Total of answers: 257

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Colour coding
Colour coding
Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 9.57 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
Ok here goes with my interior 90% complete i am turning my attention to the exterior in particular colour coding bumpers and wing mirrors. I have spoken to a sprayer whos work i have seen and is spot on. He has warned me that although "do-able" painting my standard VW bumpers comes with the risk of paint flaking or chipping easily as they are not totally smooth and no matter how much plasticisers are put into the paint it will not key 100% to the plastic. The only way to guarantee a good finish is to get VW bumpers that are the smooth type designed to be painted as per sportlines etc. Anyone know of a good reasonably priced supplier of these bumpers as i am guessing its gonna cost me a small fortune direct from VW. Otherwise i may have to bite the bullet and risk having the standard ones sprayed. Currently looking at scrapyards wacko ....................Pablo

z

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 12.28 PM | Message # 2
Private
my mate vinyl wrapped mine spot on it worked out cheaper the spraying
he carbon wrapped a lambo for 900
www.autopro-motorsport.co.uk

\

Message edited by tank - Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 12.33 PM

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 1.32 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
Found this somewhere, might help...

Just had my Bumpers and Mirror caps cloour coded in Ipplepen by a young guy called Tom (His father owns the Garage- which has its own Bake oven etc) He has done such a great job it definatly worth a recomendation

Tom's number is 07515687185

He gave us a small car to jet about in for the two days he had our van and charged us £250 quid for a smooth finish, I spent a long time as a pannel beater/sprayer and couldn't fault his work.

Great price and great lad!

paddlewaggen,

If everything is coming your way, youre in the wrong lane!!!

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 1.34 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
My mate told me he saw an add for GRP replacement front and rear caravelle and sportline type.
when i manage to rouse him i'll pump him for info.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 2.30 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Any chance of a picture of the finished job Tank?

Quote (tank)
my mate vinyl wrapped mine spot on it worked out cheaper the spraying
he carbon wrapped a lambo for 900
www.autopro-motorsport.co.uk

Cheers Boaterxx i will await your update on the GRP replacements

z

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 2.34 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
just had e mail from my T3 brick owning mate. He says there is a thread on brickyard forum T5 asthetics, he says it is close to the end of the thread. with pictures also.

paddlewaggen,

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 3.57 PM | Message # 7
Private
got no way of getting pictures up this week
would recommend tho if you put his name out there he prob will do discount as he has not long started
he will be at many shows these year

\

Date: Thursday, 19/Aug/10, 4.17 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I know Rs Bodykits are doing smooth T4 bumpers very reasonably [i have a sample here at present good work] great price check them out at rsbodykits on Ebay [don't have access to exact info out mobile just now] if ordering tell him T4 -T5 Club UK sent you ...... As far as T4 stuff goes its one of the best i have yet seen..

I should point out if the right plasticiers are used to paint them they should be fine ???? my last T4 had its done and my new one likewise, i personally dont like them painted however in 3 yrs and 25k my original never chipped or flaked and neither hasmy new ones yet? i'm wondering if its just another urban myth much like the lowering saga that MUST be done why? coz some numty decides it ??? Think about it how many scabby bumpers have you seen on painted ones ???? persoanlly NONE i can think off beware guys it could easily be leading you to spend loads of dosh you dont need to, solely based on forum speak ....... wouldnt be me i would be talking to people alraedy having ahd theirs painted and unless T5 ones are radically different in construction to T4 one si can see no reason to not just paint them ..... like everyone else does unless of course you have money to burn .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 20/Aug/10, 0.14 AM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
alternatvly spend a few hours smoothing out yours like my mate done to his.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Friday, 20/Aug/10, 2.00 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant colonel
Definately no money to burn here mate, wise word hoping to get to Vanfest this year to check out the finishes for myself cheers for the website details

Pablo

z

Date: Friday, 20/Aug/10, 4.36 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Group: Admin
If it's a cost issue use the originals simply get them well flattened out well coated in plasticicer and oven baked and they will be as good as new ones would be ........

I prefer them black as to much white makes them look to white van manish where as black and white breaks it up a bit get em flattened out, and painted correctly and spray them matt/satin black cool and easy to touch up it you scuff them my route next time i think .....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Saturday, 21/Aug/10, 1.35 AM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
Tis a funny ol thing as the T5 looks really good with colour coded bumpers yet the T4 looks just as good with Black Bumpers.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Colour coding
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: