Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Scottish Vanners (2011 meet)
Scottish Vanners
Date: Sunday, 16/Jan/11, 7.25 PM | Message # 26
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I dream of that day ... but doubt i will see it ...
For now we will carry on as we were our way is working and given a bit of time i am sure we can work through the singleminded shamefull people that dare to call themselves enthusiasts

Fun is one thing i get the mince taken out of me by my guys fair enough and by another group probably if in fun, but your right how many others would take it and cause a war, all one community generally wouldn't work, well i thought that untill yours, your ok being Scotlandish ....

But try that throughtout the UK as we have then you have a real headache the logistics of where and how to do stuff alone is a nightmare,let alone the politcis biggrin tongue

Cella Vie for our sins this is what we have to put up with if i was being paid a salary then it wouldnt be so bad for stress, headaches, and all the rest for that no sir hence my feet are firmly here...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Monday, 17/Jan/11, 7.03 PM | Message # 27
Sergeant
Group: Members
see i thought about opening one big british van forum up, then thought, hmmmmm i know the crack pots from other forums and if they decided to join it would be a massive mess, so thought wtf ill do it for scotland, a friend from wales and owner of the bedford cf club has now opened a welsh vanners site, and hopefully in the next few months we will see english vanners and irish vanners open up,

but not my sites, ill just help get them founded and show there own talents .

Date: Tuesday, 18/Jan/11, 2.57 PM | Message # 28
Webmaster
Srange one that coz my initail one was t4camper and t5camper which were initially Scottish only sites how mad that it seems to be the problem .....i have to say i was warned thats what i get for not listening i spoose ..... tongue

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 18/Jan/11, 3.03 PM | Message # 29
Sergeant
i really toyed with the thought of opening a scottish transit forum , but theres a massive transit forum anyway, and plus, i like 99% of vans out there custom and non custom so i woulda cut my nose of if i had done probably teh exact same with any scottish make specific site, scotland really isnt big enuff to support a one make club, sv isnt massive compared to other van clubs, but i think atleast we have a continuaty with members of different makes and models, and as described to me by a mate a few month back, "atleast ye dont need to have a shiony van to feel like a part of it" biggrin

i love the meets and stuff cos there is always 1 or 2 new vans there and i get to check em out cool cool thats when im not cooking on that damn bbq wacko

Date: Tuesday, 18/Jan/11, 3.13 PM | Message # 30
Webmaster
Yip no rest for the wicked us admins have a hard life really dont we if only our emmebrs really knew what went into running one of these sites ...... let alone arranging meets, mag features, ads, and everything else the only relaxation we get is at meets......

[ps thinking of a Connect for a wee side project so i may be more suited to your community soon] your right Scotland is to smal the very reason i did it for the UK surprised tongue were now doing regional meets as a way around it ....

Date: Tuesday, 18/Jan/11, 3.41 PM | Message # 31
Sergeant
connect project ehhhhhh, always like a project thread i does lol
even if its a focus van........... only thing transit is the badge wacko sorry canane help myself lol

ive tryed to get into the mags but not a real interest for it in our circle cos we aint a vw club so that rules things like camper and bus out, and there isnt any other real van mags apart from teh classic commercial stuff and they aint interested cos we arent classed as a national club wacko aw well naughty corner for sv biggrin

Date: Tuesday, 18/Jan/11, 6.30 PM | Message # 32
Webmaster
Start your own online van magazine then or fanzine more like easy oeasy in the early days i did it with this club monthly readers ride, monthly custom profile, builds whats going on shows etc could very easily work i/we would be happy to contibute to it ....

We still have our mag pages here they just dont show anymore it at one time was 200 odd pages of website but far to much for one man [me] to manage, keep up and find features for but convinced with the differing array of vehicles in your club it very well might as always something happening in one make or another for you our info, research and such are limited to 2 marques .....

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 4.13 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant colonel
I might be able to make the 5th of march. should be home 27th feb all being well. then off again on the 10th march.
so loch lomond might be a goer for me lads.

paddlewaggen,

If everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane!!!

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 7.19 PM | Message # 34
Webmaster
Well u know me Glen i shall be there anyway .... could do with some company apart from mrs me and my 2 new puppies

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 7.34 PM | Message # 35
Lieutenant colonel
Hi Dougie,
Do you know if the venue is close to the loch?
If it is then i may haul the boat up as I have not paddled in yonks.

paddlewaggen,

Message edited by boaterxx - Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 7.35 PM

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 9.24 PM | Message # 36
Sergeant
biggrin supperb boater look forward to seeing ya buddy,

the place we meet at duck bay is next to the water but unfortunatly that part is black buoyd and think they have removed the duck bay moorings as well, so you run the risk of waves pushing the bow into stone wall founds wacko ,

sallochy you can beach the boat at but wouldnt do it with out some fenders to protect the hull as the stones are pretty heavy duty, my mates have sand anchors
for when there in the bays, just as happenstance my mate was up last week they have changed the licence again, more money down the drain its yearly charges
for you numbers.

but fire down for some burgers and a gab then batter up and dip yer toes at balloch after or vise versa cool

anybody else having probs seeing this thread ? the footer info is scrolled across the thread cry

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 10.10 PM | Message # 37
Lieutenant colonel
Hi Scotvan,
It's only a 14ft open canoe, so should have no problems.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 10.15 PM | Message # 38
Sergeant
if the waters low enuff you can just sling it over the wall, few of teh other guys bring kayacs and canoes with em when were camping happy

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 10.20 PM | Message # 39
Lieutenant colonel
Sounds like the perfect weekend shapeing up mate.....
Vans, BBQ's, a little paddle and a few beers.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 10.23 PM | Message # 40
Sergeant
should check some of the vids out in youtube,
most of our meets and partys are turned into vids on there,
just search for scottish vanners, theres a very nice t4 with stunnning airbrushing belongs to one of the guys on them cool

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 10.27 PM | Message # 41
Lieutenant colonel
Still at sea mate and they block all streaming sites. but I'll have a look when i get back. Cheers bud.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 10.29 PM | Message # 42
Sergeant
no worrys man, look forward to meeting ya and having a gander at the van, im a nosey bugger haha

Date: Wednesday, 26/Jan/11, 10.44 PM | Message # 43
Lieutenant colonel
No probs bud.. I'll try to get up on the friday afternoon.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Thursday, 27/Jan/11, 2.05 PM | Message # 44
Webmaster
Glen if your coming up early let me know and we can meet up pre the meet for a beer or two in my wee village here like catch up etc been since June and BVF really since we spoke ...

Date: Thursday, 27/Jan/11, 8.09 PM | Message # 45
Lieutenant colonel
Yeah Dougie sounds good mate. I'll try to be up after lunch on friday all being well.
Any of the other lads turning up?

paddlewaggen,

Date: Friday, 28/Jan/11, 3.01 PM | Message # 46
Webmaster
Not sure yet buddy possibly now your coming boats equipped biggrin

Date: Saturday, 29/Jan/11, 10.24 AM | Message # 47
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Would love to but not sure I can get off that early in the year yet. Will post if I can.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 29/Jan/11, 1.12 PM | Message # 48
Webmaster
Chas's mind doing overtime guys he heard the word boat being mentioned biggrin tongue i swear he should if he is not already in a Kyhaking club shame his T4 cant float or we could have a T4-kyhaking section surprised biggrin cool although im willing to try and see if it will wink

Date: Tuesday, 01/Feb/11, 7.08 AM | Message # 49
Lieutenant colonel
It would be good to see you and arron again chas.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Wednesday, 02/Feb/11, 2.18 PM | Message # 50
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Would be great mate. We have a plant shutdown around that time so I'll have to determine dates and get back to you. Looking around for a small trailer too as the boats take up too much of the van space. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Scottish Vanners (2011 meet)
Search: