T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What is the best colour for a T4
Total of answers: 406

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Vanfest 2011 ("Heads Up")
Vanfest 2011
Date: Tuesday, 08/Mar/11, 2.16 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Vanfest have released prices for 2011.

For 2 adults with van, awning and gazebo, wanting to go and see the entertainment on both nights is £150!!! Thats without fuel and food!

With many other shows to choose from and a resesion on many beleive this is suicide and the organisers are only in it for the money now !!!

Blackpool Breeze is on at the same time for £20 for the weekend [tbc] gladly i wont be here for either but personally feel they are going to witness a massive downturn in attandances this year and im sure will have to rapidly rethink costs let alone the other restrictions for us as a club to have a club camping area is price and restriction prohibitive then add to that they will not allow dogs the list of donts just keeps getting bigger and the price keeps getting steeper vote with your feet guys it may be the biggest totally VW Van show but at this rate it will not be for long, show alligance to one of the other smaller shows who knows you might just like it too....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Tuesday, 08/Mar/11, 4.04 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Members
i agree £150 too ***** much as the price of fuel rockets its taking the mick
i will also choose the smaller shows camperjam was good last year and should be the same this

\

Date: Thursday, 10/Mar/11, 9.41 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Members
Hmmm... many grumblings on club sites about the cost of Vanfest, there is talk of a Scottish Vanfest on the same weekend.... I think the idea of a Scottish event is great, but the same weekend as Vanfest seems a bit silly, a summertime date I think would be better....

I love the smell of bacon in the morning...

Date: Friday, 11/Mar/11, 1.29 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Yip been in talks with Scottish Vanners Admin about this very subject

Many beleive that it could/would work i would be happy to do my bit to make it happen Vanfest is just to far away as a day trip from anywhere in Scotland and far to expensive to boot

But more importantly far to restrictive for clubs to attend as a club somewhere in central Scotland would be ideal to suit and cut travel for all, at a cost we CAN AFFORD.... like i have said on many subjects surrounding the "scene"
is that certain bodies are after all only NO1 by virtue of the fact their is NOT another or they were first to do whatever big deal competiton in every walk of life is good and should be encouraged... More importantly Scotland really doesnt have a BIG VW show other than Biggar so its about time we did 1000% behind the idea happy as i say to be VERY involved in any such plans ....

However it has to be said many are show goers are wholy unaware of just what goes into arranging one of these shows let alone the legislation behind them, the health and safety implications and last but far from least the costs of liabilty insurance to stage such and event it is a major, major undertaking however if all the Scottish based van clubs got together and ran an all models vanfest it ABSOLUTELY WOULD WORK just needs someone with the cash to front it...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Vanfest 2011 ("Heads Up")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: