T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Community » Readers Rides » Milly lives - just! (My Windy Limo)
Milly lives - just!
Date: Wednesday, 29/Feb/12, 11.01 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Milly, as we call her, now lives! She is a 1991 VW T4 panel van which my wife and I are going to convert into a camper for a charity event in 2013 www.windy500.co.uk
After a few wet nights in the dark she is finally running, although 10mph in first gear, 20 mph in second, 30 mph in third, 40 mph in fourth and an amazing top speed of 54 mph! All the original junk has been removed and we are now researching the fitting of a hightop. Having some problems finding the right one at a sensible price so we are considering making one of our own. Lots to find out!
How do I put some photos on here?

' I haven't got a drink problem. I drink, I fall over. No problem! ' W.C Fields
www.windy500.co.uk
http://howardsawey.blogspot.com/

Message edited by Wolfman - Wednesday, 29/Feb/12, 11.05 PM

Date: Wednesday, 29/Feb/12, 11.38 PM | Message # 2
Major
Hi good luck with Millie!
To add pics go to attach file and select them and then post.

campervanventures.blogspot.com

Message edited by Freedom - Wednesday, 29/Feb/12, 11.40 PM

Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 3.38 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Hi Wolfman... up and running at last. It has been a while but you are getting closer now.
There is a company that advertises on ebay for High tops fitted for about six hundred quid, I'll see if I can find a link. I know Ray, one of our members, also does them up in Durham, not sure of his price but I would think a lot will fall in the 500 - 800 range.

As for pics, if you can resize them to 500k or less and do as Rob says above, you should have no problem. smile Hope to see the fruits of your labour soon.

Found the ebay link...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm....2wt_986

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 10.28 PM

Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 4.42 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Ditto or send your images to us at t4club@live.co.uk [or to Rob one of us will post them for you no probs]

Nice to hear its going well Rays roofs were about 600 when i asked a little over a year ago?? worth asking him making one really isnt an opotion unless your very skilled search members for Ray365 and PM him tell him Dougie at T4Club UK told your to do so biggrin i am sure he will look after you ...... Its NOT a cheap extra sadly with POP TOPS being the favourite But upwards of 5 times dearer your making the right choie for sure.... cool (much much warmer also]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 7.54 PM | Message # 5
Major
Im interested in getting a pop top fitted at mo, have heard the guy on ebay dosn't fit a strenghthening frame for that price. Dunno if this is right!

campervanventures.blogspot.com

Date: Thursday, 01/Mar/12, 9.03 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Chas has just had one fitted by the sounds of it HERE check it out he wont spash out unless its worth it biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 02/Mar/12, 0.20 AM | Message # 7
Private
Thanks for the picture download info. Will do that.
I have found the Cordoba Leisure chap on ebay. I have been in touch with him and the high top in question has a step down at the back which will be a problem for our layout. Another chap did say they could ship one in from Germany, an Ergoline which is more the style I want, it would cost an additional £1000 for shipping. I have sent a lot of emails and have only a few replies.
Couldn't find Ray on here - perhaps I am not in the right section. Will look again.

' I haven't got a drink problem. I drink, I fall over. No problem! ' W.C Fields
www.windy500.co.uk
http://howardsawey.blogspot.com/

Date: Saturday, 03/Mar/12, 9.29 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Members at top of page search Ray365 you will find him a pop top will cost you easily between 2.5k & 3.5k depending on which one you got and some your right DONT FIT THE STRENTHENING FRAME its extra to, as is the bed boards Chas's Remio being top of the top would be Circa £500 for the bed alone and upwards of likely £3k for the poptop your not looking hard enough my friend their was a good few making them when i was looking Rays got the moulds etc at his place search our members list (i cant do it from my Ipad! or search our image albums for Degzies van that in some images has one of Rays roofs on it) i knew the roof ypu wanted wasnt available and lwb roofs that drop at the rear are just swb with a roof rack essentially not LWB roofs it should be noted i did a page on Rays business in our old community i shall see if i can find a link to it for you buddy smile

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 03/Mar/12, 9.33 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
your link is Rays page hope that helps a bit smile

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Community » Readers Rides » Milly lives - just! (My Windy Limo)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: