Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - bumpers (new shape bumpers, old van)
T4 - bumpers
Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 10.25 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Members
hi chaps, does anyone know if the bumpers from a 1997 on, will fit my m reg t4 without any cutting or drilling. also the van is getting painted next week if all goes to plan, so paint bumpers or dont paint bumpers. help im like a girl when it comes to makeing a choice unsure

c oloughlin

Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 10.52 AM | Message # 2
Major general
hi mrt4,I would have thought they should fit ok. they are only bolted through behind number plate and 2 screws each side (front) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,back ones are just bolted on from underneath and again at sides ........Get em painted. cool

Stan

Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 3.25 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I prefer mine painted personally but some schools of thought prefer them not painted if it were me i would paint then and the mirrors, not sure if they fit but our res guru Ray will be along soon i'm sure he will know for sure.

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 5.05 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
I never had an XR3i so mine are as black as your hat. biggrin

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 7.10 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant general
hi mrt4 and welcome if Ive not all ready done that, the bumpers will fit but your need to use the fitting kit for the new bumpers as they are different to the old type so a bit of drilling is required, i would do it before its painted and have a test fit, if your gonna get the bumper painted make sure they use plastic primer, and a bit of elastersisor in the paint for the bumpers, as this will stop it all coming back off the if they are knocked or the first time you pressure wash it , hope this helps

northernclassicsandcampers.co.uk?

Date: Thursday, 02/Apr/09, 8.19 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Group: Admin
As always Ray to the rescue cool

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » T4 - bumpers (new shape bumpers, old van)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: