T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

Do You Wave At Other T4 - T5 Owners
Total of answers: 358

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Roll-out awning on pop-top (Roll-out awning on pop-top)
Roll-out awning on pop-top
Date: Monday, 16/Aug/10, 7.38 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Hi
Has anyone fitted a Fiamma or Omnistor type roll-out awning, ie one that lives in a tube attached to the roof, to a T5 with a Reimo pop-top.
It would seem possible to attach flatish brackets to the bolts which would normally hold a roof rack and then attach the awning tube to these brackets.
I am told that the F45 Ti kit from Fiamma still needs a rail fitted first and the cost of all these bits starts to add up.
Cheers
JD

\

Date: Monday, 16/Aug/10, 8.11 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
These brackets might work, not 100% shure though. I've seen a few t5's with the awnings on so there must be proper brackets available.

http://www.fiammastore.com/Motorho....-Fiamma

paddlewaggen,

If everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane!!!

Message edited by boaterxx - Tuesday, 17/Aug/10, 2.58 PM

Date: Tuesday, 17/Aug/10, 5.59 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
The Fiamma store supply all that is required as you say not cheap but there is as far as i am aware no alternatives as the roof line is akwardly shaped for fixings, the T4 suffers likewise....

I had thought of on ebut like you i have a pop top fitted making it difficult to do without serious expense for what is essentially a sunshade far better, cheaper alternatives exist buddy ....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Roll-out awning on pop-top (Roll-out awning on pop-top)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: