T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » 1.9 glow plug spanner ("uncertain if it fits plugs on five cylinder engines")
1.9 glow plug spanner
Date: Monday, 06/Dec/10, 2.41 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
1.9 glow plug spanner. (uncertain if it fits plugs on five cylinder engines)
Special glow plug spanner made by Laser Tools. This is a long double ended ratchet spanner designed for this very fiddly job. Part number las 3619, available at Halfords and many places on the net.

Manufacturers description - Double Offset spanner with 8mm/12mm ratchet heads and 300mm shaft. Ideal for removing glow plugs on Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Peugeot and Volkswagen

Find It Here

Typical Price: £10.86

Attachments: 1016459.jpg (4.0 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 09/Dec/10, 10.55 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Members
Here we go... Got my glow plug spanner today so time to get on with the job, or so I thought....

Looking at the engine from the front (ie with the bonnet up) the spanner should give you access to the two difficult to get to plugs behind the pump, that's the two left hand ones. Well, the crank on the end of the spanner is too great and you will only get access with this spanner if you move the injector pipes out ofthe way, so not much point buying the spanner, didn't make the job easier. I'm sure a long ratchet spanner would do fine for the job, but a straight one or one with a much gentler crank. So, I'm not impressed. I did the job with a flat combination spanner. The two right hand plugs can be got at with a 3/8 drive deep socket and short extention.

The job is very fiddly and long thin fingers help. but easily done in a couple of hours.

Bomber

I love the smell of bacon in the morning...

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » 1.9 glow plug spanner ("uncertain if it fits plugs on five cylinder engines")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: