T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best model of T4
Total of answers: 242

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » Bak Rack (Luggage Rack)
Bak Rack
Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 12.14 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
On a search for an opional luggage rack that can be tow ball mounted I found This

Its a handy rack that can be fitted to the tow ball & allow you to carry goods/luggage on the rear of your vehicle in the arodynamic void thus saving you climbing on the roof & reducing fuel consumption.
Limiting factors are the design weight of your tow bar but the bak rack can carry up to one ton & by using some additional straps to tour rear doors you can theoritically increase this as long as the load is safe & secure.

Also a great way on increasing space withing your camper/bus & not reducing on the amount of gear you have to carry around (like the kithcen sink the misus packed)

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 1.48 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Members
thats cool just the job for the kids cars for the shows smile

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 4.37 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Cool idea and possibly just what i require for my new van as a pop top with a roof box isn't cool now is it ???

Box Rax images

I had been looking at this from Fiamma at a whacking great £300 surprised

Although the price is very high for the Fiamma one it has to be said the unload will from the Fiamma one would be a lot easier but not meriting 3 x the price surprised all i would want it for would be my garden chairs etc not sure the Rax box would be big enough though ???

Attachments: 7933625.jpg (2.8 Kb) · 7543861.jpg (3.1 Kb) · 4208241.jpg (2.5 Kb) · 0715071.jpg (16.7 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 0.34 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
You could always bag the chairs to keep em dry & use the frame option to secure them to the rack & finally add a chain & lock to stop someone wandering off with them cool
for me it could be a handy way of carting the tent about & extra storage if planning to sleep in van cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Friday, 23/Jul/10, 0.34 AM

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 11.59 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Indeed it could it would be nice to see a far larger one though - Chas is good at the old welding im sure having seen this design he could replicate something similar and sell em on to our members or for that matter Ray there is always playing about with firbeglass etc any ideas ?????

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 12.21 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Nip down the road get the ol salt box, paint it white & bolt it on the rack biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin just make sure the city logo disapears in the paint job biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 2.35 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Slight issue with the salt access point on the front ...... i thought of one of these outside storage boxes like thus

Attachments: 7006656.jpg (1.8 Kb)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » Bak Rack (Luggage Rack)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: