T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

How low is yours
Total of answers: 216

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Volkswagen T5 - T5 Bodywork Panels ("Gen and pattern parts")
Volkswagen T5 - T5 Bodywork Panels
Date: Thursday, 23/Sep/10, 11.17 AM | Message # 1
Major general
Group: Members

As most will know already Volkswagen's own panels for both the T4 and T5 Transporter range are prohibitively expensive a lot of the time, resulting in most opting for "pattern" panels from teh likes of Hadrian [and other manufacturers] the main problems with using such panels is teh tollerances in their overall shapes and sizes are often knowhere as close or as good as Volkswagens own thus requiring loads of "fettling" to get them to fit correctly as they often don't....

Below you will find links to the body suppliers we are aware off if you know of any others feel free to add them, but please keep any bodywork related threads to teh bodywork section in our forums where we will do our best to answer......

Attachments: 7763743.jpg (56.2 Kb)

It's more than just a van!!

Date: Thursday, 23/Sep/10, 12.14 PM | Message # 2
Webmaster
Group: Admin
Attachments: 7183880.jpg (1.7 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 23/Sep/10, 12.20 PM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Attachments: 9372098.jpg (3.1 Kb)

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Thursday, 23/Sep/10, 12.31 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Hello to anyone needing or wishing to start changing body panels I'm sure some of you have look the state of my pride and joy the worst t4 lol any way this thread is just saying that when I have had to buy panels because I'm on tight budget I have to use non genuine repair panels which are ok but may require a little tweek here and there to get them to fit iv used only one supplier for my parts and that's just kampers although not all panels are avaible I.e the panel behind the drivers door which I can only find from vw themselves
cheers
Andy

Date: Thursday, 23/Sep/10, 12.32 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
They looked pretty good quality Andy but I was amazed at the price difference for bolt on wings as opposed to the weld on ones. surprised

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Thursday, 23/Sep/10, 3.30 PM | Message # 6
Major general
Group: Members
Yes I know is that because ones a short and ones a long nose model I was considering making my wings bolt on as they are weld on from factory as this isn't hard to do I have however just welded them on!! Although a couple of suppliers have been listed above it is always checking local panel companys which can also supply various repair panels although not always covering alot what iv come across. With most is mainly bonnets lights and grills even t4s you cannot get all panels for unless you go to vw themselves

It's more than just a van!!

Message edited by ac - Thursday, 23/Sep/10, 3.36 PM

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Volkswagen T5 - T5 Bodywork Panels ("Gen and pattern parts")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: