T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Parts/Acc's For Sale & Wanted » Wanted - T4 sills ("cannot find any")
Wanted - T4 sills
Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 11.49 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
cool I have a T4 caravelle with a bit of rot under the sliding door runner,I have tried to source a replacement but nobody seems to make one,does any one out there know where I can source this panel from,getting propperPi---d off with the situation now wacko

Message edited by Admin - Friday, 07/May/10, 12.23 PM

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 11.51 AM | Message # 2
Private
somebody out there must make the lower runner under sill cry

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 1.01 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Welclome Neiloh

have you tried all the usuall suppliers Euro parts, Vw, etc etc
or even conatcting a local bodyshop to see if they can source one from their suppliers.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 3.30 PM | Message # 4
Private
cheers Rob,phoned TPS,they say they probably have one for around £80.00+vat.

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 1.15 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
A bit steep me thinks but then if its a full sill then it will be quite big & you only need a bit of it so dont chuck the rest if you use it you may want it for a later date.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 12.27 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
It all depends on how bad it is as dougie says if its a small pacth then some mild steel off cuts from any engineering firm about 1.5mm thick will do & they will use only what they need.
From experiance what I mentioned earlier about cutting the sill up - this is exactly what a bodyshop will do but remember the insurance company will be paying for the part & not you.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 12.42 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Why would an insurance company be paying for it have i missed something i see no mention of any insurance company ??

What i was meaning was man hours are more expensive than parts buddy so in essense by cutting up a panel to fit would end up costing more than having the whole panel replaced i most certainly would not accept patches if mine ever needed such work it would definately be the whole panel or not at all the panel requires replacing due to rot rot is never confined to one area if the panel is rotted through anywhere on it then it is only a matter of time until it pokes its head through somewhere else the only way to solve rust, cancer, rot etc is to entirely cut it out hence patches simply do not work

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 1.20 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
I was just merely pointing out what happens in an accident repair centre as I did work in one for 2 yrs & beleive me it was an eye opener. cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 2.21 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Ah right couldnt work out where the insurance company was coming into it i understand now np biggrin

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 08/May/10, 2.21 AM | Message # 10
Private
Thanks guys,I`ve got an old t2 slider that I can cut and run the full lenght of the sill,
once again thanks for all you assistance cool

Date: Saturday, 08/May/10, 11.32 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant general
is it just the bit for the rubber, as that's just a z section and metal fabrication could fold you one , if it the full bit you need ill be cutting one up shortly, if its ok i could cut it out and send it to ya, cheers ray

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Sunday, 09/May/10, 1.56 AM | Message # 12
Private
cheers ray,keep me posted.Thanks,Neil.

Date: Sunday, 09/May/10, 1.23 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
Ray comes the the rescue once more biggrin I take it they dont do this panel then ?? in this event where does one get panels or do they as i suspected have to me fabricated....

Date: Monday, 10/May/10, 9.13 AM | Message # 14
Private
they actually do manufacture the panel(VW MAIN DEALER/TPS) in the region of £80.00+vat,so manufactureing one to fit appears to be the solution

Date: Monday, 10/May/10, 11.54 AM | Message # 15
Webmaster
I would of thought so but im not into patching so in my case if it were me i would be doing the whole length of it whatever part so it cant be seen, lets face it there is nothing worse than a sill we have all seen them that has big weldmarks all around a patch far better off in replacing the lot if as Ray says its the runner part thats what was replaced on my own bus and it was fabricated to suit and what a job without lying on the floor and looking with a magnifying glass you would never know it was not part of the original metal although mine was done for estetical reasons nor rust wise as it was all twisted causing the slider not to shut correctly it now shuts like a glove biggrin cool well worth the time and effort anyday .....

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Parts/Acc's For Sale & Wanted » Wanted - T4 sills ("cannot find any")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: