T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

How low is yours
Total of answers: 216

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » Rising cost of fuel to £1.20 a ltr ("yip its right guys")
Rising cost of fuel to £1.20 a ltr
Date: Friday, 09/Apr/10, 6.46 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin

Guys
We are in the grip of more fuel hikes all over again help to get your voice heard add your comments/name to the lists

Fuel Protest UK

Attachments: 3442151.jpg (3.6 Kb) · 8451985.jpg (6.9 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 09/Apr/10, 9.47 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Great find added my name & invited all my freinds to join

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Saturday, 10/Apr/10, 10.58 AM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Good man it is an important thing and a stand i simply believe we really need to take, this government have to understand they are pushing us far to far.

In our case on a normal weekly business/work commute that my missus used to do each and every week from here to Glasgow [ish] roughly 40 mls return trip everyday amounting to a weekly rise in fuel alone of around £5 a week let alone insurance and tax hikes on top NOT ACCEPTABLE....we still need to live, eat and stay warm........all risen likewise the knock on effects are simplt staggering.

Prices have hit a record average of £1.20p a litre and industry experts have warned the price could rocket to £1.50p this summer due to the weak pound and increased cost of wholesale fuel.

A few quotes from the weekend Rags.....

1 - When these "I have done nothing wrong" MPs (expenses etc.) have priced everyone,-- apart from the very rich off the road where are they going to get the money from to line their pockets? Will an election make any difference? No they are all the same , most of them went to university to learn the "trade" at OUR expence not like students of today who leave university with huge debts.

2 - In 1776 a war was started by British citizens against their own government because of unreasonable and unfair taxation. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

3 - Coming back from Bath on the M5 on Easter Saturday, I paid 128.9p a litre at a Shell station. I put a tenners worth in!

4 - Hauliers should protest & other car van drivers should not drive for a week this would do more harm then driving down the motorway BRING THE COUNTRY TO A STOP.

The Papers Say.......

Petrol tax rises since December 2008 have now added around 10p to the cost of a litre.

RAC motoring strategist Adrian Tink said: 'This is a dark day for motorists. Petrol prices have been rising steadily over the past year and have now reached the inevitable record high.

'In some areas motorists will be paying close 131.9p a litre for petrol.'

He added: 'With the election campaign now in full swing, Britain's hard-pressed motorists will be keen to hear what the political parties have to say about the escalating petrol prices.
'This is a key issue for motorists, who are watching their bank accounts drained every time they fill up.'

The AA said a two-car family had seen its monthly petrol costs rise from £233.32 to £254.60.

AA public affairs head Paul Watters said: 'For many drivers, today's record price underlines what they already know - the cost of petrol is becoming increasingly unsustainable.

'Comments from retailers confirm research from the AA showing that two-thirds of its members are cutting back to compensate for soaring petrol prices.'

I Say.........
That not only has every single service i use risen insurance policies with NO CLAIMS of for + 10 yrs have risen on average 10% my house insurance with no claims EVER has risen a staggering 13% whist even a loaf of bread will rise very soon if this doesn't stop we have to act and act en-masse this time no more soft touch Britian, no more scared to say what we feel, no more nandy pandy, let someone else do it for us, each and every British Citizen [and those just living here] have to now Stand And Be Counted !! Stand And Take Part In Any Polls !! and Protest At Any Rally You Can !!! let these so called caring, sharing politicians with "expense" accounts know with absolute certainty that those of us that don't have such luxuries, those of us who are normal everyday inhabitants of our fair isle can not and more importantly WILL NOT accept this again......

I as a rural resident we feel this sort of thing far worse than many town inhabitants, we are willing to not use our car for a week are YOU ??? we are willing to protest openly are YOU ??? can you imagine the power every UK based oil company has over our government if let's say our citizens i.e u and i laid down ALL our vehicles for just one week in our lives can you even begin to imagine the lost revenue that would amount to for the likes of Shell, BP, Jet and all the rest, they would have to act and act exceptionally rapidly........If the trucker truck & blocking our motorways as they do and do so very well, very organised and exceptionally effectively we need to do our bit and that is the most effective law a biding way we can react to this crippling rise....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 10/Apr/10, 11.13 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
I saw something I havent seen for yearsd & it lased at least a week. My local Bp had put the price of petrol higher than diesel by a penny & then they leveled out & stayed the same.

Last time I saw that was back early in the 90s

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 10/Apr/10, 11.42 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Yeah usually deisel is around 10p dearer than unleaded ?? which is never good news for us van drivers is it with most vans being deisels.

Someone in some sort of authority MUST take desisive action and quick, i don't know how many more of these types of situations us UK folk will endure before mass revolt is the only result than can follow, how many more time can we be treated in this way we have almost the highest Tax and such rates worldwide and for what?? is it any wonder many are leaving and going to live elsewhere.....if i could i now think i would for sure...

Date: Sunday, 11/Apr/10, 0.13 AM | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Members
It's been around 120p around here for a while now. Went down at our local Morrison's yesterday to 118p for diesel. Anyone ever tried Morrison's bio diesel?

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Sunday, 11/Apr/10, 12.27 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
No can't say as i have i wasn't even aware they were doing it?? will look into that though

Date: Sunday, 11/Apr/10, 7.07 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Look out for Apple service stations 1.17 a litre.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 11/Apr/10, 7.52 PM | Message # 9
Major general
Group: Members
Never seen a Apple Service station. Must be like the old spot ones that you used to see in villages.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Sunday, 11/Apr/10, 8.49 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
I cant find a website for them but they are called Apple Green & offer 2 prices for fuel, Normal price but @ a reduced rate & a Discounted price if you buy a car wash aswell, they have only recently sprung up so ive only seen a few about.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 12/Apr/10, 6.38 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
So Were out in Scotland them i suppose as always wacko

Date: Saturday, 24/Apr/10, 8.42 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
were past 1.20 here Ive seen prices vary from 120.9 to 124.9 in only a space of a few hundred yards.
One Bandp went from 1.20.9 to 124.9 in 1 day thats a jump of 4pence.

What a rip the cheapest place here now is Tesmos still @ 120.9 but how long will that last.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 25/Apr/10, 1.02 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
I seriously think we are in for a rough ride here guys

Gov probably about to change so why would anyone care what we are being charged they are far to interested in spending fortunes on ad campaigns to cram in as many lies as possible in a party political broadcast to try and win out votes after all....

£1.50 a gallon is now a reality beware its coming annalysts say it will be reality prob mid May time lets hope not.....

Date: Sunday, 25/Apr/10, 7.52 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
pulled into South Mims (MSA) Services today with an almost empty 450 litre tank Omg 130.0 for derv ok so its a msa well still filled up & handed over my necter card aswell 290 litres later & £300s worth of points on my card nice biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 10/May/10, 11.28 AM | Message # 15
Generalissimo
Just a word of warning Facebook organising a refinery blockade

31 may 07:55 to 7 june 23:55 @ Stanlow

Im not sure what effect it will have or even if they will get to complete their blockade.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 10/May/10, 11.50 AM | Message # 16
Webmaster
These blockades are all fine and well but personally i wouldn't get involved unless they are correctly marshalled and organised bu a recognised body, as it is simply a recipe for absolute disaster and getting oneself charged with insighting a riot or similar

Whilst i am all for protesting about such wholly unfair charging i think one advertised upon Facebook could and possibly would attract a lot of totally deliberate provocateurs there to cause nothing but trouble..........i might be wrong we will see what goes down after the date

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » DVLA/ Legalities / Fuel » Fuel » Rising cost of fuel to £1.20 a ltr ("yip its right guys")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: