T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Rate our site
Total of answers: 97

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Meeting Requirements (What do You Want/Need to Attend a Meet)
Meeting Requirements
Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 0.14 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Ok so as we seek ideally suited & located places to meet we realy need to know what You need to attend a meet so apart from the obvious Location what would you look for in a suitable Camp Site or Location.

Please make your requirements below.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 0.21 AM | Message # 2
Major general
Group: Members
One that accepts single campers. And I don't mean vans on their own. biggrin

"Rally Bus" - Jim - Golf MK4 1.9TDI - Club Logo Designer

Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 0.28 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
So it looks like im first up then (damn jim beat me to it) biggrin as you lot are probably fast akip in your beds dreaming of big beutifull ? biggrin & Im wide awake from my monsterous gym session earlier & will be wide awake for hours until the birdies start to sing & yes I have to go to work later today.

So what do I really need in a camp site

My pesonal needs not to far to get to as I dont have central heating & bog & so gota pitch my mahusive tent biggrin (sorry Dougie mate had to slip it in)
No really as for the location I need one of two reqiurements due to departure times because of her job Oneis its gotta be ideally located so I can easily get ther & pitch my tent with some daylight leaft or Twothe easy option for arriving in the dark Basic Accomodation in the form of Pod, Yurt, B&B etc etc.
Good Shower Facilities as I love a shower & like to use all the hot water up

What does Mands need
Facilities not too far from camp due to nobbly knee biggrin
Warmth due to circulation problems

What do I think we need as a club
Site we can camp close together
Fire for the late evenings for warmth & cooking on
Good facilities though basic is all that is required & not too far to walk to

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 8.33 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Hi Rob mate. Have not deserted just finished my nights. You know my tastes, basic and more basic. As long as I have my cigs and a drink, the rest of the requirements will be in the cupboard. Grizedale is about as fancy as I like to get, any more and I feel spoilt. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 3.09 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Likewise but also suffering medical conditions i have to be careful but much like mandies requirements really [Griezdale aside IF we can get it to be suitable]

As a club i see that we need in no particular order:

1- Good Toilet & Shower Facs [clean, hot and close-by] [even although i have my own its still better with areal one biggrin ]
2 - A level pitch - Where the prospect of further space alongside could/is available so we are all able to CAMP TOGETHER [pref allowing an open fire or with a fire pit allowed to have one] so we can easily play silly games etc...
3 - Distance wise reasonable for all [easy to say harder to do though] ........
4 - Price ......

NOTE
1 - Travelling Distances As this is a bit of a contentious issue i believe the fairest way is to find out where the MIDDLE of the UK is all ways [i.e take a map plot N- S E W and find exactly the core] then work out from that a max or min travelling distance which is the only real way or to possibly take same area again and say 100 miles around it or go for 4 a year one far south - one far east - one far west and one far North [still awaiting a scottish one] to try and get us off the ground all over .....

2- Site Size set up Etc Most sites whether Camping & Caravanning Club Caravan Club or privately owned usually have a "Rally Field" the renting of such is big business there are several caravan clubs motorhone clubs, car clubs the list is endless that make use of these up and down the country i seriously think some research should be put into finding out if a list or details of such locations might be available....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 21/Jul/10, 7.06 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Scottish one next year Dougie. I expect you to tail us for at least a day and night. Perhaps Loch Earn would be good for a night. Tullem was good too. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 3.30 AM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Scottish meet for me & mands would have to be in the school holidays hers (they differ up & down the country by a week or so) unless of course she finds another job (fat chance) & as its a logistical nighmare would need to be a week long to make it worth while also id love to see the scotish hill again its been a very long time for me & it was a passing shot in a van for work angry

The lakes is nice but it is a trek for us but the fun is what makes it worth while cool

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 7.30 AM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
That's just it Rob. Not too keen on close meets because the fun part is getting there too. Scotland for a week is a must, no point in going for a couple of days. I could have stayed longer this year as the weather was so good. Top tip though.... make sure you make provision for stuff like cooking in the rain and keeping dry. Last year for instance, there was no way of pitching a tent and staying dry. Once wet, always wet. Unless you plan to stay in hotels mate, I'd seriously consider sleeping in the van as a plan B. It stays nice and dry in there even when it's lashing down outside. cool

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 9.21 AM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Ok guys the scotland thing was more of a *** take the point here was Meeting requirements so lets get back on track ..... have we coverered them all anything we have missed ? Rob you started the thread so what is the top 5 meeting requirements in cronigraphical order then ........ and what sort of site should be looking for remembering as i say not least me but Bomber now and im sure more to follow live up in Scotland we are a UK club and therefore MUST cover the whole of the UK i truly beleive by having semi local meets members are FAR more likely to come we cant cater to all everytime but it is totally unfair to make one person travel 100's of miles everytime and one travel none..

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 11.27 AM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
So the list of requirements for a site to meet our needs is as follows

1 - Toilet & Shower Facilities & location within Camp
2- Space for Camping Together
3 - Fire (ground fire preffered or two off ground fire burners) Discution in seperate Thread for this cool Fire Debate
4 - (Optional) Local Pub

Pretty basic really & what most campsites offer & also what I look for in a campsite, the fire being the only issue as todays H+S has wrecked that biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by RS_ROB - Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 11.39 AM

Date: Thursday, 22/Jul/10, 4.52 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Yip which was my point really from the start guys which it seems Griezdale is not going to provide us with now......The Lakes as i beleive it was originally picked as it was pretty central for Most [certainly not all] sadly ...... The lakes is cram packed with sites surely it cant be that hard [can it] maybe me delegating this side was a good move then biggrin cool biggrin

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 0.48 AM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Personally I beleive the Peaks is more centrally located for everyone when you take in milage & location & attendees so far. there are plenty of sites around ther with different styles from quiet & tranquil to hopefully the one were going to next month.

I shall be doing some more searching for adequate sites when I have the time tuesday no doubt & we still are undecided as to turn up early in august, if we do could do a spot of site checking. happy

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 11.19 AM | Message # 13
Webmaster
I think a choice of a few might be better.

The Peaks may be suitable now but will it be in the future as more and more attend is the worry i would of thought its the long term we are looking at not the short unfortunately where all corners of the country and mileages have to be considered, i cant remember where Glen is from but the rest of us so far are pretty well spread out surely as more join they will be to hence a central location able to accomodate us all no matter how many of us there are has to be paramount in all this where a level piece of ground with ammenities can be found to use for our main meet and others at members choice up and down the country to attend or not at your choice ????

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 11.41 AM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
only done a quick search last night but found a site with rally feild & braizers to loan out (fires) but will endevour to complete a full search with list of so called suitable sites
in the mean time here is a very usefull link if any members with noubt to do wish to start a post wit a list of suitable sites

Uk Camp Sites

btw glen & alicer are in sunderland on the north east of england biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 23/Jul/10, 12.01 PM | Message # 15
Webmaster
Cheers for that i might have a look later sadly i to am busy with other things right now surprised

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Meeting Requirements (What do You Want/Need to Attend a Meet)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: