Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Kombi Conversion ("Where & How")
Kombi Conversion
Date: Monday, 16/Aug/10, 5.56 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Hi im new to the forum
i have a t5 174 lwb 2007
i want a kombi conversion does anyone know of someone cheap but good in the chester area or someone cheap that goes to site to do it
thanks

\

Date: Monday, 16/Aug/10, 11.58 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Hi & to our Club/Forum

I beleive Pablo would be able to help as he recently had some windows fitted to his T5.

For some reason the T5 windows are more expensive than the T4's are

Ultimate Transporters in birmingham should be able to help you & they are not to far from you.

Attachments: 3502940.gif (12.1 Kb) · 7707805.gif (55.0 Kb)

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 17/Aug/10, 5.02 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Yep
Got my windows fitted by Wagencraft that have 2 bases in Birmingham. They do everything from windows to full conversions including electric packs. I think you are going to struggle to get a Kombi conversion "cheap" as you put it unless you are prepared to do some/most of the work yourself. Plus the fact if you do it yourself you can have it custom to your needs. If you are gonna stick with getting the job done for you the biggest expense is gonna be the seats as the standard van will need the floor modifying.

Good luck mate.........................Pablo

z

Date: Tuesday, 17/Aug/10, 7.32 PM | Message # 4
Private
hi guys
thanks for that its just the windows i want doing. what sort of prices am i looking at for the opening ones
i can do the seats my self tracking is farely straight forward

\

Date: Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 12.22 PM | Message # 5
Webmaster
Group: Admin
See Ultimate Transporters website as prices differ or search T5 windows but beware the opening ones are NOT cheap .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 1.13 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant general

Date: Wednesday, 18/Aug/10, 7.15 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant colonel
Wagencraft was no different price for opening or non opening when i was quoted £295. I went for non opening as i know the other ones are really easy to break into and often leak like a siv. I also opted for limo tint (VW) for security reasons (no extra cost) but they do the standard VW light green panes also.

Pablo

z

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 12.19 PM | Message # 8
Private
265 was that for both sides and fitting

\

Date: Friday, 20/Aug/10, 5.52 PM | Message # 9
Private
how easy or hard is it to fit genuine vw rear triple bench seat and are they easy to remove incase i need the full van

\

Date: Friday, 20/Aug/10, 7.37 PM | Message # 10
Webmaster
A full VW seat is just bolted in but if it didn't come with it stranthening needs to be carried out to the floor but they run on runners a slider mech from front to rear so a doddle but **** dear for real VW ones mate Mazda Bongo ones are about £100 for seats runners and 3 x 3 point seat belts + they fold flat to use as a bed and are as hard/difficult to retro fit as VW's only way way way cheaper [but best off all are crashed tested its not just a matter of drilling and bolting]

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 20/Aug/10, 7.54 PM | Message # 11
Private
Do these ones not just unclip and be taken out

Attachments: 9647813.jpg (11.4 Kb)

\

Date: Saturday, 21/Aug/10, 10.07 AM | Message # 12
Webmaster
Yip indeed they do if they are on the runner system that is ??? the two legs in the middle they should run up and down the length of the rear on ....... BUT BEWARE THE FLOOR STILL NEEDS STRENGTHENED

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 7.51 PM | Message # 13
Private
does anyone know where i can get 1 triple seat that is resonable priced

\

Date: Thursday, 26/Aug/10, 11.30 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
erm pablo recently offered his seat up for sale but I think it was a double & an expensive one

so that leaves

Fleabay for a ex AA seat & a single next to it I beleive, the single will fold forward allowing access to the rear.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 27/Aug/10, 2.15 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant colonel
I was flogging a double seat mate but its gone. LDV rear triple seats are going for 50 squid on ebay a la my conversion....................................Pablo

z

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Kombi Conversion ("Where & How")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: