T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » Stubby spanners at Aldi
Stubby spanners at Aldi
Date: Saturday, 08/May/10, 1.35 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Guest Members
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_14068.htm

At that price I think I'll buy a set, may just come in handy when working on the van.

I married an Alien.

Date: Saturday, 08/May/10, 10.27 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
the only advice I will give is dont expect snap on quality at that price personally I go for machine Mart, Draper, Snap On & even Halfords for my tools now, only when yoy get close will you know waht quality spanners they are.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 09/May/10, 1.47 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Agreed i have an almost full snap on set i have owned for now 20+ yrs since my own garage days, [ah distant fond memories of the many Minis i owned and worked on, that was so simple] i only ever had one breakage and that was really my fault not using one correctly, but it was replaced 8 yrs or so after buying with no reciept or proof by the travelling salesman local to where i then lived worth it alone..

I have them all on racks and go out and dust them occasionally, i am the laughing stock of my house on this you see i always wanted a full personal garage at home and now i have one with every conceivable tool, gadget and all that i never use i always hoped my son would take on my interest in cars but sadly he has no interest and has at 21 failed his theory test no less than 7 times so its doubtfull he will ever pass now, so it looks like my emporium will gather dust infenitum untill i am no longer here...

As for cheaper makes i have a few sets one i keep in my van always just incase which is a Halfrauds set that was a gift to me and a stubby set i think i also got from Aldi on a previous offer which have proved to be fine and exceptionally good for confined areas the only issue is due to the lack of length it is sometimes hard to get any decent purchase but admittedly have got me out of a few tight spots, the secret with cheap tools likes of the £1 shop, Aldi, Lidil type ones is not to over exerpt or use them and they will do fine if you want to work 24/7 with a tool it makes sense longterm to buy good quality in the first place ie Snap Ons or similar

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 09/May/10, 10.12 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Its always great to have some cheap tools for those nasty jobs & the ones that need some kind of modified tool biggrin
or just a plain simple wont come off bolt so ill hammer this ol spanne/socket on it & get it of jobby.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 11/May/10, 12.46 PM | Message # 5
Major general
Group: Guest Members
I didn't go there in the end, I found that the Halfords set I already have goes up to 19mm, for some strange reason I thought the biggest were a 13.

I only own one item from Snap on, that's a spanner that I found out in the street, lucky find that. biggrin

I guess that most of my tools are middle range, Halfords professional range is rated highly by certain mags, I've not had any problems with their socket set any way, although I'm not using them 24/7.

I personally have not had any tools from Lidl or Aldi break on me, for the price I don't think they are bad at all.

I married an Alien.

Date: Tuesday, 11/May/10, 4.09 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Ive got a few halfords socket sets & they are very nice & good quality indeed.

I also own a ratchet spanner set purchased from ebay supposidly with a lifetime guarantee & I was surprised at how good the quality was, I took em to show my mate who owns almost every snap on tool available & he even commented on how good quality they are.

So just goes to show that you dont need to spend big for quality but you have to keep your eye out just incase. cool

Rob. [Secretary]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Shopping Mall » Website/Ebay Finds » Stubby spanners at Aldi
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: