T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » T4 99-03 (T4 99-03)
T4 99-03
Date: Wednesday, 15/Feb/12, 6.53 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Hi guys

I'm new to the site and am really struggling to find a decent T4. I have been messed around by a guy on two ocassions when buying a T4 and am loosing the will. I have approx £5500 to spend, but would like to keep some of that back for a Rock n roll bed. Not bothered about colour, but would prefer a 2.5TDi.

I am based in South Wales and am willing to travel about 100 miles.

Date: Wednesday, 15/Feb/12, 11.30 PM | Message # 2
Major
Hi duffy & welcome smile

campervanventures.blogspot.com

Date: Thursday, 16/Feb/12, 0.25 AM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Welcome buddy to our happy home feel free to checkout our buyers information page

If you dont mind me saying only beimg willimg to travel 100mls may be your problem? i have before now traveled in excess of 400+ to buy the right one it pays dividends in the long run its highly unlikely you will find the right one on your doorstep (although i did with my second one) Ebay is full of them but again your going to need to travel sadly the popularity has overtaken the available examples with the bulk having already been converted as they are getting a bit old now as last ones were made late 03 thats fast approaching eight years ago now so no leased ones still out there which is where the bulk of the supplies did and in T5 twrms come from via leasing companies to auctions and on to convertion companies or you and i, the 2.5tdi is a good choice lots of torque and power undoubtibly but a well tuned tweeked 1.9td can be very close to as good all round without all the electricall gremlins and service costs really depends on how much your willing to do yourself in the way of servicing and as for a good mot compliant r/r bed £500 will buy you a really good cannons forge or scotbeds one no problems effectively leaving you £5k for the van itself which shouldnt present to many problems to source at that price where i live (in the NW Highlands of Scotland) many companies still use them with a great many in daily use so im sure if i wanted another i wouldnt have to many problems in sourcing one its really about beong willing to travel buddy thats all as your massively limiting your choices which i think you will find is your problem relent on that and im sure ypu will open up plenty more choices (we travelled to Cheshire from Glasgow for our first one making a weekend of it staying in a £19 a night travelogue room and relaxing before a big drive home)

Hope that helps anything else just ask ...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 16/Feb/12, 11.54 AM | Message # 4
Private
Admin, Thanks for your reply. I hear what you're saying and totally agree as most local sales want silly money for the condition of the van. I've got no problem paying top money for a van so long as it has some sort of service and timing belt history and it is not covered in rust or shoddy interior. I appreciate that with my budget I should not expect showroom condition, but I looked at an ex-AA van yesterday and the paintwork wasn't the best and the interior, well let's just say needed gutting and he wants 4 grand for an X reg.
I think I will take your advise and check the buying guide out and widen my net for looking.

Cheers again

Date: Friday, 17/Feb/12, 4.55 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Group: Admin
The big problem is the supply of non converted T4's just is no longer available due to thier popularity (you could very possibly get an early T5 for £5k these days but sadly below an 06 they were not as well built nor reliable as the ones afterwards an issue we are facing once again as the production of new T5's is being moved once again at 5k an 06 plate is very ambitious) what you MUST remember however is that without a doubt 98% of all UK T4's were company used vehicles and thus used mostly by a variety of drivers and we all know what company van drivers do with their vans dont we? its a challenge to find any these day let alone a good one values are rising daily as they did with the T3/T25's prior to the T4's its an age old problem caused by us making them so desirable a victim of their own success and then there is the bane of all VW related purchases where "scene tax" is applied it truly is worth travelling but make sure you have done your homework and research first a simple £3 text check is well worth investing in and if and when you find "the right one" get a FULL HPI check on it better being safe than sorry buddy.

My last a 95 2.0l petrol Autosleeper motorhome was probably my best one out of the 1.9/2.5 i previously owned the easiest to drive by far and the heaviest unladen but what i liked was the ability to throw it into 5th gear and leave it their it would then drive up hill and downhill no problem just for arguments sake it acheived a roughly constant 60mph (and easily up to 80 no problem) and a consistant 30+ mpg with a 2.5tdi acheiving realitically 35mpg and 80+ but with deisel dearer over the past few years it ended up being much of a muchness and if i were able to now drive one an older Caravelle petrol again possibly would be my prefered route as they are most often unmolested standard vehicles they are far cheaper and can be LPG converted for almost twice tje fuel ecomony making then end up as far better buys overlooked by most also easier to home service like driving my Audi estate in truth just a thought to further make your job harder smile also my bodywork guy did a bottom half respray for me whilst i owned it and commented that when he shotblasted it back to the bare metal he had seen 07 plate cars/vans with far worse rust as it had only minor pitting and no real rust my 2000 series 2.5tdi was far worse bodily as it had been a company van worth thinking about its previous life.

Good luck keep looking the right one is out there the challenge is for you to find it

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 17/Feb/12, 7.04 PM | Message # 6
Private
Quick update.
I went to look at one yesterday locally and struck a deal with the guy (more in his favour), but the van is stunning and has an excellent service history. 2.5TDi 88 bhp and it drives like a dream. I love it. Only thing is, there is some wear and tear and have had to replace bottom door runner on the side door, but it was only 20 quid. It is Estoril Blue (BMW), which was a complelte propfessional respray in and out, has 19" alloys, side doors both passenger and driver and barn doors (which I really wanted), blacked out windows. 107K on the clock.

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » T4'S - T5'S Wanted » T4 99-03 (T4 99-03)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: