Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

If Money Was No Object What Would You Own?
Total of answers: 103

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Bull Bars/Abars (Are They Legal?)
Bull Bars/Abars
Date: Wednesday, 15/Sep/10, 3.21 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
Here we go,on the subject of the Bull bars

I want to fit this to my T4, now i have been reading a lot on the Bull Bars/Abars, the law is stating it is illegal to put them on, can someone put me right on this, my van is a 2001 but they are saying the law changed in May 2007 before that you could put them on, so should i chance it and if pulled just say they where on the van when i bought it, anyway they would have to prove it that i have only just fitted them any answers on this subject

Thanks

BUSTER biggrin

\

Date: Wednesday, 15/Sep/10, 4.06 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Buster first hello and welcome to our community nice to have you here im sure .... cool You will find us a helpful happy generally knowledgeable crew ...

As regards your query i think it looks like you are mixing 2 subjects here an A Bar IS NOT A BULL BAR lets be clear about that and i beleive BULLBARS were outlawed due to teh damage they do when hitting a pedestrian in a hit situation, where as an A BAR is a totally different thing all together and is a fashion accessory really making teh fronts of our vehicles look pretty whilst be areodynamically far better in an a suiuation where you hit a pedestrian hence they are totally legal T4's T5's and T5.5's can be found of all ages with A-BARS and they are openly sold by every accessory retailer you should have no probelms in fitting one of them and besides a BULLBAR on a T4 just doesnt look right far to agricultural i have seen a few fitted but they look god awful so my advice would be fit an A-BAR and be legal and look good ...

A -BAR

BULL-BAR

Two very different beasts not to be confused with one another hopefully this will answer your question if not feel free to carry on .....

Attachments: 6579113.jpg (8.8 Kb) · 9627681.jpg (8.4 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 15/Sep/10, 5.12 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
I beleive Dougie to be correct on that I have a link to the relevent laws which I will add in a mo

A bars are the thing nowdays BUT & there is a but for it to be legal it must be TU approved the following linkw will explain more but it is basicaly down to european law.

Frontal Protection

Hopefully this will help it has links to the relevent laws

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Message edited by RS_ROB - Wednesday, 15/Sep/10, 5.19 PM

Date: Thursday, 16/Sep/10, 7.51 AM | Message # 4
Private
Thanks guys for the info, i will fit an A/Bar they look much better than a bull bar hope they are fairly easy to fit because looking underneath i have to remove that big plate that covers the engine is this right can you give me some info on fitting. cool thanks Buster

\

Date: Thursday, 16/Sep/10, 3.42 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
No if you look underneath yes you will see big metal engine sheild but to each side of it it is cut away & you can see the shasis rails & should see 2 bolt holes on the inside of ech towards the front. These are the 4 mounting bolts.

Rob. [Secretary]

Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 2.35 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Easy peasey lemon squeezy there will be a diagram and fitting instructions with whichever one you buy worry not but it is really easy hence why they get stolen readily a wee tip a set of nylock nuts ??? or a bit of that threadlock might be worth investing in might just save your new bars being pinched .......

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 17/Sep/10, 11.54 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
also instead of using standard bolts use some tamper proof ones spline head.
That way when the ******* climbs under to nick it he wil be stumped.

Rob. [Secretary]

Message edited by Admin - Saturday, 18/Sep/10, 2.04 PM

Date: Tuesday, 05/Jul/11, 6.52 PM | Message # 8
Major
IMO i love the look of the bull bar LOL
and am looking for one for my t4 ....iv seen a few with them on that do look silly but what i have planned for my T4 it will look fab smile x

lifes short .... drive a volkswagen naked

Official window licker T4 -T5 Logo maker order yours here -- http://t4club.ucoz.net/forum/158-1710-1

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Bull Bars/Abars (Are They Legal?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: