T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is best A T4 - T5 - T5.5/6
Total of answers: 178

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Website & Forum Issues » Off topic section
Off topic section
Date: Wednesday, 16/Dec/09, 7.56 PM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Guest Members
How about having an 'off topic section' on the forum where you can post threads about anything say even non vehicle related?

Ok, there are games,law sections etc.

I wanted to ask you guy's about Googles Chrome browser, anyone using it, is it any good etc but I'm not sure which section if any I should post it in?

I married an Alien.

Date: Thursday, 17/Dec/09, 11.36 AM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Earthman good suggestion but that is what the lounge is for cool where absolutely anything is able to be discussed hence me moving this thread there

In answer to your query i use IE and always have done with the resuly i have never even thought oif using any other browsers, the guys who supply our bandwidth and set up for our community suggest it is best viewed on Motzilla whatever that is ??? it takes me all my time to keep up with what ive got, i may give teh iollusion of whowing what i'm talking about but i don't really in reality i'm still learning to do all this myself, only really started self teaching myself last Feb when i started this community unbelivable i know but i did and it is a learning curve everyday keeping this lot going let me tell you cool

In my experience most thing provided free of charge by any BIG organisation likes of Google, MSN and such like is solely to bombartd you with advertisisng and for no other real purose other than that, and they tend to be far to complex to understand to boot:
Take Vista which i run on this computer which is trash when compared to the likes of XP which was and is totally stable where as Vista is not it may look better, do odd things better yet overall i have had far and away more problems with it than on my now 10 yr old lappy that runs XP or indeed my old computer that ran it i only changed as my computer harddisk failed and it was time to upgrade it as i now use my desktop daily most of everyday to admin this and other websites i look after...otherwise if it aint broke don't fix it kind of mentality has served me well in the past with many thing...my fathers computer i look after still runs Win 98 he knows how to use it and is happy with its slower way of operating so i in consequence thing it is horses for courses some HAVE to have teh newest gadgets some don't and i am one who is happy with it all the way it is and wished mr Bill Gates would slow down a bit and give us all a chance to get used to what we have before being bombarded with new stuff all the time... for now i will suffer unhappily Vista and wait for a while longer to see what Win 7 ends up being like

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 17/Dec/09, 5.50 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Guest Members
Ah, so it's the lounge, silly me, I over looked that one.

I am more use to using IE to be honest, I have also got the Firefox browser loaded (Motzilla is the same thing I believe) and more often than not when a website does not work via IE it does on Firefox.

It seems a common problem, Mr Gates can not make a decent browser, all versions of IE seem to hang at some time, fed up with it closing all the tabs that were open and sending off reports etc that basically never result in a proper solution to fixing the problem.

I married an Alien.

Date: Friday, 18/Dec/09, 12.32 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Yip likewise consider if you will i am on this computer from usually 10am right through to 4pm and sometimes longer beavering away keeping this lot running and ever other hour or so it shuts down on me for absolutely no reason.
Which is really annoying when you have written a whole page, and it for no reason it decides to shuts down on you, loosing that page completely.Remembering of course with web authoring of then type i do here i am working on live webpages making it even more infuriating if i have lets say just written a whole sequence of html and it goes down, i really need to source an alternative soon before i go crazy cool [or should that be crazier wacko ]

Fortunately i pre write in old fashioned pen and ink all my work anyways but i still loose several minutes in typing on average about i would hazard a guestimate at about at leat an half hour of work a day, which doesn't sound a lot i know, but mulitipy that by 6 days a week is 3 hrs multiply that by a month is 12hrs you see where im going with this, it equates to a lot of lost time, energy and my patience as it happens so regularly, and is wholly unable to be overcome..
Half an hour out of usually an 6 hr day is not a very good % really for what is acclaimed to be THE BEST

On top of which i have the Vista gremlin that is also not repairable that i am aware of where by everytime i shut my computer down my flash just disappears into thin air, and has to be reinstalled each time i need to use it, as does Shockwave i have posted on Adodes site and still await an answer reading their posts i am not the only one it would appear with this problem though which as yet has not found a cure....

To anyone considering installing Vista DONT wait until Windows 7 is a bit more stable and some of its gremlins are ironed out, my lappy running on XP is far more stable and in several years has never let us down NOT ONCE my main computer i am currently using has been reinstalled 6 times in as many months due to complete failures all my main data is held in data storage on an external hardrive and only used when required and immediately re backed up fortunately so my machine runs bare with no stored material to keep it as fast as is possible, which is just as well really or i would have lost the lot serveral times over, which is far from good, i think you would agree...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Website & Forum Issues » Off topic section
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: