Newest User

Members Rides

T5 -T5 Club Forums

Camping Club Forums 

T5 - T5 Shopping Mall

Advertise

Search

Polls

What Do You Think of Our New Site Design?
Total of answers: 109

[New messagesMembersForum rulesSearchRSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Is debadging the way forward ?
Is debadging the way forward ?
Date: Thursday, 07/Oct/10, 9.33 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Members
Hi gang
I have just finished t cutting and polishing my chariot (4 1/2 hrs !!!!). During this saga i removed the TDI badges as it lets everyone know that i dont own a 200+bhp machine. wacko
It got me thinking; do i remove the rest of the badges (transporter etc) or does it look better with them intact? What do you think?

Pablo

z

Date: Thursday, 07/Oct/10, 10.19 PM | Message # 2
Major general
Remove them all!!

It's more than just a van!!

Date: Friday, 08/Oct/10, 11.28 AM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Group: Admin
I would say so mine has none ........ well not Vw ones anyway ....

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Friday, 08/Oct/10, 2.19 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Moderators
it keeps cleaner with no badges, none of the unsightly uncleaned areas around the badge's & looks just as good if not better.

You really only need the maufactuers badge.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Saturday, 09/Oct/10, 3.30 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
Thought so, im off to t cut it now smile

Pablo

z

Date: Monday, 11/Oct/10, 3.26 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Except a www.t4club.co.uk white vynil one off course on your windows or wind deflectors of course tongue

T4/T5 Club UK and its domains are currently up for sale due to severe illness of its owner, if you beleive you have what it takes to run it get in touch TODAY (note the community is NOT at risk and will continue in any situation)

Date: Wednesday, 13/Oct/10, 11.07 AM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Trying to get T4 - T5 Club UK ones to replace both front and rear VW badges as we speak working on a project that should see one produced in small quantities if all goes well details as and when i have any to share

Date: Wednesday, 13/Oct/10, 1.31 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant colonel
good skills !

z

Date: Wednesday, 13/Oct/10, 8.05 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
did I hear the word "stickers"?

www.rutlandcampers.co.uk

Date: Wednesday, 13/Oct/10, 8.35 PM | Message # 10
Private
VW is a Badge that I am proud to wear on my auto. It stands for Reliability amongst other thing's and that alone is worthy of taking it's place on my vehicle. I find the whole de-badging idea as understandable however to remove the makers mark is to me like having a picasso painting and removing the name. I as a VW T4 Owner Driver am very proud of the name and take great pleasure when driving these fabulous vehicles. Just as many people do.
The VW symbol is what bring's people together from the Kubels to the Schwimmwagen's to Dubz & T4's & 5's etc it is a class apart and I (and I hope other VW volk) not forget that.

It's in the Name. smile

\

Message edited by Treuevolks - Thursday, 14/Oct/10, 8.55 AM

Date: Thursday, 14/Oct/10, 2.13 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Indeed it is and VW's worldwide are very recognisable by shape, reliability and happy waving drivers to other equally noticeable vehicles VW has always been about the "people the scene the ethos" in inspiring others to make them there own, thus there are so many variations that in van form have spanned 60+ years and are still going strong today, most want to make what would otherwise be an unoticeable box into something that echoes them, their lifestyle and their sense of "cool" if that then includes debadging, lowering, big wheels and all that so be it individuality is the key word here.

Personaly i see no use for a makers bage, name or wehatever on a vehicle everyone and their dogs know what a VW van looks like, the space in my view would be far better being put to greater use in advertising this community which is the intention when plans can be finalised to further owners involvment with each other via our community it is a matter of personal choice which we are all free to make but i must add like in many other makes it is becoming a rather popular mod to carry out ..... Which knd of speaks for itself i would of though ..... I know what way mine will be going ....

Date: Thursday, 14/Oct/10, 9.24 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant colonel
gotta go, rust traps. did buy a vinyl one that says "VW always" god bless....

Dont forget otherwise you wont remember

Date: Thursday, 04/Nov/10, 11.15 AM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
I removed said "transporter" logo from the rear nearside door and it has left a faint glue residue behing. Any idea how to shift it ????????

Pablo

z

Date: Thursday, 04/Nov/10, 11.27 AM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
White spirit usually works Pablo, followed by a light cutting back to even out the shiny bits caused by washing and the sun.

Have to say, I actually bought a VW badge for the back of mine when it was pilfered by a spotty oik. Otherwise what to do with the recess left behind???

Chas! [Social Convener]

Message edited by listensqueak - Thursday, 04/Nov/10, 11.29 AM

Date: Thursday, 04/Nov/10, 1.08 PM | Message # 15
Webmaster
Cut a T4 Club UK badge to fit in it ???? doh surprised

Date: Thursday, 04/Nov/10, 3.17 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant colonel
was worried the white spirt might be a bit harsh on the paintwork ?

pablo

z

Date: Thursday, 04/Nov/10, 3.32 PM | Message # 17
Generalissimo
No it will not penetrate car paint mate.

Chas! [Social Convener]

Date: Saturday, 06/Nov/10, 12.05 PM | Message # 18
Lieutenant colonel
awesome cheers mate

pablo

z

Date: Saturday, 06/Nov/10, 1.51 PM | Message # 19
Webmaster
As long as you dont use petrol or thinners type liquids it will be fine you can get sticky stuff remover for this very task though cool it also takes glue of about everything it might get on .....

Date: Monday, 08/Nov/10, 9.57 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant colonel
ok will keep an eye out for glue remover ta......................pablo

z

Date: Tuesday, 09/Nov/10, 4.49 AM | Message # 21
Generalissimo
have you just tried rubbing your thumb over it it has always worked for me & have never had any residue left from ant debadging then followed by t cut.

Badges are best removed with some warm air like from a hair dryer not a paint remover.

Rob. [Secretary]
vwT4T5club@googlemail.com

T4 -------- X Pack -------- Blue Thunder AKA The Bat Mobile

Date: Tuesday, 09/Nov/10, 2.00 PM | Message # 22
Webmaster
Yip the badges are but if any residue is left over once badge is removed as is often the case a light dose of some spirit will ensure all residue is lifted

There is nothing worse than ages down the line as is common when a company van is decommisioned then much later you start to see the outline of the original company logos [Rac & Bt vans spring to mind here]

To ensure yours doesnt hit it with t-cut, meths, white spirit any of will not do the paintwork any harm but will with a little work successfully remove all but the most stuborn of marks a Hirdryer is a better option for heat to peel lettering stickers etc as a hot air gun if kept on even 1 milly second to long can and will scorch the paintwork which it will not recover from......

For very stuborn ones i remove with a little and i repeat A VERY LITTLE thinners lightly wiped over the spot/area however be very very careful as it will lift the paint if you are to aggressive so beware but works a treat after which t-cut to flatten and polish like a mad thing with a good few layers as you are likely to of removed all polish also however no unsightly black outlines will ever be seen ......

Date: Wednesday, 10/Nov/10, 9.21 AM | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Mine was a classic example of that. pretty much the whole van was signwritten. Mopping after the hairdryer experience was the only way to get rid of it all for good. T Cut was too fine and very time consuming but Farecla did the job in two hours with no residue left behind as it washes off with water. VW paint is quite thickly applied on the T4's so it can take a good buff without fear of going through if you are reasonably careful on the edges. Slowish speed on the mop is best with plenty of clean water to prevent burning. If removing badges/vinyl this will ensure nothing is left behind.

Chas! [Social Convener]

T4 - T5 Forum Pages » T4 - T5 Members Posts » Bodywork » Is debadging the way forward ?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: