T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Helicopter Ride ("Finally")
Helicopter Ride
Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 4.37 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Admin

Loch Lomond from above !!!

I bought the chance to go on a helicopter ride as a Christmas pressy for my missus this past Christmas as she has always wanted to go up in one [rather her than me i say wacko ] which will finally after a lot of faffing about due to weather, and yeah volcanic ash is now going ahead at the end of the month so in common with Rob's one off trip to the roadtrain this will be a one off trip for her cool she will be touring up above our home and over Loch Lomond The Trossachs and the outskirts of Glasgow with hopefully a good bright day to get us some great images with...

I will of course post images and maybe a video when she has done so, and would urge others to start a thread here in this forum if you have such vidoes or images of similar previous trips or are intending doing something "different" this coming summer

Attachments: 3877135.jpg (28.1 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 15/May/10, 10.13 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Very nice indeed look forward to the pics cool

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 10.44 AM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Lovely way to travel, I hope she has a great time up there. Having almost fallen out of one though due to a dodgy seatbelt and an impatient pilot, they can be great fun and thrilling at the same time. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 10.50 AM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Ive flown a chipmunk (small training aircraft) when i was in the air cadets, logged several hours & done some lopps & barrell rolls & even follwed the pilot through on landing & take off.

Great fun............ cool

its the training video that always used to amaze me on how to bail out of the plain biggrin biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 10.54 AM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Cool Rob! I think nearly all pilots start off in a Chipmunk. You could be flying planes for DHL now now mate.
I never progressed beyond a glider as I have not the stomach for descending quickly (as I found out quite by accident) biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 10.58 AM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Been in a powered glider & it was really eary when the pilot shut down the engine, youve gotta keep the nose slightly down or fall out of the sky biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 12.39 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Em and you wonder why i dont want to be up there i wont even fly in a "real" plane hence we are driving to France in June and not flying !!! simply doesnt work for me, i beleive if god meant us to fly, he would of given us wings, just like he did the birdies terra firma or not at all and most often on 4 wheels of Vw being my preffered way biggrin cool

My daughters boyfriend is in the Air Cadets however like you Rob and loves it strangely for a 15-16 yr old he loves the disipline etc that comes with it gets my vote as he is a throughly decent chap [so far] wants to join the air force......however the other sadder side is i also know a friend of my families son who got his wings at 21 [damn good going btw] flew in many missions and died at 22 some might remember the shynook that came down over Harris some 15-20 yrs ago now BIG BIG news at the time it appernetly hit the sid eof a mountain and killed half a dozen BIG BIG RAF brass Colin our friends son tragically died piloting it, the papers had it he was up there flicking about wacko wacko as if taking your bosses to a meeting destroyed his whole family destroyed the boys honour and a whole lot more to later uncover the truth that even way back then FAULTY damn radars caused it, he was flying in low hung fog and quite simply didnt see the mountain that took his life the RAF made statements condemning the media but it has ruined his poor father to this day is still a broken man.....

Call me mad, crazy insane even but it changed my whole view on flying have never since flown anywhere, doesnt mean i will stop my family its their lives i can only do so much if they wish to take it in their hands so be it my T4 will do nicely for me thanks...

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Sunday, 16/May/10, 10.40 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
what a waste..... & I can see exactly where your coming from there I probably would be worried up in a big modern jet to many uncontrolable variables.
Behind the wheel im in control & can judge whats going on around me & drive accordingly.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Monday, 17/May/10, 12.39 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
My god someone who can see the light to greenpaece would love us to biggrin biggrin

Date: Monday, 24/May/10, 10.51 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
I found one in the Newark Air Museum so took some pics
this is what the RAF used to us as a trainer the Dehaviland Chipmunk & is also what I have spent quite a few hours flying when I was in the Air Cadets

Attachments: 0101825.jpg (73.2 Kb) · 5922027.jpg (69.6 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Tuesday, 25/May/10, 7.04 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Nice - I'm sure it will find favor with my daughters boyfriend he is currently training with the air cadets

Date: Saturday, 29/May/10, 12.19 PM | Message # 12
Webmaster
OK my missus finally got to go on her helly belly ride this very morning, shame the weather wasn't to great as fate would have it she is just back and the sun has just come out biggrin cool biggrin

The Copter

Balmaha
Attachments: 4478441.jpg (29.2 Kb) · 3533382.jpg (26.2 Kb)

Date: Saturday, 29/May/10, 12.23 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
A few more ....

Our Village, Our house is about in the middle of the above image and off to the far left

She says Balmaha again i say not ? who knows

Her pilot says that they were travelling at in excess of 150mph throughout the majority of the time although they didn't get that sensation until he low flew over the Connic Hill which is behind our home......down the valley before it went back up and over said hill [i believe much like a common or garden helter skelter wacko ] ........

Rather her than me she says the only thing that she would say is do it solo she was up with 6 others and was lucky to get a wndy seat otherwise she wouldn't of seen very much, she wants to do it again but solo completely and wants me to hire her a copter for herself [i right]

Attachments: 7003918.jpg (54.8 Kb) · 6534911.jpg (32.4 Kb)

Date: Sunday, 30/May/10, 9.29 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
I'm saying nothing with regard to the parafin budgies, got to ride to work in the buggers, then when at work , got to land em on a rolling deck and stop idiots trying to walk into the tail rotor, but the best ones are the ones that take you off again. Oh and the ones that don't leave hydraulic oil all over my deck. hahahaha.
get some right parcels of junk in india and mexico, definate questions about airworthiness. hahahaha.

paddlewaggen,

If everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane!!!

Date: Sunday, 30/May/10, 9.38 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant colonel
chopper pics.
Attachments: 4223845.jpg (387.7 Kb)

paddlewaggen,

Date: Sunday, 30/May/10, 9.39 PM | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Glen whats your deck name/ position, which part do you play ?

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 30/May/10, 9.44 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant colonel
Rob, I'm Cheif Officer senior DPO (dynamic positioning operator) and Helicopter landing officer, and what ever other jobs no one wants. hahaha.

Attachments: 5340285.jpg (14.1 Kb)

paddlewaggen,

Date: Sunday, 30/May/10, 9.46 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
Rocky II in new zealand. no heli's all gone for the day.

Attachments: 0825029.jpg (3.9 Kb)

paddlewaggen,

Date: Sunday, 30/May/10, 9.48 PM | Message # 19
Generalissimo
Cant wait to hear some of your stories at malvern biggrin

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Sunday, 30/May/10, 9.51 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
Looking forward to it Rob. Can't wait mate. hope the weather is nice but still have fun if it's not.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Monday, 31/May/10, 1.12 PM | Message # 21
Webmaster
Each to their own chap but as i say and with good reason i feel not for me biggrin cool

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Camping Club » Events » Helicopter Ride ("Finally")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: