !!!!

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 13/Jul/10, 6.38 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Just think of the fun you could have with the air suspension Chas biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 13/Jul/10, 6.38 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Don't. I am tempted at that price mate. he is looking for another T4 a bit newer and better.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 16/Jul/10, 10.59 AM | Message # 7
Webmaster
What like mine biggrin cool biggrin

Date: Friday, 16/Jul/10, 7.51 PM | Message # 8
Private
Group: Members
is it possible for you to pm me his number? cheers, bob

z

Date: Friday, 16/Jul/10, 8.26 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Hello Bob. Just got in. I'll see if he's about, if not will do in the morning. Cheers, Chas.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 16/Jul/10, 10.12 PM | Message # 10
Private
If it's low on compression how easy is that to sort out??....It sounds like it could be a potential bargain....but not knowing too much about mechanics and T4's for that matter, I wouldn't know how that would effect reliability.
Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question.....but i have never had any experience with engines so i just dont know.....but i would like to learn. :-)

Thanks

\

Date: Friday, 16/Jul/10, 10.28 PM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
He just guessed it was low on compression due to it's poor performance on hills Ben. There seems to be lots of reasons for this... I am trying to get over it as we speak. My 1.9 climbs hills with ease that my 2.5 struggles up. It's an ongoing thing that I will crack eventually. Unfortunately or otherwise, it seems to be improving the more motorway miles I do. It seems to be a fault that many 2.5 owners have. Great otherwise though. Still many things to look at and will be reporting as I go.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 16/Jul/10, 11.26 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Quote (listensqueak)
It seems to be a fault that many 2.5 owners have

Mine climbs hills like a ferret out of a drainpipe biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 23/Aug/10, 12.36 PM | Message # 13
Private
Listensqueak I was wondering if you know if this ex aa van is still for sale. I would be interested in getting in touch with the bloke and maybe viewing it. I am Birmingham based so would be able to view anytime that suits.

Thanks

\

Date: Monday, 23/Aug/10, 8.19 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
He still has it but needs to replace it with a late T4 before selling. I'm trying to find a 53 or 04 plate for him so I can prise this one off him mate. Will post as soon as it becomes available. Cheers.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 23/Aug/10, 8.59 PM | Message # 15
Webmaster
See when you find one me first for the 03 - 04 plater pretty pls cool

Date: Monday, 23/Aug/10, 9.05 PM | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Seen an 03 for sale in Small Heath last week, LWB white with windows all round for 6750 ono. Might pop up there thursday for a closer look mate.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 23/Aug/10, 9.06 PM | Message # 17
Webmaster
Tad expensive but if a quick sale can be got maybe going back to where we had intended starting about a year ago surprised keep us posted ....

Date: Monday, 23/Aug/10, 9.08 PM | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Ok mate, will go look see. Maybe it will turn out to be a multivan with 10k on the clock biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Monday, 23/Aug/10, 9.10 PM | Message # 19
Webmaster
Ever hopefull if it is its MINE .... [i and a wee 1 fallen from the price tag cool ]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 12.11 PM | Message # 20
Generalissimo
Hi Jason there is plenty of helpull buying advise on the site & should be relativley easy to find otherwise just ask using relevant sections.

Lwb vs Swb well space & parking are the maing issues space, you will have more in the Lwb giving you better storage with a camper conversion or more leg room depenging on your design.

Parking due to the extra length you will find that there wont be parking space big enough to take your van & you will always have a bit hanging out the bay.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 1.16 PM | Message # 21
Webmaster
Going off topic guys start a new one if you want buying advice thanks cool

Date: Tuesday, 31/Aug/10, 9.32 AM | Message # 22
Generalissimo
Ok Guys, the AA van is now on the market and available now. PM's please if you want his number.
Thanks, Chas.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 10/Sep/10, 9.23 PM | Message # 23
Generalissimo
This van has now been sold.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 11/Sep/10, 12.48 PM | Message # 24
Webmaster
For how much ? and new owner told of T4 Club i trust ...... cool

Date: Saturday, 11/Sep/10, 12.52 PM | Message # 25
Generalissimo
Ultimate offered him 2000 for it. Shame as I had quite a few pm's and mail about it but nobody came to view it.

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Members - T4 - T5 Sales » T4 for sale. (Sales.)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: