T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Parts/Acc's For Sale & Wanted » aircon compressor required urgently
aircon compressor required urgently
Date: Thursday, 29/Apr/10, 7.28 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
has anyone a good secondhand aircond compressor they want to sell? drop me a pm or a note as I need one quickly as the van is on stands.

z

Date: Thursday, 29/Apr/10, 8.41 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Have you tried ebay

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Thursday, 29/Apr/10, 2.21 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Guest Members
I were going to suggest places like Euro car parts but even they want over £500 for one! Why are compressors still so expensive even in 2010.

I married an Alien.

Date: Friday, 30/Apr/10, 11.29 AM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I have a small one that is for my Nail gun bought with nail gun for £60 try trhe likes of B&Q and such like it deepens what you want it for i spose mine runs a tyre pump, spray gun, shultz gun, nail gun and various other tools.

With it only having a relatively small air reciever it simply means the motor is on longer but i doubt if you looked around you would have to pay £400 many palces do smaller ones as i say B&Q and other home shops like then, Halfrauds, Argos, Machine Mart do a large range and will post to you so are propably your bets bet chap..

Also worth a try is your local Freecycle group you just never know i have had many FREE items the latest of which is below

[What i am going to do with it i am not yet sure but it is in very good condition all said and needs only a light cover and one piece of wood]

Attachments: 7305214.jpg (34.6 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 30/Apr/10, 11.35 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Mchine Mart is good for stuff like that aswell

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 06/Jun/10, 8.09 PM | Message # 6
Private
Group: Members
I have an aircon compressor off a 2.5 PD AXD 174 engine , not sure if it is tha same

Date: Monday, 07/Jun/10, 2.50 PM | Message # 7
Major general
[quote=Admin]I have a small one that is for my Nail gun bought with nail gun for £60 try trhe likes of B&Q and such like it deepens what you want it for i spose mine runs a tyre pump, spray gun, shultz gun, nail gun and various other tools.
With it only having a relatively small air reciever it simply means the motor is on longer but i doubt if you looked around you would have to pay £400 many palces do smaller ones as i say B&Q and other home shops like then, Halfrauds, Argos, Machine Mart do a large range and will post to you so are propably your bets bet chap..[/quote]

Er, I thought that the OP wanted a compressor for the air con system on the van, not a workshop type air compressor that we use to pump up tyres and run air powered tools.

Anyone else read the post like that???

I married an Alien.

Date: Monday, 07/Jun/10, 7.15 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Obviously not seeing as how Rob answered first with Ebay ? and then with Machine Mart you are hardly likely to get VW parts in Machine Mart now are you?

However it could be a compressor for the vehicle as i have only ever driven a T4 then the onlky compressor both myself and my T4 buddies will know about would be as described also the original poster owns a T4 i am sure he will come back and clarify at some point though....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 07/Jun/10, 11.52 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
dry dry dry lol biggrin biggrin biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 08/Jun/10, 2.55 PM | Message # 10
Major general
[quote=Admin]Obviously not seeing as how Rob answered first with Ebay ? and then with Machine Mart you are hardly likely to get VW parts in Machine Mart now are you?[/quote]

I assumed Rob's first reply of 'Ebay' was to look for a VW aircon compressor, that and the fact that the OP stated "I need one quickly as the van is on stands." makes me think that it is the aircon pump.

Rob's second post mentioning Machine Mart came after yours which started on the other type of compressors. wacko

Please biker1, come back and end the confusion. biggrin

I married an Alien.

Date: Tuesday, 08/Jun/10, 3.21 PM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
Ok I admit it it was me biggrin its all my fault biggrin arrest me biggrin throw me in the corner biggrin Ill wear the Dunce Hat biggrin

I never read the Title correctly soz!

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 08/Jun/10, 6.13 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Ok Rob i will be your cell partner if thats ok at least we will be safe [if you get me]

10 yrs a piece that will teach us to read the titles won't it??? biggrin cool biggrin as i say in my defense your honournes was i wasn't aware that such a thing existed in a T4 and am not aware of any with AC ??? however it seems that they do in actual fact have Ac after all and it is highly likely that it was indeed an Ac compressor that is being sought, which sounds more likely having re-read the thread again... it does state aircond compressor it just isnt very obvious

A small note from Mods/Admins is to ensure any such posts are clear what it is the poster is seeking to avoid such misunderstandings

Date: Wednesday, 09/Jun/10, 2.38 PM | Message # 13
Major general
[quote=Admin]i wasn't aware that such a thing existed in a T4 and am not aware of any with AC ???[/quote]

I think the cost put a lot of buyers off of ticking that option on the extra's list, I only ever saw a couple fitted with AC at the dealership I worked at back in the early nineties.

I married an Alien.

Date: Saturday, 12/Jun/10, 3.07 PM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Apparently a lot of Caravelles had it as standard shows what i know then doesn't it however in my defence i only ever owned vans/or van conversions biggrin

Date: Saturday, 12/Jun/10, 7.05 PM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
John's T4 had it! I was confussed by the fact his van had no louvres in the back window, that was the explanation. Would other VW pumps fit? Probably more chance of finding one from a passat or an A4/A6, especially on ebay. Scrapyards probably a few on Volvos that are the same fittings. As with my alternator, always worth taking the old unit along to compare.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Saturday, 12/Jun/10, 7.06 PM

Date: Saturday, 12/Jun/10, 8.25 PM | Message # 16
Major general
I wish ours had AC, hopefully our next van will have it and a bigger more powerful engine. smile

I married an Alien.

Date: Sunday, 13/Jun/10, 4.02 PM | Message # 17
Webmaster
AC is good we have it in the car but we NEVER use it as it uses they reckon 10% more fuel

When the UK is never that hot why put your fuel bills up any higher unessesarily ruining the ozone layer in the process simply putting your window down in this country usually suffices biggrin cool biggrin even at its hottest..

We are apparently set for a cold, wet whats left of the summer so you wont need it this year a pointless extravagance in the UK however if touring abroad its a different matter granted

I cant see the point of paying £1,000's to have it fitted as its still not common place in most vans ...... and clearly the van buying public are with me as few have it as an extra when new, not even Police Dog vans have it fitted and are far more commonly now using large estate cars that have it fitted as standard

Date: Sunday, 13/Jun/10, 7.30 PM | Message # 18
Major general
[quote=Admin]AC is good we have it in the car but we NEVER use it as it uses they reckon 10% more fuel[/quote]

You should use it at least once every couple of weeks to circulate the pag oil that's in there to stop the seals etc drying out otherwise you will be looking at an expensive repair when it comes to re gassing the system.

I think myth busters disproved the theory of AC using more fuel than opening a window a few years ago now.

I married an Alien.

Date: Sunday, 13/Jun/10, 7.35 PM | Message # 19
Webmaster
TG and FG proved otherwise buddy as for the seals going dont care we dont kep em long enough to worry ALL my cars are in manufacturers warranty whilst i own them so its up to them to repair not me in 12 odd new cars we have owned ALL fittted with ac i have yet to have a single issue so that kind a smashed that myth and not one has been used EVER by us whilst we have owned them......

Date: Sunday, 13/Jun/10, 7.42 PM | Message # 20
Major general
[quote=Admin]as for the seals going dont care we dont kep em long enough to worry [/quote]

OK, fair enough.......but why get a vehicle with AC in the first place if you never use it? wacko

I married an Alien.

Date: Sunday, 13/Jun/10, 7.43 PM | Message # 21
Webmaster
Em coz all new cars come with dohhhhhhhhhh i dont have a choice basically ..... biggrin cool biggrin its now generally part of the haeter system so if i didnt have AC i wouldnt have a new car simple ass an extra you pay for whether you want to or not....

Date: Sunday, 13/Jun/10, 7.48 PM | Message # 22
Major general
[quote=Admin]Em coz all new cars come with dohhhhhhhhhh i dont have a choice basically[/quote]

You don't buy the 'basic' model then, they don't come with AC, I wish they did, I may have been tempted myself to buy a new car when the scrappage scheme was introduced.

I married an Alien.

Date: Monday, 14/Jun/10, 4.12 PM | Message # 23
Webmaster
Dont be silly my missus wouldn't drive a basic model in anycase i think you will find it is pretty much standard even in basic models now anyways as AC is generally part of the heating system rather than a seperate device like it used to be

Sadly there really is no way out unless you fancy driving a Panda or summit like it even Soviet block cars like Kia's have it now STANDARD which obviously raises the costs that we can not change as this is the way the manaufactures choose to build them stating when asked it's what their customers want, i would love to meet one of these spoof customers that were asked thank the lord for programmes such as Watch Dog - TG - FG that expose such things..

The Said Atastraphy - the pay off for my van surprised

Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister Richard Hammond For Transport Minister and off course James May for Green Party Chief in an ideal world surprised cool biggrin

Attachments: 1289860.jpg (82.2 Kb)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Parts/Acc's For Sale & Wanted » aircon compressor required urgently
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: