Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Promontional Ideas (Banners, Posters, Design Ideas)
Club Promontional Ideas
Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 1.30 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
As a club we need some good Ideas to promote ourselves weather Banners, A4 posters, Leaflets etc so Id like to know if anybody has any ideas that will help us get noticed or if anyone is good with putting pen to paper, mouse to paint etc.

Please note these ideas require us to put them together for minimal cost preferably free as we are a non profit community.

We have our club logos sorted & buisiness cards sorted at the moment so lets see what else we can come up with.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 8.33 AM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
We need a banner/flag for our club stand. I've got the VW flag and can get a pole. I suggest we add something to it when we post camp at three counties next month to identify us from a distance. I also have three hats which is the result of a mistake by the hat johnny but worked in our favour. biggrin
If Mand (or you being PC) can embroider us onto the flag I can send it to you. Otherwise it'll be permanent marker on the day.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 9.36 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Hmm I did notice on a search this morning that either pc world or staples sell transfer paper for making your own Iron on T-Shirt prints - That could work on your flag. me thinks.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 11.31 AM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Well what can i say apart from looks as if our new appointee is already working hard...

Your transfer paper idea will work no issues i have used it before good stuff i probably have some here as well biggrin somewhere [see ive always been a cheap skate biggrin ] anyway so long as you keep the design lettering ?? simple it will be fine and do not intend washing it or bending to much it will work well, [we did teashirts well polo shirts actually which are made froma rougher material and it lasted being washed several times but i wouldnt recommend that flat materials should be fine as mine were put on by a commercial presser]

Note - to maintain your flag in tip top condition i would suggest rolling it up rather than folding it up always that way it will not crack the essentially stuck on transfer

As for banners i have seen them for £30 odd must look again and see what i can come up with i did say i would sort this out and i will, the big issue is that they really need to be with Chas & You Rob as i am so far out here and will fessibly not get to "every" meet by virtue of both time, expense and mileage even when my bus is completed at least not this nor next yr untill some of the new bus is paid for and we still have teenage drama queen issues.....i will do a bit of investigation work and get back to you.....

I reiterate and suggest that Rob you take a look at VIstaprint they really can not be beaten and supply a good quality item each and everytime i have used them several times for different things our current design of calling card is from them also....but they do evberything in 1's which is ideal for us right now

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 12.24 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Righto Dougie Ill have another nose at the vista print site, Ive got my calling cards same design as the one you gave me at greizdale with my trophy smile 500 insted of 250 for free cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 12.46 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
told you they were good value its more they do everything and in 1's surely this has to be the ideal suppliers it makes no difference to us as a club where anything is suuplied from i simply think it would be easier is all then we all end up with identical kit

Good man i suggest every owner/member gets themselves a set of bus cards the same as yours mine and Chas's and places them on every T4/T5 seen when shopping or out and about which defiantely works in gaining interest for little outlay...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 1.17 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
They will be lined up accross the vans at Malvern for visitors to take away with them along with hopefully other promotional gear. cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 07/May/10, 2.02 PM | Message # 8
Major general
Group: Members
If you want banners making have a look on ebay. There are a few companies that sell them cheap. You just send them a copy of your logo and what writing you want on it. My uncle got a big one made the other year for less than 20£.

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 9.16 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Ok guys I really do need some help here Im trying to design a leaflet for us to use at malvern & other shows may sound easy to some but as I failed my art class the only design im good at comes served up on a plate I should have been a chef & not a lorry driver.
So anyways Im racking my brain & trawling through all my ms software to see what I can come up with & so far ive got a rough idea of a 4 page (folding a4) leaflet with logos & pics.
so what I want from you guys is to send me any pics you have of your T4 & T5 for the use of this leaflet please.

Pleas send them to vwt4t5club@googlemail.com

Thanks

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 14/May/10, 10.54 PM | Message # 10
Major general
Rob once you get the pics and that. Send something to me and ill add a bit of colour to it for you. As long as its not on MS publisher. (I don't have publisher in my ms office)

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 0.07 AM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
cheers jim

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 10.34 AM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Rob, Rob Rob dont want to pee on your parade buddy but full colour 4 fold leaflets are expensive to have printed ??? not sure this is the route to go down buddy......our banners will be in full colour our cards are in colour the leaflets are a throw away item so why go to any great expense i will draft something in a while to show you what would be best and offer some guidance cool

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 10.52 AM | Message # 13
Generalissimo
gave up on after 5 minutes playing with it biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 11.12 AM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Something like the effort below giving clear and concise information without being fussy etc which was created in WORD cool

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 11.15 AM | Message # 15
Webmaster
T4 - T5 Club UK

www.t4club.co.uk - www.t5club.co.uk

The UK's newest fastest growing social community for likeminded Volkswagen T4 and T5 Transporter owners, drivers and enthusiasts alike, a growing wealth of knowledge in the making presented in a friendly sociable and equal manner, through a 120 page website, lively forum and events throughout the country throughout the year, surpassing all expectations to provide the community all Transporter owners crave and 100% FREE, welcoming owners of all models and years worldwide to join us both on and offline or at one of the many events we attend..

Admins line up Windemere 09

This entire community has a friendly happy ethos about it where every member is an equal, where every member is expected to muck in and help, to provide the finished product we are so happy to say is our home, operated by owners and enthusiasts just like you all with a common interest in sharing information, help and guidance where possible.

We supply many things to our on and off line members from totally Free content and membership, Free trade and private advertisisng in our foums and Shopping Mall feature, alongside many user accessible areas to add details, images and information adding to our growing knowledge library.
Why not add your vehicle to our "Hall Of Fame" or "Readers Rides" features simply by emailing us simple details imortalising it forever, our image galleries, forum and other areas only grow due to our members continued support, we encourage all members to take an active part in growing "Their" community, all in all we are steadily growing into a very worthwhile resource with your help the sky is the limit.

Join us today only at www.t4club.co.uk or www.t5club.co.uk where off course a warm welcome awaits

Operated by likeminded T4 and T5 owners and ethusiasts for likeminded T4 and T5 owners and ethusiasts

Contact -- Secretary - vwt4t5club@googlemail.com -- General - t4club@live.co.uk -- Advertising - vwt4@live.co.uk

Maintained by www.volkswagen-transporter.co.uk
Attachments: 8273822.png (34.8 Kb) · 6569271.jpg (22.5 Kb)

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 11.45 AM | Message # 16
Major general
I think you should set up some t4club e-mail address. Because @googlemail and live.co.uk makes it look cheap. You must have some with the www.T4club.co.uk and T5club.co.uk domains that you bought Dougie. So it'll be Secretary@T4club.co.uk Dougie@T4club.co.uk

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 4.23 PM | Message # 17
Webmaster
If we were a business i would be worried Jim as a club/community i doubt it really matters but shall look into it....

The main reason i didnt do it before was 1 cost and 2 i would need to do it for both clubs as we own t4 club.co.uk t5club.co.uk and volkswagen-transporter.co.uk apartm from about a dozen others all leading to the main page making it all to much of a headache most communities such as this use addresses much like ours.....apart from t4club@live.co.uk etc is short and easy to remember

Anyone else got any thoughts on this ....

Ps we also make regular use of vwt4@live.co.uk & vwt5@live.co.uk for submissions etc all off which including my persoanl emails and other sites i operate meaning i monitor reply and write for 18 different e-mails phew biggrin

Date: Tuesday, 18/May/10, 7.30 PM | Message # 18
Major general
I've come up with this. Just can't think what to put on it.

Attachments: 3977903.png (80.2 Kb)

Date: Wednesday, 19/May/10, 1.01 PM | Message # 19
Webmaster
Nice ok add something like what i have done above and lets see what that looks like biggrin send me a copy so i get a chance to see an original if you see what i mean

Date: Thursday, 20/May/10, 10.52 PM | Message # 20
Major general
Anyway I've had a new idea. Remember those car sun strips with peoples name's on them. Well you can get them made on eBay with what ever you want. So you could have both the VW club logos on it.

Date: Friday, 21/May/10, 12.44 PM | Message # 21
Webmaster
Yip indeed a great way of advertising my own concern is i feel they look tacky, very 1980's you know sort of HIM HER or Stew SHIRLEY sort of on an old Capri Ghia but if otther wish to have then then feel free, at the end of the day any advertising is good advertising in my book, you can have the club logos in 4ft high sticky form on either side if you wish biggrin biggrin

My personal fav is still on a bonnet bra its just how to get it done in low volume and cheaply enough is my issue i am still searching, if any of my fellow membs can source a low volume screen printer who would be willing to take this task on i would be olbiged for that information thx

Date: Tuesday, 22/Jun/10, 11.46 PM | Message # 22
Generalissimo
ok it took me a while but tonight but I eventually got there

here is my proposed flyer taking all the details from the above posts
Unfortunalty what you cant make out on this scanned image is the hard work Jim has done (all credit due) to create the background picture so youll have to see above to get the idea of the full effect.

Ive taken Dougies post edited it & altered the txt size to fit & hey presto after a lot of fuming here it is.

Attachments: 5500773.png (258.6 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Tuesday, 22/Jun/10, 11.54 PM

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 2.03 PM | Message # 23
Webmaster
Yip its fine if it were me one small critic is imortalised is spelt with a s not a z as you currently have it and all wording should be left aligned other than that bravo you might want to shrink the image of the vans a bit and leave more space so it doesnt look so cramped at the bottom....

Make the nessesary changes run off a couple off hundred b/w versions and we should be onto a good un - well done you ...... biggrin cool

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 4.16 PM | Message # 24
Generalissimo
Thats what the spell checker fixed not me surprised

Alternativly to give more space i can crop the pic to this

Attachments: Alternative_ima.bmp (108.2 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 4.26 PM

Date: Wednesday, 23/Jun/10, 4.45 PM | Message # 25
Generalissimo
?????????????????????
Attachments: 3143080.png (215.1 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Administration » Opinions » Club Promontional Ideas (Banners, Posters, Design Ideas)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: