T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Would You Stop For Another T4 Onwer
Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » Volkswagen Announces ("New Eco TAXI design")
Volkswagen Announces
Date: Monday, 26/Apr/10, 4.53 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
The era of the electric vehicle is drawing nearer (albeit excruciatingly slowly) and with Volkswagen set to get its first EV into showrooms in 2013, its latest EV concept indicates how the world's third largest auto maker is reading the market. Dubbed the Milano Taxi, the concept is a long overdue shot at getting a purpose-built electric cab into major cities. The 115 PS vehicle can reach 74 mph, travel 186 miles between charges and be recharged to 80 percent of capacity in just over an hour.

The 115 PS (113.42 hp) motor is fed by a lithium-ion battery integrated into the underside of the taxi concept, with a storage capacity of 45 Kilowatt-hours. This, combined with a kerb weight of 1,500 kg, allows the Milano Taxi concept to reach 74 mph.
Despite measuring just 3.73 meters in length, 1.66 meters in width and 1.60 meters in height (making it shorter and narrower than the VW Fox) the Milano Taxi concept is capable of carrying two passengers in comfort. A glass panel roof creates a bright and, with 944 mm of headroom, spacious environment. Measuring 120 mm, the rear legroom rivals that of luxury saloons. Substantial space is also assigned at the front of the car to carry luggage, while entry to the vehicle is made easier and more practical through the integration of a large door that both swivels and slides forward.

Once aboard, passengers can access an LCD display mounted on the reverse of the driver’s seat to see an overview of the route being taken, pay the fare or change the climate functions in the back of the vehicle.
The driver is faced by a similar screen that can be personalized to show any combination of information relating to the vehicle systems, passenger fare or navigation functions.

Intricate headlights featuring integrated LED running lights frame a bonnet that, through the absence of a grille, is able to sweep down into the front bumper and create a bold, simple appearance. At the rear, the lights fit neatly into the window panel, yet sit separately from a pair of 60:40 split doors.

Attachments: 5309043.jpg (13.3 Kb) · 7986735.jpg (143.1 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 26/Apr/10, 4.55 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
And a few interior shots

All courtesy of Gizmag.........

Attachments: 7673896.jpg (12.0 Kb) · 8191150.jpg (9.6 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 26/Apr/10, 8.44 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Looks a bit like a development of the VW Up. Interesting stuff but electric cars just dont sound right. Looks like a cool design though.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Tuesday, 27/Apr/10, 0.43 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
get in turn on put dvd in & switch on drive to bottom of road & push it back for charging biggrin

Honda have got the future sorted with the Hydrogen powered car we just need to wait till the technonlogy can be shrunk down in size & cost cool

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 27/Apr/10, 11.05 AM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Im all for eco vehicles for in town use but so far none have the mileage capabilities to be of any use to me myself i live a massive 16 - 24 mile round trip from the nearest supermarket, and 20- 25 miles from the nearest big town so vehicles like this would be absolutely useless to us sadly also costs have to come down as if they wish mainstream users to make us eof this tech the costs have to drop significantly for now at least i will continue with my frugal 1.9 td thanks cool

Cool design however keep em coming VW it actually resembles the solar camper Vw was supposed to be making back in early 2000 but never did

Date: Tuesday, 27/Apr/10, 11.09 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
The fuel cell is the future H20, Hydrogen, Water & the car in question is currently in the states as a test car, it drives like a petrol & has the milage like a petrol & costs penny's to fill the tank.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Wednesday, 28/Apr/10, 8.31 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
How I will miss that diesel knock. The Honda looks nice though and I too would not want an electric car. They have been at it for a hundred years and still have the same shortcomings. Did well on the dragstrip though but that quarter mile distance is probably best suited to them.
I hope I never have an excuse to buy a G Wizz, motorized wellington boots have more street cred. When I get the urge to look like a berk, I jump on the dance floor, it's £8000 cheaper. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » Information » Vw News » Volkswagen Announces ("New Eco TAXI design")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: