T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » VOLKSWAGEN CAMPERS RECOGNISED AT AWARDS CEREMONIES ("T5 Hails supreme")
VOLKSWAGEN CAMPERS RECOGNISED AT AWARDS CEREMONIES
Date: Wednesday, 03/Feb/10, 6.45 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Two motorcaravan magazines have officially recognised the Volkswagen California campervan and the Transporter van base vehicle in their annual awards.

The Which Motorcaravan Awards 2010 voted the new Volkswagen California the Best Multi-purpose Motorcaravan. In addition, a Volkswagen campervan conversion by Bilbo’s was officially nominated in the same category, while the new Transporter van was also a runner-up in the Base Vehicle Category.

Meanwhile, the MMM 2010 Awards from Motorcaravan Motorhome Monthly gave the California Highly Commended status in its Small Motorhome/Camper category, saying it was ‘the ultimate Volkswagen campervan’.

With its electric pop-up roof, the Volkswagen California is the perfect multi-purpose vehicle that can be used for every day commuting or for weekend breaks or longer escapes. It is car-like to drive, yet quickly transforms from car to campervan with two double beds and fully equipped kitchen with sink, cooker and fridge.

‘It’s not just the way the California looks or drives that makes it a winner,’ said Peter Vaughan, Editor, Which Motorcaravan magazine. ‘Much of what makes the California great will be common to any conversion of the latest T5 Transporter. No, it’s the detailing that makes the California special.

‘Throughout, the California feels beautifully executed – from the way the blinds are concealed to the thorough automotive trim around the windows and roof aperture. Volkswagen even hides a couple of folding outdoor chairs on the inside of the tailgate and an outdoor table inside the sliding door which has electric latching so you don’t have to slam it like the campers of old. Class. Sheer class,’ he continued.

The new Volkswagen California includes new-look frontal styling and upgraded dashboard instruments, more efficient and cleaner common rail turbodiesel engines, with, for the first time, the option of a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission, and new safety features including a daytime running function for the headlights.

The California range starts from £39,950 or from £399 a month with 4.9 per cent APR (typical) plus deposit and optional final payment. For full details, or to find your nearest Volkswagen Van Centre, visit www.vwescape.co.uk or call 0800 717131.

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 07/Apr/10, 3.00 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Guest Members
MMM 2009 awards went to Romahome, well according to the brochure they sent me. smile

I married an Alien.

Date: Wednesday, 07/Apr/10, 4.19 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
That was the 2010 awards ????

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 07/Apr/10, 8.12 PM | Message # 4
Major general
Yeah, I guess that Romahome can't win it every year smile well it gives me a bit of hope that IF by any chance we do end up buying an R30 in a couple of years time that it won't be that bad a choice. smile

I married an Alien.

Date: Thursday, 08/Apr/10, 3.41 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
cool Em if u think so biggrin after all it WONT be a VW

Date: Tuesday, 13/Apr/10, 7.30 PM | Message # 6
Major general
[quote=Admin]after all it WONT be a VW[/quote]

Unless we happen to find an affordable Crafter with the layout and space we want I doubt it will be a VW.

I married an Alien.

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » VOLKSWAGEN CAMPERS RECOGNISED AT AWARDS CEREMONIES ("T5 Hails supreme")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: