T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Website & Forum Issues » Welcome our new ("Club Secretary")
Welcome our new
Date: Tuesday, 04/May/10, 5.55 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Well folks the votes have been counted the decision made and we as of 1/5/2010 have a Club Secretary in the form off

RS ROB

Rob i am sure you will all alreay know from his posts throughout our forum excepting Chas and myself he has been the most enthusiastic member we have had in a long time, lets hope he can fullfill his post with as much passion and comitment as both Chas and I do if so we should be heading for better times..

I am sure he will be along shortly to take a bow and to tell us what he can bring to move our community onwards and upwards, so without any further ado please give him a big T4 -T5 Club welcome salute salute1 salute2

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 04/May/10, 6.20 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Thanks Dougie I will off course do my upmost for our community/club cool

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 04/May/10, 6.28 PM | Message # 3
Major general
Group: Members
Congratulations.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Tuesday, 04/May/10, 6.30 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Thanks Jim

forgot to mention You can all contact me via email on vwt4t5club@googlemail.com feel free.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 04/May/10, 6.54 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Nice one mate. We'll have to adopt a funny handshake at BVF. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Tuesday, 04/May/10, 6.56 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Sounds Good Chas mate biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 05/May/10, 3.58 PM | Message # 7
Major general
Hi Dougie,
Do you intent publishing the results of the ballot?
I remember asking you this previously following the ballot some weeks ago. I think your comments were something to the effect that there was only 2 or 3 candidates and the voting was somewhat to be desired.
I think as members we should publish the results for all to see. Can't have folk thinking there's a "closed shop" in the club.

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!
http://stewnjo.blogspot.com

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 11.15 AM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Not at all Rob's Placement was nothing to do with the original ballot i was mere makeing light of the fact that we had no real response to the ballot in my first sentence sorry if i misled you or anyone else on this wacko

Rob was picked as it says due to his continued involvment as a member our ethos ehere has always from day one been to reward in anyway we can those who participate and thus keep the club moving forward hence why you, yourself were offered this post but declined our kind offer.

I am convinced that under Chas, myself & Rob this group now has a fighting chance of growing into a far better useable resource for all.

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 1.12 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
"I dont wanna tread on anyones toes know" any Issues then please air them now the last thing I want is anybody thinking theres a koo going on or its a fix, I was totally shocked when Dougie offered me the position & explained why the postion was'nt filled.
Any concerns then plaese let them be heard.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 06/May/10, 11.54 PM | Message # 10
Major general
surprised Strange Dougie, I thought that one of the positions in the original ballot was for secretary. Now you're saying that Robs election was nothing to do with the original ballot??? So I can only conclude that there was no intention to honour the results of the ballot. So why bother in the first place?? Doesn't appear to be very democratic Dougie !! sad sad

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 0.04 AM | Message # 11
Major general
I didn't even see the ballot.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 1.06 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
The reason the original ballot wasnt used is just that it wasnt used so we were left having to pick from those we already knew and who were working hard for our community i seriously dont see what all the fuss is about .....

The original idea of getting the members to vote was almost ignored by our members all votes are plain to see in said thread if you bother to read them clearly certain members haven't simple as that there is nothing underhand or secretly happening this is getting rapidly blown out of all preportions for no apparent reasons basically what happned for those who dont know was thus....

Stew was originally offered this posistion as he was at the time the longest standing member we had next to myself and Chas as Chas was already acting as Social Secretary it want fair to add more to his workload as he has a full-time job also, so i then decided to put up a "vote" thread which was on the whole largely ignored by most so i had to think again it really is that simple, as when Stew decided to sell his T4, and essentially spend most of his time in France it quickly became apparent that we needed to look again a simple look at the post counts will answer any queries now as our opening statement will verify this community was set up as a fair community this like every other matter has been dealt witrh as fairly as possible in the circumstances if members are happy to sit there and post occasionally but take no material part in the running of the group so be it all this means is decissions have to be made without them.....

It might be worth pointing out here again to those who claim they didnt see a voting thread if you use the "new messages" tag above you couldnt possibly miss it as all new messages appear there when posted also it was mentione din a few of our newsletters at the time which are posted on the front page and stored in our archive afterwards if members choose not to read threads or newsletters there is little we as admins can do to make them, every thing that is done here is with as many members interests at heart as many as can be bothered to take part that is we would stagnate if we were to wait on every members opinion..

Rob worry not there was nothing underhand about my offer to you it was made simply for the reasons stated Chas, You and I are the ones going to all the meets, promoting this group everywhere we go, and relentlessly daily posting on our boards without which we wouldnt exist, these are the people we have to ensure maintain this level of participation......

If there is any sensible reasons why Rob should not be our Secretary please do let us know i will be more than willing to look at these however so far there seems to be a storm blowing over nothing here...

Nit-picking helps no one as i say if you want to be part of the running of this community several attempts have been made previously to get members more involved all of which have come to nothing if however we have missed some how anyones communications in this regard feel free to send them to us again at the usual address t4club@live.co.uk

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 1.29 PM | Message # 13
Major general
Don't take it to heart Dougie, it was just a request to publish the results of the earlier ballot, as I assumed you would. I asked for this following your announcement about Rob. Seems only reasonable that members should be aware, so they know who to contact. As for Rob position that's fine by me I don't have a problem I wish him well.

Stewart & Joan
Living the Dream!!

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 1.57 PM | Message # 14
Webmaster
I repeat once again read the thread it is all there in black and white noone is hiding anything

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Website & Forum Issues » Welcome our new ("Club Secretary")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: