T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » LPG Conversio.
LPG Conversio.
Date: Saturday, 21/Mar/09, 9.24 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Members
Well guys, is this the "Must have for 2009" whats your opinon, do any of you have it, is it worth the expensa?? Lets have your comments please.

Stew

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 9.25 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant general
Group: Members
not sure, when they first started of giving grants out, they had frozen the tax on it, but now its not and it will start creeping up i think, form what i heard its not that clever shortens the life of the vehicle, but don't know how true it is, in my eyes leave it as it is they are not that bad if you drive sensible, and regularly service, but that's just my thoughts

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Sunday, 22/Mar/09, 7.15 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
My friend had a 1978 Volvo 240 fitted with gas in 1978 2.0 pertol version as until relatively recently Volvo didn't do diesels.
Which was good cheap to run, but little gas coverage for filling up, wore the needles in your carb as no upper cylinder lub and a honking great gas tank, which you can't go in the chunnel with :'( then in a camper where would you put it unless able to replace the diesel tank which is not a good idea i don't think as the whole point would to be able to choose which was the cheapest to run on, i suppose from a cooking heating point it could be worth it mind ???

If it were me i certainly WOULDN'T fit one to my current T4 as it's alraedy built and space is already at a premium although if i ever get teh chance to do my dream custom build i wish for everyday i might as central heating would be a major boon to me with my health, on top of the fact i would be able to hide, postion it far better / easier

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » LPG Conversio.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: